Status: My first full fledged story. Comment and such??

Hi! My Name is: The Mob Boss's Son

Chapter 18

18

“Yes,” she said to me with a chipper attitude the next morning. I, on the other hand, was barely awake; I hadn’t had my coffee yet, and the girl could’ve been speaking in tongues for all I comprehended.

“What?” I asked, my tone completely confused.

Last night had been one of the worst, the nightmare unrelenting. I’d fallen asleep and woken up screaming four times. At three- thirty, Lucifer’s death threats finally caught up to me, and I just decided that it would be an easier night for all of us if I just stayed up. I’d been awake every since. She was lucky I was even cognizant enough to say that much.

“Yesterday you asked me to go to a rave with you. I want to go,” she explained. I nodded, still slightly confused.
When she wasn’t looking, I checked her out.

There wasn’t much to see. Anything that could possibly even be there, the uniform covered it up. But despite the fact that her chest was as nonexistent as Area 51, she was still beautiful. Her pale skin was bright and clean, her hair pulled back in two high pigtails. A lime green sock with the face of a frog was stretched out over her cast, and she was adept with her crutches now. She no longer hobbled.

“Ok,” I said, struggling to understand. I was so disoriented. “I’ll come get you at 12:30.”

“What do I wear?” she asked, her eyes shining. I fought the urge to grin.

“Jeans. It’s not like it’s a formal party or anything,” I said. I turned to get some book out of my locker. If I had turned a little quicker, I might’ve missed the look on her face. As it was, it was gone within a few seconds.

“Sure,” she said. “Right. Jeans.”

“You don’t have any do you?” I asked with a smirk.

“Look,” she said, and her voice became very matter-of-fact. “I can speak Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, and Japanese, I can use a pair of chopsticks flawlessly, I have the Queen of England on speed dial, and I’ve been more places than most people three times my age. When you’re busy crossing that type of stuff off of your to-do list, ‘owning a pair of jeans’ doesn’t really rank that high.”

I leaned against the locker and raised an eyebrow. She sighed.

“Ok, so my mother thinks they’re vulgar. I’m sure she’s not the only one.”

“Do your parents know that today is a half day?” I asked.

“Not yet. I didn’t see them this morning so I didn’t get the chance to tell them.”

“Don’t. We’ll go to the mall and get you some jeans instead,” I said. She wrinkled her nose.

“Even if that wasn’t the most dishonest thing I’ve ever heard of in my life, I don’t have any money. My parents don’t usually trust me with that type of thing.”

“Did I ask you for any?” I asked, slamming my locker closed, and locking it.

“No, but-”

“No buts. When you’re with me, I got you covered, babe,” I said with a smile.

“Don’t call me ‘babe’,” she shot back.

“Yea, I figured you’d catch that,” I said, as I looked at her. “And by the way, I’m not some gambling hick from Los Vegas. I’ve been around the block a few times myself. I speak French, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese, I can describe in almost perfect detail what the colors mean in just about any country flag, I’ve seen the great pyramids of Egypt, had real sushi from a sushi stand in Tokyo, and shopped in Madrid. And the Princess of Wales, so owes me. So the next time you try to play the ‘I’ve been everywhere and done everything card’ you just keep that in mind.”

The bell rang, and I knew for a fact that her class was halfway across the school. Even if she started sprinting right now, it would be hard to say whether she’d make it on time. Her face was panicked. I smirked.

“Aren’t you late for something, freshman?”

She shot me a look and zoomed down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'll describe each clue. That way it's not too hard. The last one: Make a cute banner for your one shot. Nothing huge. Next clue- The Soup Is On The Spoon.