Three Guys And A Girl, Who Will She Choose?

Three Guys And A Girl, Who Will She Choose?

After a long and thwarting day at school, I finally arrived at home.

“Hi dear,” my mom called out from the living room.

I closed the front door and walked through the endless ornamental hallway to the living room. Mom is having her coffee while reading a magazine, as usual. I walked into the room and sat on the new black leather-ed couch in front of her that I’ve never seen before. The wall is painted with a rich creamy colored paint and is decorated with paintings from Picasso to DA Vinci, yet I could still see some of my paintings that I gave to mom as her birthday gift up on the side walls. At least she still keeps my paintings. The floor is carpeted with a thick, dark brown fur carpet that even I am anxious to step on. In the middle of the room, there it is; hanged perfectly a diamond covered French chandelier that mom had been wanting for about a couple of decades. Truthfully, I’ve never even set foot in this room before. I didn't’t even think there was a room in here before when we first got here. But, when you live in a humongous house, you’ll always discover something new. God knows how many rooms there are in this house.

I couldn't’t be bothered to go and have a field trip around the house to see just how many of this unimportant leather furniture there are in this house.

“Did you add a new wing to our house? Because I don't think I have seen this room before,” I blurt out the question that has been in my mind since I got in here.

“Um...no honey, I'm sure you have seen this room. Imagine when it was empty,” she smiled sheepishly.

I scrunched my nose and pretending to deeply think, “Okay…I'm trying to imagine…this room before it was raided with innocent animal skins…nope,” popping the ‘p’, “Doesn't’t ring a bell,” I said

She cleared her throat and stiffly putting down the cup. “So how was your day? Did you meet any new friends?” she asked as if this is my actual first day of schooling. I have been in the school for quite a few weeks now.

“Yes mom, I made friends, and for your information mom, school started few weeks ago,” she looked shocked by this. “Anyways, I'm going to my room now, need anything, you know where I will be,” with that, I left the huge room and climb the ‘grand’ sets of stairs back to my room.

I was thinking of taking out my sketchbook to draw. I used to draw every time I got a free time. I am always interested in sketching portraits and landscapes. To be able to draw things that are realistic and put them on paper to see the texture and the tones, they made me feel I can accomplish at least something. Nowadays, I seemed to have no time at all.

Despite my intentions which was suppose to be drawing, I lay on my bed for a few hours thinking. Thinking about everything that happened since the day I got here and what happened today. I nearly lost contact with most of my so-called friends back in L.A. Trevor haven’t been giving me any calls since the last time we talked. The only person I kept in contact with is Paula. She was my one and only true friend who helped me through rough and easy. She was the one who bought the ice creams when I went through a break-up and she was the one who understood how I always felt. But since the last couple of days, she has been busy with her works to be able to call me. All this overwhelming thoughts just making me feel trapped and I was suddenly in needing of air and want to just get out of here. I closed my sketchbook and put it away. I decided to go for a walk and let go all the stress.

I changed to a pair of worn out jeans, and put on my sweatshirt and bring my ipod with me. “Mom, I'm just gonna go for a walk for just a little bit. Be back soon!” I shouted to her while going down the stairs. I'm not sure where she is so I decided shouting is the best thing to do to communicate in this house.

“okay, but remember not too late like last time!” she said loudly from the dining room. She’s all over this house. My mom, she can never stay quite for even five minutes. She always has something to do just to make her self busy.

“I promise I won’t,” I quickly walk outside and closed the front door. I can't take this any longer. Some people would probably think I'm such a poor little weak girl. No, I am a tough runner but everybody has their moment. And there are times where I just can't take in all these ‘chaos-es’ in my life.

I shut the door behind me. From there, I could see into the front living room, where the sun was already beginning to sink in the sky, disappearing behind the trees, creating that special kind of warm, vibrant light you only see right before sunset

I started walking down towards the big intersection to get to the other side of the block to find a hideout for me to get out all the stress. I had a place like that in L.A. that me and my closest friends always go to hangout and catch up with things or just gossips, not that I don't hangout with them all the time at school and mall. We go there just to chill and share thoughts and secrets.

I turned left to this street to a more public neighborhood. The houses are still big but I think it’s just nice for a house. So I continued to walk and just enjoy the sight while it last.

Just as I was walking, feeling a little bit better because of the peace and quiet, nobody goes for a walk around here. Then I saw a guy trying to sit on the sidewalk. It’s about 7 o’clock now and the lamps are switched on. He looks like he’s having trouble getting up. I walk up to him to find out. And that guy, sitting there, all gushed out with blood; Kayden, again.

So I half-run to him, again. Seriously, this guy has got to sort out his problems.

“Kayden! What happened to you?” I asked, even though I already know the answer. But I was worried.

“Hannah? What are you doing here…ow! It hurts!” he said holding his ribs.

“I was just walking… God! You’re all bloody! And you’re still asking about me!” and I tried to find something to wipe blood of his nose and to stop it. Because it doesn't’t seem to want to stop, and I think I'm starting to feel nauseous. But I put all that thought away as for now, I got a friend to ‘take care’ of. So I decided to take of my sweats and use it to wipe the blood off.

(Kayden’s POV)

“I was just walking,” then she broke into a quick thought, “God! You’re all bloody! And you’re still asking about me!” she seemed very concerned. Damn, she’s very sweet.

She took of her sweats and start wiping off my face. She looks very beautiful, even though she looked nauseated. I just kept gazing at her. All this thought made me forget about this situation. Her face is so calming.

That is until I let out, “OHMYGOD!” because my ribs are hurting so much. I had been trying to sit up since before she got here but I couldn't’t because of it.

“I'm sorry! Where is it hurting now? I think we should really go to the hospital. I can get my car now, you’ll wait here…” then I cut her off.

“NO, don't! Please…you know why, please,” I half-begged. She seemed really worried by now. But I'm not going to the hospital, or it’s just going to get worse with my brother. The hospital will probably know what’s going on by the looks of me and they’ll probably report to the police, or my father. This doesn't’t really help with the whole problem, since his hobby involves me hurting and end up getting beat up in some random pavement.

“I know why, but this is getting worse. I'm not just gonna pretend that I didn't't see a guy, lying around at some random pavement, all bloody, and I didn’t do anything about it. This has gotta stop,”

“I don't ask you to pretend. Just…forget it. I'm fine,” I replied. It took everything of me to try resisting her.

“fine, I seriously don't get you. Why are you so afraid of him?” she asked, giving up.

“I'm not afraid, let’s just say, he knows those people who you don't wanna be messing around with. And I got used to all this already. He beats me up for the fun of it,” I explained.

“are you serious? What’s his problem? He needs to go to the mental juvinile or something…jeez,” she sighs, and then she put her sweats down.

She gestured me to rest my head on her lap. How I’ve always wanted to feel her touch for so long. So I did what she asked me to do. Her lap is just nice. Not to bony or chunky. What am I thinking? I mentally slapped my self on the face.

“Ow…my head hurts,” but I realized I sound too much like a pussy. Way to make an impression Kayden.

She giggled, “come on, stay still. I’ll massage your head,” and she put her hand on my forehead. Then rub it. It feels so much better. Her soft hands made it feel so much better.

“Thanks, again, for doing this, I mean staying with me and everything,” she looked at me. Her eyes are so dazzling at the same time breathtaking, I tried so hard to not suddenly sit up and kiss her beautiful lips.

“No problem. That’s what friends are for,” she smiled, still rubbing my head.

“Right…because that’s what friends are for,” I said, clearly disappointed by that point. ‘Friends’ is what we are.

We sat there quietly for about 10 more minutes, and all the time, I was thinking.

“Um, so, are you feeling better now?” she asked, breaking my trance.

“yeah, I guess,” I said. Then she removed her hand, I can't feel her soft touch anymore.

“It’s dark. I think we should go home now,” she said, “but you’re hurting…” she added. As if I didn't know that already. “Your house is not that far away, so maybe I could help you get back, are you okay with that?”

She can't be serious. She’s going to help me get there. Using what? Piggyback ride me? “How exactly are you going to do that?” I asked.

“Um, like this,” then she started to help me up; she put my hand around her shoulders and got up so I could stand..

“You’re not serious are you?” I asked again. With her type of body?

“I am…or I wouldn't’t be doing this. Now come on. It’s getting dark now. Or you just wanna stay here all night. It’s freezing out here!” It’s freezing because she’s only wearing her sleeveless shirt.

“Ow! Are you serious?” but somehow she managed to get me to stand and we already started walking towards the neighborhood.

She’s pretty strong for her size.

“I just wanna ask you something,” she said in a small voice. Now she’s struggling to keep up.

“uh...sure,” I said and tried to make it more easier for her to walk, but everything hurts.

“How much do you weigh?” then she started laughing. She looks really pretty.

“Excuse me?” I laughed with her. That is until, “God! My ribs!”

“oh my god! Are you okay?!” she screeched.

My ribs are broken. “Yeah…I laughed too much,” but I tried to not make her worry too much. “Come on, let’s go,”

****
A few moments of struggle and long walk home, we arrived at the front of the huge steps of my house. She rang the bell. One of the maids opened the door for us. Thank god mom is not here. Usually she would get the door.

“Again? Let me go get the towel and icepack,” then Santy, the maid went of inside. She’s used to me getting home hurting.

“What was that about?” Hannah asked.

“Nothing. So…do you wanna come in or something?” I asked don't want to be rude, especially after what she did today.

“Um…as much as I would love too I need to get home right now, because it’s late and I don't want to be grounded again.” She replied.

I don't like seeing her go. I want her to be here, with me. I couldn't’t stop being with her. Her presence kept me lively.

A moment of awkward silence strikes us and I couldn't’t keep not staring into her eyes. “Well, I gotta go now, take care. See ya,” she smiled at me and then went off to go back to her home. But before that, I saw her catch a glimpse at me and smiled.

“Thanks,” I wanted to say more, but I was tongue-tied. I watched her as she walked down to the streets, then I don't see her figure anymore after what it seemed just one second ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
i think i'll be updating this more often than my other story 'new kid in school' because that one needs quite a lot of reworking done.