Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! I like saying that. I got up and stretched. I covered my mouth as I let out a big yawn. I threw the covers aside and raced to the bathroom just as Havel was going to go in.

“Let me in!” Havel banged on the door.

“No! I got inside first.” I said.

“Why do you make my life a living hell?!” Havel growled and stomped away.

I ignored her attitude and did my business. I brushed my teeth and cleansed my face. I was out of the bathroom in less than five minutes. Havel had a towel in her arm as she went to the bathroom and ignored me. I didn’t care. I went to my room and noticed I had a text message. It was from Sterling.

He had some family stuff to do and wouldn’t be able to come over. I’ve met his parents and they seemed to like me but ever since I’ve met them I haven’t done so again. At first I thought Sterling was ashamed of me because I was an orphan and had no money like Cruella but he told me it’s because his parents were always doing all kinds of events and attending charity events.

I knew that was true. I called up Lora but she was doing something with Antonio. She said I could join them but the last thing I wanted was to be a third wheel. Lora passed me to Luke and his schedule was clear so we planned to go to the movies together.

After agreeing at what time he was going to pick me up I took a shower, by now Havel was done, and then I started to look for something to wear. I found my ripped black skinny jeans that cost me a fortunate but it was worth it. I got a tank top and a plaid shirt. I put my converse on and then straighten my hair. I apply eyeliner and I was ready. It only took me an hour and a half to get ready.

Luke honked and I told my aunt and uncle I was going out with Luke. Luke was in the driver’s sear bobbing his head. I sat in the front and he looked at me and smiled.

“You look pretty.” He said.

“Thanks.” I flashed a smile. “You look really good in that shirt.”

He smiled back at me. “You gave it to me, remember?”

It clicked inside of my head. “For your birthday! Right, I have great taste.” I joked and even Luke that wasn’t true.

We made our way to the theaters.

“What do you want to see?” He asked as we got closer to the theaters.

“I don’t know. How about 2012? Heard it’s good.” I said in a sing song voice.

“Sounds great. I want to see it too. How come Sterling couldn’t come?”

“Family stuff.” I muttered.

“He’s been busy?”

“His family, I guess. I don’t mind.” I said.

“You don’t think he’s…” He left the question in the air and I looked over to him and shook my head as he glanced at me.

“Sterling would never cheat on me.” I said firmly because I believed it.

“How do you know?” He said.

“Because I keep him very happy.” I said insinuating something and he caught it and flinched.

“Oh, all right.” He said.

We got to the theater and he parked his car. We got out and got in line. I put my phone on vibrate. So did Luke. Luke and I reached the window.

“Two for 2012.” I said taking out a twenty but Luke beat me to it and paid for the tickets.

“You two make a very cute couple.” The lady behind the window said.

My eyes widen and I looked to Luke and he was blushing.

“We’re not together.” We said at the same time.

“Best friends.” I said.

“Just friends.” Luke said.

The lady behind the counter look embarrassed. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right.” I said with a meek smile and took the tickets.

I laughed a little when we got inside of the theaters.

“I can’t believe she thought we were together.”

Luke laughed too but it seemed forced. “Right. Let’s go? It’s about to start in ten minutes.”

I nodded and followed him. They checked for our tickets and we found some seats. I told him I was going to get some goodies. He just nodded. Was he mad at me? What did I do? A little mad that Luke was mad about something that I didn’t do I went to get some Red Vines and nachos.

I went back to the theater. I sat down next to Luke. There was some advertising still going on so I decided to ask him.

“Why are you mad?” I asked him.

“What are you talking about?” He mumbled as he took one of my chips and dipped in the nachos and ate it.

“You gave me attitude earlier.” I hissed at him for denying it.

“It’s nothing.” He said.

“It is because you were all moody.” I said. “Luke, please talk to me.” The lights were dimming down.

He turned to me with a hurt look. “Would it be that funny if we were dating?”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?”

“You laughed when the lady said we were together. Why would it be so funny?”

“Sh!” Other people said.

I opened my mouth to answer him but he turned around and faced the screen. I turned too. Stunned about his reaction to something as simple as someone mistaken us for a couple. Well, before Sterling there was something going on between Luke and I. We always felt connected and it was more than friendship but I was blinded by the love of Sterling and I forgot about what I had with Luke.

I guess I kind of hurt him. No, I did hurt him. Now I felt guilty.

I watched the movie with a lump on my throat. Las thing I wanted was to re-create feelings for Luke while I was still struggling with two boys.

The movie got more and more intense.

I didn’t want to think about the world ending like that. I didn’t believe in that. But I thought it was the Aztec calendar that predicted the end not the Mayan, maybe I’m wrong. I started to ear my Red Vines.

The scene where the Indian family was about to die because of a tsunami made me almost cry. Man, I’m such a sissy. I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced the tears down. I loved the speech made by the guy towards the end. It was very true.

After the movie Luke and I walked out but I had a plan. I took his hand and sneaked into another theater.

“What are you doing? We can’t--”

“Yes, we can. Now just sit down.” I ordered.

Luke struggled for a bit but eventually followed me inside of the theater. I had no idea which one it was. I looked at the screen. Some girl just cut her finger and then there was a slow motion thing of some blonde guy running after her and another guy pushed the girl hard against the wall.

I looked around the dark room. A bunch of girls with ‘New Moon’ shirts.

“Aw, shit. It’s Twilight… thing.” I muttered lowly. “Let’s go.” I said getting up but Luke pulled me down.

“We’re staying.” He said with a smirk.

“But it’s lame vampires.” I whined like a little kid.

“I want to see it.”

I narrowed my eyes. “You’re doing this because you know I don’t like these kinds of vampires.”

He smirks. “Yes, I am, now sit down.”

I huffed and sat down and crossed my arms. I was bored up until the guy came in with great abs.

“Yummy.” I whispered to Luke who shook his head. “What? Dude has a nice bod.”

Girls in the theater squealed and giggled crazy over the guy. When the movie was over I was intrigued because of the werewolves.

“Ending suuuuuuucked.” I whined as we walked out.

“Eh, I don’t really care.” Luke said.

“I don’t think it would be funny if we were going out.” I blurted when we were outside of his car and about to get it. He looked over to me.

I tapped the top of the car with my fingers.

“I think it would be nice.” I said meeting his brown eyes.

“I didn’t meant to bring old memories back.”

“Why didn’t you ever make a move?” I asked.

He sighed and threw his head back. “I beat myself up every day for not doing it. The reason it was because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. I didn’t want to make it awkward.”

“I would’ve said yes.” I muttered and he looked at me with wide eyes.

“I’m a dumb ass, I know.” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eddy's Outfit