Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

Fatal

“What the hell is that?”

“Well, it’s hereditary, obviously. And naturally it should be fatal-”

“WHAT!” Several people turned around in alarm.

“It’s alright,” Jack said to them and to me.

“What do you mean it’s fatal?” I hissed.

“I mean as in drop dead. But,” he hurried on seeing the expression on my face. “It’s not obviously for you.”

“That’s a comfort to me.”

“Would you prefer to be dead?” he asked in response to my sarcastic tone.

“Dying fast in comparison to dying slowly – yes.”

“Who says you’re dying at all?”

“You just said this time lord thing is fatal.”

“No, I said it SHOULD be. But you, Erica Scotts, for some reason you’re the one exception to the rule.”

“But- bu-“

“Do you know who Jeriana is?”

“No,” I replied. “Should I?”

“She was a time lord too.”

“Good for her.”

Jack looked at me.

“Right, sorry. I’m not going to speak anymore.”

“Jeriana travelled in time and space. But contrary to what time lords usually do, she decided to settle down. On Earth.”

“So…there was an alien walking around Earth and nobody noticed?”

“What happened to not speaking?”

“Sorry.”

“Time lords regenerate. Fatal wounds, old age, anything that would kill a normal person enables them to change themselves and they literally become a new person. They can look alien, but more often, they look human. When Jeriana stayed on Earth, she made the choice to re-write her own DNA. She became human so she could live out her life with her human husband and die with him. But before she made that choice to become human, she had a baby girl. Her name was Georgiana.”

“My great-great-great grandmother’s name was Georgiana,” I said. “Right at the beginning of our family tree.”

“And she carried the time lord genes. You see – part human and time lord beings aren’t meant to exist. The time lord part of Georgiana was building up inside her and when she was thirty it overwhelmed her and she died.”

“She died?”

“Internal bleeding.”

“But how can you know it was the alien-ness. That caused it.”

“The same thing happened to your great-great grandmother when she was 27. And your great grandmother when she was 23. “

“Okay. But my grandmother only died a few years ago. She was 82.”

“I wiped her memory when she was ten.”

I sighed deeply. “I still can’t believe how old you are.”

“Neither can I,” Jack replied as his phone began beeping.

“Meet at rendezvous point #411 at 1700 hours. That gives you ten minutes, so I’d run.”

“Next time you can go on holidays and I’ll stay looking at computers all day,” Jack grunted into the phone as we stood up.

“Really?” the voice sounded hopeful.

“Goodbye Nara.”

“I’m not forgetting!” she yelled before he hung up.

“She really did mean we’ve got ten minutes.”

“To get where?”

“To Denson Park.”

I didn’t even bother to act astounded, I just started running. It was three kilometres to Denson Park. Thank God my bag was light.

Tired and puffed I arrived at the playground set. I literally collapsed onto the swing before Jack called over to me, seeming not puffed at all.

“Over here unless you want to be left in Australia!”

“It’s so not worth it,” I groaned as I dragged myself and my bags over to the spot.

“And five, four, three -”

I closed my eyes.

“- two, one. You can open your eyes now.”

“But I’m bracing myself.”

“For what?”

“Impact,” I said annoyed looking at him through now open eyelids. But before closing them again I looked around at the building I was now in.

“I didn’t feel anything!” I said in amazement.

“You will in a second.”

“What do you mea- OH!” I clutched my head and fell to the ground in a dead faint on the floor of the Torchwood Institute.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. Actually, i'd prefer the comments. =]

Doctor coming in after two more chapters...hopefully.