Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

You're Late for Tea!

Jean asked me a bunch of questions about getting your period. I explained as much as I could and told her some of my embarrassing stories of getting my period in the middle of the school and having to go to the nurse while a cute boy is there and having to ask for a tampon. She laughed at me for that, but I told her karma was a bitch.

We went back to her home and she went to the living room and hugged Antonio tightly around the neck.

“I’m so glad you found Eddy, she’s so awesome,” Jean said and the headed to her room.

I was left standing there with a small smile while Antonio had a look of relief.

“I can’t believe I had the T.O.M (time of the month) talk with my sister, thanks Eddy for finishing it and explaining it better,” Antonio said and stood up and hugged me. I returned the friendly hug.

“No, problem, Antonio. I’m glad I helped, we should go to work. The cotillion is approaching fast and my aunt told there some singing grams,” I said with a face and Antonio laughed and we walked out of his house.

The week went by pretty normal. The weekend came around and I asked Sterling what he wanted to do, but he said he was going to his monthly trip with his family, so he wouldn’t be back until Tuesday.

On Saturday morning, I woke up early to go to the hotel where the cotillion was going to be at. My aunt Grace had hot chocolate made because it was a very chilly morning. The ride was pretty silent since we were both sleepy. I didn’t even turned on the radio. We arrived at the hotel and we walked inside of the place and saw Mrs. Bulrush at a table with several people around her.

They all looked really… rich. My aunt and I stood at the side as Ms. T went to inform that we were there. Mrs. Bulrush looked at me and she smiled and she excused herself from the table. She walked over to us and asked to sit down and wait while she finished her meeting. It was the Cotillion Committee.

My aunt and I sat down together.

“How are things with Sterling?” My aunt asked me as we waited.

I looked up at her and smiled. “Fine, we’re good.”

“No more doubt?” she asked.

I shook my head, no. “No, there’s no doubt.”

She smiled. “Good, because, remember, Antonio is a player and you don’t need that.”

I did forget she told me that once. She told me he was womanizer and that he got kicked out of his last school because he was caught having sex, but I knew that wasn’t true. Still, it didn’t change that Antonio could possibly be a player. No boy that cute could be single for very long or not have a girl at his arm.

The meeting went on for only a few more minutes and soon it was over. They didn’t get up. Instead, they started talking among themselves and when they laughed it was like turkeys laughing. I had to stifle a laugh because it would be rude.

Mrs. Bulrush finally had the final sketch for the flower decoration. She told me I would have to miss school on Thursday and Friday. Everything had to be done by Saturday in the afternoon because practice for the teenagers would be at one and the Cotillion was at seven.

I put everything in my phone to remember.

We were out of there in less than an hour. On the drive back I told my aunt I was going to the movies with Luke. She said to be back before midnight.

I changed when I got home.

We were going to see Alice in Wonderland. Luke honked when he was outside. I unhooked my phone from charging and I quickly got my I-Pod and turned off the computer. I grabbed some money from my stash. I needed to open a back account.

I said goodbye to my aunt and uncle. I had a bright big smile the diminished when I saw Lora waving at me and Antonio next to her. My smile got smaller. I walked over to the car and got inside the passenger seat.

“What’s up?” I said as I closed the door and Luke drove off. He didn’t look too happy either.

“Why didn’t you tell me you and Luke were going to see Alice in Wonderland? I’ve been waiting for that movie,” Lora asked with a hurt tone, but then she recovered and smiled. “I convinced Luke to let us tag along.”

“More like blackmailed,” Luke muttered and I chuckled.

“It’s all right, and we didn’t tell you because every time I mentioned that it was coming you kept complaining how the red queen gave you the creeps because of the big head,” I narrowed my eyes at her. She knew I was right. Which made me wonder why she wanted to come.

I turned on the radio and Kings of Leon ‘Sex on Fire’ came on.

I started to sing it and Antonio joined me. I think to the passing cars we must’ve looked like idiots. I wouldn’t blame them. I would think we were idiots too. Some of the words I didn’t know so I just mumbled what I heard. Antonio seemed to know the correct words and he would smirk whenever I messed up.

When it was over one of my favorite songs came on.

I squealed in happiness because it rarely went on anymore ‘Animal I have Become’ by Three Days Grace.

“I can’t escape this hell. So many times I’ve tried, but I’m still caged inside. Somebody get me through this nightmare, I can’t control myself! So what if you can see the darkest side of me? No one will ever change this animal I have become. Help me believe it’s not the real, somebody help me tame this animal!” I sang along by myself.

Luke joined me on this song. He bobbed his head and sang along with me. I smiled as we sang along.

We got the mall, which is where the theater was, around two in the afternoon. Luke found parking and we all got out. Lora and Antonio went ahead to save us a spot to get the tickets because there was a long line.

“So, what did Lora blackmail you with?” I asked as Luke and I walked together.

His cheeks blushed. “Just shit,” he said. “I was really looking forward to just being us.”

“Me too,” I sighed.

Lora and Antonio wanted to see it in 3-D, but I hated wearing those glasses. So we went in different ways. Antonio and Lora got tickets to see it in 3-D and Luke and I chose to stay old fashioned.

Antonio and Lora’s was first so they went inside before Luke and I. We waited in the lobby for our theater to be ready.

“I hate wearing those things. It doesn’t work on me for some reason,” I muttered.

Luke smiled. “You’re weird.”

“You’re weird-er,” I said and he laughed at my lame comeback. “I’m losing my touch, damn it.”

“How long is Sterling going to be away?” Luke asked.

“Until Tuesday,” I answered without thinking. “Why?” I looked at him suspiciously.

He just shrugged. “No reason.”

“Right, and my favorite color is pink, spill it!” I said as I shoved his shoulder with mine playfully.

“You’re not going to like it, but here goes,” he said as he looked at me. “It means more time with you.”

He was right. I wasn’t going to like it. Okay, I liked it maybe a little. I hid my smile, but my blush gave me away.

We were able to go in to the theater fifteen minutes before it was going to start. We went to the snack bar and ordered popcorn, one large soda, a cinnamon pretzel, and red vines. The pretzel was for him and the red vines were for me. We walked inside the dim lit theater and took a seat somewhere in the middle.

“Who is your favorite?” Luke asked me as he threw a popcorn in my mouth.

I laughed when it didn’t go in.

“The Mad Hatter,” I smiled.

“Mine is the Cheshire Cat,” Luke said as he opened his mouth and I aimed the popcorn in his mouth. I threw it and he caught it. He smiled as he chewed and I narrowed my eyes.

“I like the car… but… he’s kind of creepy. Stalker kind of creepy,” I muttered.

“Aw,” a voice said from behind us. We looked and saw an elder couple. “You guys are so cute. You remind us when we were younger.” The elder woman said.

I chuckled. “Thank you, ma’am, but… we’re-we’re not together,” I stammered and I was glad the lights were low and no one could see my blushing cheeks.

“What a waste,” the elder man said. “this boy is love with you, lady. It’s all in the eyes.”

And thank you elderly man for ruining the movie! The movie started, well the previews, and it made the whole thing awkward. I was more myself with Luke than with Antonio or Sterling. Luke… I could trust with my life.

Luke… was the obvious choice, but he was still only my best guy friend.

The movie was cool. Uh, I didn’t like Alice complaining through out the movie, but I liked the action. It was pretty good. At the end of the movie Luke and I walked out and he cleared his throat and took my arm gently and walked over to an area where not many people were passing by.

“I can tell what the elder couple said made you uneasy,” Luke said and with his brown eyes he looked so cute. “I just want you to know that… I’m not pressuring you. I’m always going to be there for you. No matter what or whom you’re with.”

I smiled. “Thanks. Do you think the others are out?”

“Text Antonio,” Luke suggested and I did just that. I took out my phone and flipped it and started texting Antonio, but then I saw them at the arcade. They were at the shooting the zombies game and he was behind Lora ‘teaching’ her to fire a gun. Lora knew how to handle a gun because one of her uncles took her hunting and even though she thought it was wrong, it was obvious she was a good shooter.

Luke and I walked over to them.

“Let’s go to the mall,” I said and Antonio looked at me and he moved away from Lora like he had been caught cheating.

“Yay! I can get my dress for the dance!” Lora said.

I looked at Antonio, it seemed she already told him about the dance and didn’t like it. Lora grabbed my arm and we walked out of the theater and into the mall.

Two hours later she was still deciding on which one to buy.

“How about you wait a couple of weeks? Since it’s weeks away,” I suggested. “You don’t have to choose now.”

“They’re not going to be here in a couple of weeks, Eddy,” Lora said in a scoff as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Well then… I’ll choose,” I said. “Blue.”

“Good, that’s what I was thinking,” Lora said and we made our way to the cashier.

I looked over to Antonio. He looked bored out of his mind. Luke had gone to Borders. Lora was in front of us looking happy as a clam. Antonio leaned in and said.

“I was going to rip the skin off of my face,” he said and I snickered and smacked his chest.

Lora was a sweetheart, but shopping with her was absolute torture. She paid for her dress and we went to Borders. Luke was in the non-fiction section. Lora was at the magazines and I was roaming around and I stopped at sex section.

No one was around. I picked up the first book I saw which was a really big one. I opened to the middle of it and almost gasped at the perfect drawing of a vagina. I closed the book again and placed it back and I grabbed another one, a smaller one, and it was about different sex positions.

I was impressed by some of them.

“I didn’t peg you for the kinky kind,” Antonio whispered in my ear and I jumped and when I recovered I glared at him.

“Jerk-butt!”

He laughed. “Why are you reading these?” He took the book from me and smirked. “Are you and Sterling having sexual problems?”

I scoffed. “Hell no,” I smirked and his smirked dropped and suddenly I felt bad. “We’re good. Are you and… Lora…?”

“We haven’t done anything,” he muttered as he flipped through the pages. I scoffed and apparently that offended him. “You don’t believe me?” He raised an eyebrow.

“It’s just kind of hard to believe,” I said and tried to make up for sounding so… judgmental.

He searched my face and I could see he was really hurt that I didn’t believe him so fast. Seriously, why would I believe him? If we were together… we’d never get out of bed. The thought made my face flush and I looked away from his gaze. His hypnotizing stare.

Lora interrupted us gushing about the what Prom dress she wanted.

“Prom is like… ages away,” I said.

“It’s never too late, Eddy!” Lora said. “And it’s only four months and three weeks away!”

“That is… horrible,” I muttered. “I don’t even want to go to this Sadie Hawkins… dance.”

We went to Hot Topic and Luke bought me a Mad Hatter… hat! I was so thrilled. I bought him a Cheshire Cat necklace. We stayed at the mall until it closed.

Luke dropped me off at my house and I was exhausted.

Three more weeks passed by fast and before I knew it the cotillion was only one week away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eddy's Outfit

Banner by farishtaqad