Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Last Kiss

The dance came along too soon, and I was going with Antonio. Apparently, Luke had been asked to the dance already, so that was good. I didn’t know about Lora, but I hoped she would be there, so I could explain things to her. I hated fighting for so long.

Havel and I were on peaceful terms, we weren’t ready to do each other’s nails and hair, but we were on better terms than before.

“Oh, you look great, Eddy,” My aunt complimented me as she walked into my room with a camera and blinded me with the flash.

“Uh, thanks.”

“Antonio is downstairs, and let me tell you something, if I was seventeen years younger, I hit that,” she winked at me.

I laughed. “Gross, but very true if I was in your position.”

“Is it official?” she asked.

“What is?”

“You and Antonio,” she bumped her hip with mine.

“No, it’s not official, but these past few days have been… great,” I smiled like a fool.

“You two make a very cute couple,” she pecked my cheek. “And the dress his mom made you is so beautiful.”

“Isn’t it?” I grinned and looked at the mirror.

“It is, now let’s stay up here for five more minutes, it’s best to keep them boys on their toes,” she giggled.

Five minutes later, I was walking down the stairs. Antonio was talking to my uncle.

Antonio stopped talking when I came into view. His eyes twinkled and he gave me MY smile. I felt my heart thump hard inside of my chest. Antonio stood up, he was dressed in a tux, and his hair was combed nicely instead of that unruly way he always had it, which I loved.

“You look… whoa,” he said and laughed nervously.

“You look whoa, too,” I joked.

He dipped down and captured my lips with his. Every nerve on my body came alive. Our lips molded against each other, and it seemed like the perfect match for each other.

My head got dizzy and all worry was thrown out the window.

There was no wrong or right, it was just us.

Until someone cleared their throat. Antonio and I pulled from each other, and it had been my uncle that had been bothered by our kiss.

“Let’s keep it PG, okay?” he patted Antonio’s back and then squeezed his shoulder. “She’s my niece, but more like a daughter to me, so take care of her, all right?”

“Yes, sir,” Antonio said and had a nervous smile.

I looked at my uncle and smiled.

“See you guys later,” I pulled on Antonio’s hand and led him to the door.

Once outside of the house, I stopped Antonio and kissed him again. He was surprised for half a second, but then he kissed me back.

“Does this mean you pick me?” he asked when we stopped.

“Pick you?”

“Well, you and Luke are back on talking terms… I thought you’d go with him.”

“Luke and I… well, I think it’s just friendship,” I admitted. “The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn’t just be more than a friend to him. He’s like my brother, and hopefully, he’ll realize that too.”

“So you’re mine?” he grinned.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes.”

His lips were on me again, but there was more passion than the last two previous kisses.

“Get to the dance you two!” my uncle called out from the front porch.

Antonio and I laughed and stopped the kiss.

“All right!” I called back and went to Antonio’s car.

On our way to the dance, I had to ask him something.

“So, what happened with your dad?” I asked him. He hadn’t said a word since we saw him after school that one day.

“Don’t know, don’t care,” he shrugged.

“I know it isn’t my place, but he’s still your father, Antonio.”

“It’s hard to forgive him, Eddy,” he said, and sounded hurt.

“I bet, I mean, I was lucky to have a good father, but I’d give anything to just have a few minutes with him.”

“Your father was a good man, and mine isn’t and he never was.”

I decided to drop the subject, he was getting agitated.

At the dance, no one was surprised to see us hand in hand. They just whispered ‘I told you they were going out’. We ignored them and we walked around and saw some familiar faces that didn’t care that we were now going out.

I saw Lora talking with some girls, and she was with the Captain of the soccer team.

“I’ll be back,” I whispered to Antonio.

He nodded his head and pecked my cheek.

I took a deep breath and headed to talk to Lora.

Once she saw me coming, she rolled her eyes and tried to walk away, but I jogged the rest of the way and caught her arm.

“We need to talk,” I said and made my tone harsh.

“I have nothing to say to backstabbing bitch like you.”

“Okay! So, I did kiss Antonio when you two were together, but that’s all that happened! We didn’t sleep together, all we did was kiss. It only happened once and the second time it happened, you two weren’t even together. So… get over it. I’m sorry for what I did, and I’ve been a good friend and I’ve given you space, but now you need to get over yourself.”

Lora looked at me in disbelief.

She stayed quiet for several heartbeats.

Her eyes were watery and mine were getting there.

“I really like your hair cut, it’s so cute,” she smiled.

I grinned and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized.

“No need to be sorry because it was my doing, I was the one that kissed your boyfriend.”

“But I always knew Antonio liked you, I was just fooling myself that he could like me, but he never once looked at me like he looks at you,” she sobbed.

I sobbed. “I would rather not have Antonio if it meant losing you. Hoes before bros, remember?” I joked.

She laughed and we pulled from each other. We wiped away our tears with our hands.

“You’re such a dork, Eddy.”

“I know.”

“So you’d rather not be with me if it meant losing Lora?” Antonio questioned when we were dancing to ‘Bad Romance’.

I laughed. “Duh.”

“That hurts.”

“I met her before I met you,” I poked his nose.

“Does this mean there’s a possible threesome?”

I punched his arm.

“No!”

“Ow,” he rubbed his arm. “A simple no would’ve been enough for me.”

“A hell no is better.”

He grabbed my hips and brought me chest to chest to him. “I don’t like to share anyways.”

My breathing got hitched and it became even more shallow when he kissed me. We pulled from each other after a few minutes.

“I love you,” he told me.

I grinned. “Do you?”

“Since I laid my eyes on you.”

“That’s sweet. I love you too.”

“Since when?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Now.”

He laughed and leaned his forehead on mine, I was shorter so he had to lean really down.

“It’s been the most amazing months of my life,” he said and pecked my lips. “It’s all to you.”

“Ahem,” a familiar voice came.

I turned to my right and saw Sterling.

My eyes widened and I stopped dancing with Antonio.

Sterling held a very hurt look on his face. Antonio quickly wrapped his arm around my waist.

“May I speak with you, Edalene, privately?” Sterling said.

I looked around and noticed everyone had stopped dancing and the spotlight was on us. I cleared my throat and nodded. I couldn’t really speak.

“Edalene,” Antonio grabbed me tightly.

I turned to him. “It’s okay, I’ll be back.”

I kissed him in a way that would assure him that I wasn’t going to do anything. I didn’t plan on it.

Sterling and I were like Moses and the crowed was the red sea because they parted as we walked outside to talk.

Once outside, Sterling turned to face me.

“So you two together now?” he asked and had sadness all over his tone.

“Just today, actually,” I said nervously.

He reached out to me and took a piece of my hair between his fingers.

“I barely recognized you with your hair short,” he whispered and came close to me. “Eddy, I--I don’t know what else to do.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I can’t forget you.”

“Sterling,” I began, “I’m with Antonio now, and… it’s good, okay? I don’t want to complicate things,” I took a step back away from him.

“Is he the one you want?” he pointed to the door behind me. “That womanizer?”

“He hasn’t lied to me about his family.”

“What about his father?” he snarled.

I glared at Sterling. “I know about him. There’s nothing to be concerned about.”

Sterling dropped the anger. He stayed quiet for several minutes with his back to me. He ran his hands through his hair. It was all a bit over dramatic, but I didn’t question anything. I just let him be.

He finally turned around to face me. He had been crying. I felt something in my heart, I still cared for him. I didn’t love him like I did before, but I still cared for him.

“You love him now, and… I fucked up my chance. I’ll always love you, Edalene, bye,” he kissed my lips gently and he sighed into the kiss. I didn’t kiss him back, but his lips weren’t moving, he was just placing his own on mine. A few seconds later, he stopped and pulled from me.

He began to walk away and he went inside of his limo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eddy's hair since someone asked for a picture :)

Image