Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

It's done

“It’s done,” I said as I walked back to Jack and Nara from the post box in which I had just placed a letter to Jeriana.

“Where’s the Doctor gone?” Nara asked.

“I told him there was something wrong with the secondary flight mechanism. He should be there for a while.”

“Are you ever going to tell him about what you are?” Jack asked. “He’ll find out sometime.”

“I’m hoping he won’t.”

Jack frowned. “Any particular reason why?”

“He’ll think I’m not meant to exist. Which I’m not, but I want to travel with him. However
quickly it ends.”

“So you’re not coming back to work for us?”

I smiled and shook my head.

“Oh well, it was worth a shot.”

“ERICA!” the Doctor yelled out of the Tardis at me. “There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with
this flight mechanism.”

“Whoops,” I called back. “I guess I made a mistake.”

The Doctor came walking out muttering under his breath.

“Sorry. Didn’t catch that.”

“Nothing,” he murmured. “So, where are you folks off to.”

“Build a new institute I suppose. Considering the last one exploded.”

“That was not my fault,” the Doctor said. “You almost killed me. Again.”

“Habit,” Jack responded. “I suppose we’d better go before I end up accidentally trying to kill you. Again.”

“Aww...so soon?” I asked.

“It’s time to rebuild Erica. Masterpieces don’t happen overnight.”

“Depends on who you are,” I responded giving him a hug. “Take care,” I continued, hugging Nara. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

“We won’t,” they responded in unison, and slightly too quickly.

“See you,” the Doctor said as they began to walk away, waving as they did.

“What made you think that I’d still want you tagging along?”

“Tagging along?” I asked incredulously.

“As my companion.”

I nodded, satisfied with his answer. “I figure it’s easier to ask forgiveness than to seek permission.”

I got a grunt in response.

“So, I take it that I can stay.”

“Yes. You do help occasionally.”

My expression became one of shock.

“I help?”

“Did I say that?”

But I couldn’t help smiling.

“So,” I began, walking back into the Tardis, “where do you think that we’re going now?”

“I suppose I could let you fly...”

“What?!”

“I’m feeling a bit lenient today.”

“I’ll say. What happened to ‘You shouldn’t do anything that I should’?”

He shrugged, “Turning a blind eye sometimes works.”

“Then you’d better hold on,” I said running up and pushing the Tardis into flight. An – if it was possible – bumpier that usual flight.

“I take that back,” he yelled at me, holding onto the railing. “Turning a blind eye never works.”

“Learn to have some fun Doctor.”

“I do have fun, just not this kind of fun.”

I had an idea.

“We are going to go and have some fun,” I said, hitting some different buttons and looking at
the Doctor’s vaguely worried face and continuing...

“My kind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISH!!!
*cheers*
I am so happy! This is the only story i have ever finished!
Alrightee, the first chapter of the next story will be put up on the 15th of October. Yes, a bit random, but anyway. If you check back here on that date, i'll have the link posted.
Thank you to everybody who has commented or subscribed on this story, you guys are what keep me inspired. Thank you sooooo much!