Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Leaving

I pulled away from the kiss and stared shocked at Luke. Never had I seen this side of him. I didn’t know what exactly what to think, this was the guy I considered my best guy friend. He and I shared a lot of memories, and he knew me better than I knew myself. He knew my flaws, and I could trust him with my life, but did I love him? Did I like him like he seemed to like me?

That… I had no idea.

“Give me a chance to show you I can make you happy,” he whispered and pecked my lips. “I know I can make you happy because I’d worship you even more.”

“Luke, I--”

“Think about it, Antonio and Sterling are not your only options,” he gave me another long, deep kiss, and left me dumbfounded in the storage closet.

I looked at the door very confused and hurt.

“Well shit,” I groaned.

I walked inside of the flower shop feeling a bit weird. Antonio had to get here early because of some special deliveries, so I had to walk to the shop. My aunt was attending a person with an order.

I took the clippers and went to the back of the store and started to clip the dead leaves.

I started to make a good and bad list of each boy inside of my head.

Bad:

Sterling-- liar, his mother doesn’t like me

Antonio-- possible man-whore

Luke-- my best friend

Good:

Sterling-- his dad is cool with me, sweet, caring, love him, and good kisser

Antonio-- eyes, smile, laugh, funny, charming, his family accepts me and aaaaaaamazing kisser

Luke-- his family is like my second one, knows me better than the other two, has always been there for me, sweet, and kind.

Well… that didn’t help me at all. They have more good than bad, and neither of them have the upper hand.

“Edalene?” I heard my Aunt call me from the front.

I walked back and saw someone that looked familiar. He was an elder man, maybe fifties, and he wore clothing of a butler.

“Are you Miss Edalene Torch?” the man asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“From Mr. Sterling,” he extended his hand with a white envelop in his hand.

I took the envelop from him. He quickly left the store. I looked to my Aunt.

“I’ll be in the back in case you need me,” she patted my shoulder and left to the back of the store.

I sat on the stool behind the register and ripped open the letter. I unfolded it and began to read it.

Eddy,

I know I’m a coward for sending a letter instead of doing it face to face, but I know I will break down if I do this face to face. I’m leaving. I can’t stand the thought of seeing you everyday without being with you. You’ve made it clear you want nothing to do with me anymore. I don’t want to cause any more pain. I do love you, more than you’ll ever know.

Love you,
Sterling


I read the letter twice, as if I would find some sort of secret for something, but there wasn’t anything hidden. Sterling was gone.

No wonder he didn’t go to school.

I barely registered the sound of someone calling my name.

“Eddy,” Antonio’s face came into view. He snapped his fingers in front of my face and I blinked. “What’s wrong? You look pale… er.”

I glared at him a bit. “Nothing,” I muttered and folded the letter, but then he snatched it away. “HEY! It’s none of your business,” I snatched it back.

“It’s from Sterling, what did that bastard want? And since when does anyone write letters? Doesn’t he fucking have an e-mail?”

I liked that he wrote a letter instead of an e-mail. A letter seemed more personal.

“Shut up,” I said.

“Why are you crying?”

I wiped away the tears I didn’t know I had falling.

“Nothing.”

“What did it say?” he asked.

“He left,” I answered whilst looking down.

“Left?”

“He… he’s gone. He’s not coming to school anymore.”

He didn’t cheer like I thought he would do. I met his gaze. There was sorrow in them.

“You’re not going to jump for joy?” I asked bitterly.

“Why would I? You loved him, Eddy, and I know you still have feelings. I might be happy on the inside, but I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“Thanks,” I smiled as best I could. “This is just an exhausting day.”

“What else happened?”

I shrugged. “Nothing.”

“I know you mean something because you won’t look at me,” he said and I looked at him and glared playfully.

“Luke kissed me.”

His eyes widened in surprise, and then he looked like he was having trouble forming words.

“Y-yeah?”

I nodded.

“No wonder you’re a mess,” he joked.

“What am I going to do?”

“What do you mean?”

“Sterling is gone, Luke is in love with me, Lora still hates me, and--”

“You have me.”

I gave him a warm smile.

“Now,” he said and cleared his throat, “do you like Luke the same way he likes you?”

“I don’t think we should be having this--”

“Don’t worry about me,” he said seriously. “I’m your friend, right now. Now, do you like Luke?”

I stared at him for a while to assure that it was okay for me to talk about it. When his eyes didn’t change, I talked.

“I don’t know… maybe…”

“Elaborate.”

I exhaled a bit angry. “I don’t know, Antonio! Luke has been in my life since I was little, but I never seen him more than a friend until now! It’s a little confusing because I thought I was going to be with Sterling for a long time!”

My outburst didn’t surprise Antonio, he was calm.

“It’s understandable, but is there the possibility that you might love Luke?”

“I--don’t know…” I finally said.

“You have time, and you’re young,” he grinned.

“How are you okay with this?” I asked him.

“If I can’t be your boyfriend, then I’d still want to be your friend, at least.”

“Thanks, Antonio.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I now have someone (Bianca :D) whom will remind me when a week has passed since I update because I didn’t realize how long it had passed, hehehe.