Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Scared

When I went back home I was quiet. Aunt Grace asked me what was wrong with me and I lied to her saying it was a busy day when in fact it was rather a slow one. She didn’t pressure me and that’s one of the things I loved about her. I went to my room and groaned. I needed Sterling. Not in a pathetic way like needy girls are but I do miss him a lot. On cue my phone went off with the ring tone ‘Your Guardian Angel’ by RJA since he made it our official song after our seventh month anniversary.

I lunged to my bag and took out my phone. I smiled and answered. “Hey!”

“Hey you,” I could practically hear the smile on his face.

“When are you coming back?” I asked first.

“Monday,” He chuckled. “Do you miss me that bad? It’s only been two days… you’re right it’s too long for us.”

I laughed. “It just seems to go by so slowly. It feels like it’s been weeks since I’ve seen you.”

“I miss you too. But I’ll be back, I’m sure you can survive another two days, plus you’re going to Six Flags with Luke and Lora, right?”

Should I tell him Antonio was going? Yes.

“Yeah and uh, this guy that Lora invited, his name is Antonio and he’s new.” My voice said it was nothing.

“Cool, I wonder how long is it going to take her to get over him?” He chuckled.

I chuckled too. “Yeah,” I extended the word. “How was your day?”

“Oh you know… camping and hiking and fishing. I really do love nature.”

“How can you live out there without technology? Well, besides a cell phone.”

“An I-Phone isn’t just a cell phone, baby, it’s a very small computer and I get all the music and entertainment I need.”

We talked about each other’s day but I did leave out the part where I almost kissed a guy… twice. A guy that I had a lot in common with and that made me feel weird feelings. I spent the next hour just talking to him about the most random things.

I knew why I loved Sterling. He was such a charmer and funny guy.

After the hour was up I had to hang up and go to dinner. I saw Havel sitting across me playing with her lasagna.

“Hi, Uncle Val.” I smiled towards him.

“Hi, Eddy.” He smiled back. It felt so good to be in good terms with him for so long I felt like I was eating with a stranger. I looked towards Havel again who was glaring towards me. I picked up the fork and started to eat.

I didn’t know how to talk to Aunt Grace. I didn’t want to be a tattle tale but I also didn’t want Havel to get sick or die because she won’t eat. Or throws up whatever she does eat. After dinner I washed the dishes as always and my Aunt was cleaning the table.

I turned off the water and turned towards Aunt Grace.

“Aunt Grace, I have something to tell you.” I said in all seriousness. She stops cleaning and smiles towards me.

“I know what it is about.” She said in a small sigh.

I blinked in surprise. “You do?”

“Yeah,” Good, so I didn’t have to break the bad news.

“What are we going to do?” I asked.

“You are going to stay away from that boy.” She said waving her finger.

I blinked again in complete shock. “Huh?”

“You know. I saw the way you and Antonio were acting. The closeness and I saw your face expression, you have a crush on him.”

I must’ve blushed a million shades of red because my face became really hot.

“Huh?” Was all I could say.

“You have a boyfriend and it isn’t lady like to flirt with other guys. I know you love Sterling but if he finds out about this it will hurt him deeply.” She walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile. “I know Antonio’s type.”

I looked at her shocked.

“He’s a womanizer, honey. Always looking for the innocent girl and I don’t want him ruining your life.”

Womanizer? Antonio? I never got that impression of him.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked.

“I’ve heard Havel talking to him over the phone and word gets around fast in this town. Do you know why he moved here?”

“His mom got a better job here and his brother Joseph is going to some soccer academy that’s near here or something.” I said remembering from our conversation.

She shook her head. “ He was kicked out of his last high school. It’s because he was caught having sex in the girls’ bathroom and according to a friend of a friend it wasn’t the first school he’s been kicked out of for the same reason.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. My aunt Grace was telling me Antonio was practically a manwhore. I didn’t want to believe that but I’ve seen the way he acts with Lora and then how he flirted with me. It could only mean one thing. He was playing me. I was just a chase and because I had a boyfriend it made it more fun.

God, I felt so stupid. So used.

“Just be careful around him.” She went back to cleaning the table and I went back to the dishes.

I was going to tell her that her daughter was bulimic and I found out Antonio was a womanizer. My Aunt wouldn’t lie to me but her friends weren’t exactly reliable when it came to facts. In fact they made sure the whole town knew I was seeing a therapist… still.

I finished the dishes and went back to my room. I knew Antonio was too good to be true. I saw the signs in the beginning. He immediately went to Cruella’s crowd. A light bulb turned on. I laughed at myself for a moment. Of course, it all fit together. Cruella was behind this. She put Antonio on my case!

She wanted me to fall for Antonio and Antonio was truly a charmer. It was Cruella’s plan to separate Sterling and I. How could I had been so stupid?! Did Antonio even like the rock of the eighties? Did he even have an Uncle or brother and sister?!

How many lies did he fed me? That’s what I wanted to know.

I was going to see him Sunday and I was going to rub in his face that I knew his and Cruella’s plan. What did Cruella offer him? Sex? Drugs? Mostly likely sex.

Before I could help it I let a couple of tears fall. It did hurt to be used for such a thing but I was going to shove it in his face.

On Saturday morning I woke up. I had therapy at ten and my Aunt was going to drive me. Now, why at 17 aren’t I driving and not just because I didn’t have a car? I’m scared. I’m scared of driving. Being in a big car accident leaves trauma and yes I can get on cars very well but when I’m behind the wheel I feel like I’m re-experiencing the whole thing and I start to hyperventilate and panic.

My therapist said it was normal and slowly I would have to get over it. But that wasn’t going to happen any time soon so I had to be driven around. I changed into something nice. The skull necklace was a gift from Sterling, he was rich and I mean filthy rich, he never told me how much it cost and something told me I didn’t want to find out.

Anyway, in the car heading towards the city for my therapy the ride was silent and the music played softly. The drive was an forty five minutes so it was forty five minutes of complete awkwardness.

I was dropped off at the building. I already knew the way with my eyes closed and aunt Grace told me she would be pick me up in two hours. I gave her a small smile and entered the building. I smiled nicely at the receptionist, Donna. She gave me my visitor’s pass and welcomed me to my weekly sessions. I went to the elevator and pressed the button. I took out my I-Pod knowing it would take about two or more long minutes for the elevator to get the first floor.

I drummed to something more modern. ‘Written in Blood’ by She Wants Revenge. It was catchy and when I heard first ‘Tear You Apart’ I had to check out the rest of their music. I loved Justin’s dark and mysterious voice.

The elevator ride was always the best part of going to therapy sessions. Usually I was alone and I would start to dance and sing. I sung songs from Genitorturers to Mariah Carey. Though I stuck to rock of the eighties I listened to other types of music.

I made it to the tenth floor and walked out. I greeted my therapist’s secretary.

“Morning, Eddy, you’re early.” Karina smiled at me.

I smiled right back. “Woke up earlier.”

She chuckled and went back to the computer. I sat down on the waiting area. I took a magazine, Cosmo, and started to read the different turn on guys liked. I started to think, any girl can buy this? I wasn’t sure since I wasn’t into these types of magazine, I bought music magazines.

“Eddy, you’re up.” Karina broke me from my thoughts and I saw as someone was leaving.

I got up and thanked Karina as I got inside. Mr. Peele was my therapist. He specialized with people with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) meaning people who have seen or experienced horrible things--like being in a terrible car crash--and having chronic nightmares or other types of weird things like sleepwalking. I had the chronic nightmares, almost every night I re-experienced the car accident and it would get in the way of my life since it would be hard to go back to sleep.

I sat down on the long lounge chair.

“Eddy, you’re early.” He said with a smile.

“Yeah, hail the size of baseballs is going to start falling from the sky.” I said jokingly.

He laughed. “All right, let’s begin.”

I didn’t laid down since I was so over that after my first year so I just sat like a normal person.

“Have you had any more chronic nightmares?” He took out his pad and pen.

“Three times this week.” I answered.

“Only?” He asked.

“Yup,”

He seemed surprised. “You’re sleeping well?”

I nodded. “So far.”

“What has changed this week?” He asked leaning forward. His elbows on his knees and his hands together and his eyes narrowed at me.

I thought about it for a second. “Uh, a new family moved in town. I found out my cousin is bulimic and… well Sterling left for again but that’s not new. That’s about it.”

“Hmm, is that all?”

I didn’t want to mention that since I’ve seen Antonio the nightmares have stopped.

“Yeah, that’s it.” I lied.