Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Just Spoiled

I pushed him away, “Antonio, seriously, I have a boyfriend.”

He sighed as I walked around him.

“But I really like you.”

I scoffed, “You’ve barely known me a day, not even an entire day.” I turned to walk away.

He took my hand and spun me to face him, “But you know what they say about love at first sight and when I saw you in Anatomy drawing a Space Monkey I just fell head over heels for you.”

By then I was getting scared. He was saying he fell for me and I had a minor, tiny crush on him. Sure, he had a great sculptured face and amazing eyes but he was just a minor, tiny crush.

The back of his hand caressed my cheek as we looked into each other’s eyes.

“You have beautiful green eyes, Eddie,” He whispered. “I can make you happy. I’ll ne--”

“Ahem!” A voice said and it made me jump away from Antonio, I didn’t realize we had been so close. My aunt Grace was standing there giving me a look. “There are costumers and I need your help.” She told me.

I cleared my throat and followed my aunt. My heart was beating crazy, but I think it was because of the way my aunt Grace had found us. I smiled for the customers and helped them.

Helping customers helped me get my mind off of Antonio and how I almost kissed him and how I almost cheated on Sterling. I cursed at myself internally for almost doing so.

A small and deep, deep side of me wanted to kiss him but just a little, I promise! When it was time to close the shop Antonio was already gone and my aunt and I left to the house. The drive was only ten minutes.

I turned on the radio hoping she would get the memo I didn’t want to talk about what she had seen but she lowered the volume and cleared her throat.

“About what I saw…” She started but I knew she thought it was awkward. “I know as a teenager it’s hard to set your emotions straight--”

“Aunt Grace, I don’t like the guy… he was the one who got really close.” I argued.

“Does he like you?”

“He says so, but I bet he’s just messing around.” I chuckled a bit.

“Honey, you do not want to make a love triangle, it’ll hurt you and Sterling.” She said as she glanced at me.

“I know and I’m not doing anything bad, trust me. I’m fine.” I convinced her but not myself.

I got home and Havel was arguing with her dad, Valentino.

“But why can’t I have a car?!” Havel screeched.

“Because you crashed the last one we gave you!”

“It was a total accident dad!” She yelled back.

“You were putting on make up, Havel and that was irresponsible and childish!” He argued back.

She let’s out a pinching scream and stomps her foot. She wanted to make a dramatic exit.

“Way to go, showing how mature you are by reacting like a spoiled nine year old.” I snorted and she glared at me.

“At least I’m not a fucking orphan!” She spat.

“Havel!” Aunt Grace said at once and though I didn’t show it on the surface it stung every single time she said that.

Cruella used it against me for years and it didn’t matter because her opinion was bullshit to me. But Havel was my cousin and before she had become all evil we used to be friends, we used to be family so coming from her did hurt a little.

“Go to your room!” Valentino roared to Havel.

“What is up with that girl?” Aunt Grace said. “I’m so sorry, Edalene.”

“It’s all right, Aunt Grace. She doesn’t know what she has… both of her parents.” I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back.

“Aw, sweetie.” She rubbed my back.

I pulled from the hug and waved at Valentino, I didn’t call him Uncle because well… I’ve never really talked to him even when my parents were alive my twin Coraline was the one who talked with him. I always leaned towards my Aunt Grace.

I jogged upstairs and put my bag on the floor. As soon as I hit the bed I went to sleep. It was supposed to be a nap before dinner but it turned into a three hour sleep.

My ring tone was what woke me up. I searched the bag for it because I would just stuff it in there. I smiled when I saw the caller ID.

“Hello.” I said with a British accent.

“Hello to you too.” Sterling said.

“I can’t believe how much I freaking miss you.” I whined.

He chuckled. “You were sleeping, sorry if I woke you.”

“No, it’s okay. Dinner is in half an hour and I should go downstairs but I have time to kill.” I smiled. “How was your day?”

“Absolutely lonely without you.” He said and I chuckled. “It’s true, there isn’t a second I don’t miss you. To see your green eyes and that goofy smile you give me.”

“Aw, that was so sweet… and corny… but I loved it.” I laughed.

“I can’t wait for Monday to kiss you and hug you.” He said.

“I can’t wait either.”

“Edalene! Dinner!” I heard my Aunt Grace called.

“Well, I gotta go. I have been summoned for dinner.” I said.

“Well, I’ll let you be, Mi lady.” He said with a British Accent.

“You’re so sexy with an accent.” I giggled.

I hung up after we said good bye. Feeling a little revived from the good nap I went downstairs and found Havel’s spot empty.

“Is the Queen of Drama not going to grace us with her presence?” I joked as I took my seat and Aunt Grace set the plate of spaghetti in front of me.

“Apparently she’s on a hunger strike until we get her a new car.” Valentino said. “That kid is spoiled.” He pointed his fork at my Aunt Grace.

“Don’t look at me,” She said. “You were the one who never said no when she was little.”

I smiled.

“I didn’t want to get her that car so soon but no, you thought she could handle it.” Aunt Grace said.

“Aunt Grace, Valentino, don’t worry she probably has food under her bed.” I said. He always seemed surprised when I said his first name. “She’s weak, trust me she’ll sneak down at night and eat the leftovers.”

Valentino nodded. The three of us had a peaceful dinner. Aunt Grace asked me about dance class, I told her Luke and I were almost done with ours. She gave me some pointers since she too was a dancer when she was my age. I was surprised when she first told me but then I knew she was telling the truth.

After dinner I did the dishes. I helped as much as I could around the house because they took me in. I was happy here. Valentino walked in the kitchen and there was an awkward silence between us.

I shifted my weight from side to side uncomfortably. It shouldn’t have been because he was my uncle. He lost his sister and I lost my mother, we should’ve supported each other but he seemed to close himself up.

“School’s good?” He asked as he drank from his beer.

“Uh, yeah… it’s good.” I said.

“About what Havel said--”

“Don’t worry, Valentino, she’s just spoiled.” I smiled for him.

He shook his head. “It’s no excuse for what she said to you.” He seemed to have trouble with his next words. “You’re not what she said you were… you have us.”

That was the most comforting thing he’s ever told me. It touched my heart deeply.

“Thanks… Uncle Val.” I even used a nickname for him.

He smiled. A smile I hadn’t seen in forever. There was that weird part where you don’t know where to go now.

“Well… good night.” He said and walked out of the kitchen.

I finished the rest of the dishes and went back to my room. I went to my computer and checked my e-mail account. Seeing that I only had updates from A House of Night novel, yes I do read the books, I got out of the internet and went to I-tunes and bought some songs I’ve wanted for a long time.

I have my own bank account since I work with my Aunt I get paid and well I get to buy my own things which feels good. After that I did some homework and went to sleep.

Antonio filled my dreams.