Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

No Trust No Friendship

Luke, Lora and I had Dance together. Oh guess what? Antonio does too! Wow, never saw that coming! That was sarcasm I’m sure you noticed it.

Lora and I changed into our spandex and whatnot. We started with our usual stretching.

“So, I think we should wake up around eight so we can get at Six Flags before it gets full,” Lora said.

“We should leave at seven if we don’t want to make lines,” I said.

“Great, fine. But we’re staying the entire day!” She pointed at me.

I gave her a shocked look, “What? I was tired!”

Luke and Lora laugh.

I glared at them. Antonio walked up to us. I smirked.

“What?” He asked.

“Why do you have dance? I thought a guy like you would have regular PE.”

He shrugs, “It’s in my schedule.”

“Do you even know how to dance?” I raised an eyebrow and gave a mocking smile.

“Does the Hokey Pokey count?”

I laughed. He was funny.

“Class!” The instructor clapped her hands and got everyone to quiet down. “We have a new student, Antonio Wessington. He doesn’t have a partner so Lora--” Lora’s eyes went wide. “Since Jimmy is not coming back you can show him what we’ve been working on.”

My partner was Luke. He and I were fair dancers. We were both contemporary dancers. My twin and I had taken ballet classes when we were little and after the accident I started to dance again and Luke was very good at it too.

For the hour Luke and I practiced all kinds of movements and tricks. It involved me jumping into his arms and being really close to him. I was comfortable with him and he was comfortable with me.

We almost had our dance down. We only needed to figure out how to end it and what we would wear for the test.

Lora and Antonio were excused for the test since they would only have two days to come up with a dance from scratch, and that would never happen.

When class was over there was only one class left. I had psychology.

By the end of school I was pretty much exhausted. I asked Luke to give me a ride to my Aunt’s shop. When I got there my aunt was attending a couple. I knew they were because of the obvious closeness and they were getting married because I saw the engagement ring.

It was nice to see wedding couples walk in the shop and have them looking at them. I helped by telling each customer what each flower meant. Most wanted white roses, but I told them that flower meant someone without love.

Most picked roses, lilies or red tulips. Red tulips are my favorite flowers. They meant the perfect lover.

“Edalene,” My Aunt called me from the greenhouse.

I walked to the front of the shop and found Antonio in the delivery uniform he had to wear white shirt and pants. The shirt had the shop’s name embroidered on the front. The shirt really brought out his pecs and biceps.

I gave him a side smile, “Are you stalking me?” I teased.

He flashed me that sincere smile of his, “Why wouldn’t I?” He said.

I chuckled, “You’re the delivery guy… I should’ve known.”

“You’re disappointed?” He questioned.

I shook my head, “Of course not.”

“Okay, you have deliveries to do and you--” My aunt pointed at me. “Have singing grams for two girls from their boyfriends,” She handed me the songs.

“Oh god…Really? Jonas Brothers? How old are these girls? Twelve?” I scoffed.

Antonio laughed.

“Hey, they paid for this and you’re singing Jonas Brothers if that’s what they want.”

“Great,” I rolled my eyes. “Let’s go Antonio, before I do something I regret like burn the music sheets.”

He followed me to the back and to the back alley of the store where the van was. I took the keys from the counter and handed him the keys. We got inside and the flowers were already in.

“Okay first one…” I said.

He didn’t know where he was going so I had to tell him each street and where to turn until we made it the first house. This was the first singing gram.

I rang the door bell and a girl around my age opened the door. Antonio handed her the flowers while I cleared my throat.

“When you look me in the eyes…” I started to sing and the girl and her friends were all ‘aw’ and ‘that’s so romantic’

I thought it was kind of cheesy but to each its own. The next two houses were regular flowers.

While driving to each house Antonio and I talked more and more. The second singing gram was another Jonas Brothers song called ‘Love Bug’. I’m not putting the details because I’ve suppressed that memory.

At the end of the deliveries we went back to the flower shop. Antonio stayed at the front while I was at the greenhouse making sure the flowers were properly groomed. I walked around with clippers in hand to take out anything unnecessary.

When I made a small left I bumped into Antonio.

I was a little surprised to see him.

“Scared the hell out of me!” I punched his arm and he laughs.

“I was bored at the front and I came to see your work,” he gestured around.

I looked around, “You want to know about flowers?”

“Not really. I just came to bug you,” he admitted.

I rolled my eyes.

“So Eddie,” He emphasized my name.

“Yes, Antonio?” I used the same tone as he did.

“You have a boyfriend?” He followed me as I continued to walk around.

“Yes, nine months,” I grinned proudly.

“Wow, that’s gonna be hard.”

“What is?” I asked.

“Well, winning your heart.”

I laughed.

“Nine months means it’s serious,” he rubbed his chin.

“Why would you want to win me? You barely know me.”

“Actually from the observations I’ve made I think I know you better than you know yourself.”

I stopped and he almost bumped into me. I put a hand on my hip and I leaned to the side.

“What have you concluded about me?”

“You’re sad… all of the time.” He concluded.

I chuckled. “Errr!”

“You pretend to be all right and have fun and all that but there are times when your face just drops and sadness takes over you,” He looked down at me. He was rather close. “Tell me what brings such sadness?”

“You got all of that by just staring at me?”

“You’ve noticed.”

“The whole school did and you shouldn’t because I have a boyfriend.”

“I don’t like your boyfriend,” he pouted and I chuckled.

“You don’t even know him.”

“Yeah but he has you, so I don’t like him,” he said putting space between us. “Now stop avoiding the subject and tell me what brings sadness to such beautiful green eyes.”

I blushed a little but rolled my eyes.

I looked down unsure if I should trust him but he didn’t seem like the type that would do anything bad… well to hurt someone emotionally.

“I was in an accident when I was thirteen,” I looked at the red tulips. “My twin sister and father died instantly.”

I looked at him and he had an understanding look. He prompted me to continue with his eyes.

“My mother died a few days later and now I‘m an orphan and I live with my aunt and uncle,” I finished but I left out some major parts. “That’s my story.”

“Lora told me.”

I became a little angry.

“Don’t be mad at her, I kind of gave her this puppy look--” He was doing it. “And since she couldn’t resist it she told me about the accident.”

“Then, why did you ask me?”

“To see if you trusted me. There’s no relationship of any kind--even friendship--if there isn’t trust and you trust me which means we’re friends… for now.”

I scoffed and continued to walk around with the clippers.

“And it’s going to stay that way.” I said not knowing if he was following me or not.

Suddenly he was in front of me with his face close to mine. I could see the clarity of his blue eyes. They were hypnotizing.

“Are you sure?” He licked his perfect lips bringing his face closer to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe