Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

Don't Expect It to Happen Everyday

“Not very optimistic thoughts then," I said, accepting what he said without question.

“Well, it depends. If you’re the Orantia they might be. I have no idea why though.”

We waited in silence for the next five minutes. Him, patiently. Me, not so much.

“Do you ever stand still?” he asked finally after I had been fidgeting with my thumbs and shuffling from side to side for the past two minutes.

“How long are they going to keep us waiting?” I said in retaliation as the doors opened.

“Finally,” I sighed.

“Yeah, I don’t think you could’ve lasted much longer.”

I shot him a dirty look before noticing my surroundings.

“Wow,” was all I managed. The room was like a massive cathedral without the pews. The stain glass windows were only coloured glass that looked out onto the white snow falling outside. But the whole appearance was quite elegant. Elegant, yet scary and definitely-

“Human,” I finished.

“Okay,” the Doctor said. “Random. What’s human?”

“Everything about this place. I mean, beside the fact that there are no saints or pictures of Jesus in the windows, it would seem like an ordinary cathedral.”

“An excellent observation.”

“Did you notice?”

“Of course,” he replied, a little bit too quickly.

“Yeah, you’re totally lying.”

“If you say so.” He walked past me towards the centre of the building.

“I do say so,” I muttered, following him slowly.

“Hello!” the Doctor called out to the empty room. “Listen to that,” he said to me before repeating, “HELLO!”

“Could you get any louder?” I said in a hushed tone.

“I can…HE-”

“Shut up!”

“Oh, right.”

I looked around again, scanning for someone who had heard the noise.

“Geez, this Pevalimon leader must be deaf,” I commented.

“Weren’t you listening before?”

“Uh…no. I wasn’t.”

He sighed in annoyance, “There was no echo.”

“Yes there was…oh. There wasn’t.”

“Exactly what I was trying to say. Which means this place isn’t as big as it seems.”

“But you can see it.”

He pondered for a moment, looking at the ground. “Well, imagine the Tardis. Bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Switch that, and I think that’s what we’ve got here.”

“So what you’re trying to say,” I started as he pulled out his sonic screwdriver, “Is that we’re probably in some kind of dungeon that’s been given this kind of illusion.”

“Yeah,” he replied pointing the now buzzing and lit up screwdriver at the floor. “That’s exactly what I was saying, but it doesn’t seem to be right.”

I gasped.

“What?!” He said, looking up in expectation.

“You just admitted you were wrong!”

“Don’t expect it to happen everyday,” he warned, putting his screwdriver back in his pocket and walking over to me.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he sat down on the floor next to me.

“Waiting.”

He caught sight of my face and started laughing.

“Don’t worry,” he said once he was done. “He’ll be here in less than a minute.”

I sighed and sat next to him just as the doors behind us swung open with a crash.

“Sorry,” the Doctor said to me. “She’s already here.”

As we both stood up quickly – me quite annoyed at the fact that I was bouncing up and down like a yo-yo – the lady walked quickly towards us. I noticed she was human – one hundred percent human my time lord mind was telling me – but dressed in clothes like royalty.

“Doctor,” she said inclining her head towards him. “And Erica,” she swept into a full curtsy.
I looked over at the Doctor, and yes, I felt superior to him. He got a nod, I got a curtsy. He wasn’t looking back at me which meant that it got to him.

One point to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this will be my last update for at least three weeks. I have assessment tasks, year nine basic skills exams and half-yearly's coming up. You didn't need to know all that, but you can know it anyway.

Feedback would be awesome people. Please comment and subscribe. =]