Sequel: Before You Die

Human Timelord

UNIT

Three Months Later

As I walked through the corridors that led between departments I flicked through the files in my arms, bored. I was constantly checking my watch as I headed towards medical, not too sure what I was looking for, wondering, once again, why I was here.

“Emily!”

“Hmm?” I replied distractedly, finally looking up as I recognised the use of my cover up name. “Yes?”

“You might want to check this out,” one of my superiors named Jessica said, leading me into a large room that was characterised by a huge hologram of the globe.

“What am I supposed to be looking at?” I asked as I stood up against the wall.

“Take a look at Antarctica.” She zoomed in on the map. “Human population – zero. Living Life forms – zero.”

“But that’s impossible,” I said, stepping forward. “Even beneath metres of snow, there’d be plant life and animal life. Which makes you wonder, what’s blocking the signal?”

“That is a very good question,” a man said walking past me to stare intently at the map.

“Sorry,” I said walking up to him, “But who are you and how the hell did you get in here?”

“I came in the side door.”

“There are a lot of side doors.”

“East side.”

“There are twelve on the east side.”

“Fine,” he said looking over at me. “I came in the back door.”

“Whatever,” I said. “But you are?”

“The Doctor.”

“You’re kidding me.”

“No, I’m the Doctor.”

Everyone in the room was silent by this time. I saw one of the people at the computers reach for their communications device.

“Please don’t,” the Doctor said. “Nobody needs to know I’m here.”

The hand kept reaching for it, but the Doctor had out his sonic screwdriver faster than lightning and the device lay on the desk hissing steam.

“What did you do that for?” I asked suspiciously.

“Bad memories,” he replied putting on his glasses. “I don’t like UNIT and they don’t like me.”

I scoffed, “Funnily enough I think they have reason to.”

“They?”

“Uh…” Whoops. “We.”

He raised his eyebrows but didn’t say anything.

“So,” he started. “What do you think it is?”

“Centralized vacuum.”

The Doctor looked over at me in astonishment.

“They don’t exist.”

“They do now,” I responded.

“That’s impossible.”

“Do you want to check the stats.?”

Without answering me, he walked over to a computer and the guy moved out of the way. A few seconds later he walked back over to me and stared at the hologram again.

“And?” I asked.

“It’s a centralized vacuum,” he said without looking at me.

“That doesn’t deserve any kind of recognition or anything?"

“Nope.”

I saw Jessica standing in the corner talking to someone on her comms. device. Pulling the screwdriver out of the Doctor’s pocket I aimed it at her hand and noted with satisfaction that she stopped talking, but gave me a very hard glare. I was so getting fired. I guess it was a good thing that my work here was done, so I didn’t really care.

“Thanks,” he said looking at me grudgingly.

“No problem.”

“What’s your name by the way?”

“Um…” Did it really matter about hiding it anymore? Nah, I was either getting fired or leaving anyway. “Erica Scotts.”

“Right.”

I could hear the muttering, but I didn’t really care
.
He began to walk out of the room, putting his glasses back in his pocket. As he rounded the corner and I could no longer see him, Jessica started to speak, but he yelled back first.

“You coming? I’ll need my sonic screwdriver!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Doctor's finally here! Tell me what you think people, comment and subscribe.