In Over My Head Zack Merrick

Chapter Six

Zack

“Dad?” Jason said, rolling the ball back to me with as much force as he could possibly muster, but it still just barely reached me. But I wasn’t worried, once he was five or six he’ll start working out just like me.

“Yeah pal?” I gently rolled it back to him, and his pulled it into his lap, holding onto it.

“Juice,” He said simply. I smiled, standing up and walking to the kitchen. I told Taylor to go out, because she deserved a day to herself. I pulled the container of apple juice off of the top shelf of the refrigerator and poured some of it into a green cup with a lid on it, making sure the lid was screwed on tight.

I joined him in the living room again, handing him the cup.

“Tank you,” He smiled, a gap in his smile from a tooth he lost recently.

We sat in silence while he watched Spongebob. Out of all the cartoons there are, Spongebob is about the only one I like.

I sat back, remembering all the times when I had first met Jason. The night Taylor came into the dressing room I thought I was going crazy. I remember being so scared to hold him, or even touch him.

I would have to leave for tour in two days. I wouldn’t see my son or girlfriend for almost a month. I really, really did hate leaving. Sometimes I wish Taylor would understand she’s not the only one that hurts when I leave. It’s not my fault I have to be gone all the time, it’s my job. And I can’t just quit the band, music is my passion, and Alex, Jack and Rian are my best friends. Plus, we need the money.

My phone rang, and Taylor’s name showed up on the screen. I flipped open my phone, pressing it to my ear.

“Hey mommy,” I greeted, smiling when Jason looked over at me.

“Hey Zack, how are my boys?”

“We’re good. We went to the park for a little bit, then came home and now we’re just chilling, watching TV. What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Just shopping a little bit.” She said. “Oh, by the way, when will you be back from this tour? I’m not trying to start shit, I’m just asking.” She added.

“I will be back August… fifth,” I said, racking my brain for a moment for the exact date. There was no response. “Taylor?”

“Yeah. I gotta go.” She said flatly, hanging up.

“That was weird…” I muttered to myself quietly, shaking my head and turning back to the TV.

- - -

Taylor’s POV

I shut the phone, sliding it back into my pocket. He didn’t remember. He didn’t remember our third anniversary. Maybe I was overreacting, but I didn’t care. I bet he didn’t even realize he wouldn’t even be home for our third anniversary.

I shook my head, exhaling and leaving the store, without even buying what was in my cart; I just left it in the aisle.

I climbed into my car, driving straight to Kara’s. She always knew what to say. She would be able to tell me if I was just overreacting.

I knocked on her door, and Rian answered. “Is Kara there?” I asked him. He eyed me strangely, then nodded.

“Baby love!” She yelled, smiling. I smiled back weakly, and I could tell she immediately noticed something was off. “Rian we’ll be upstairs,” She informed him, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs and into their room. I plopped down next to her on their king sized bed.

“What’s wrong?”

I sighed, thinking of how to word how I was feeling. “Zack’s gonna be on tour on our third year anniversary. I was on the phone with him, and when he told me he was getting back August fifth he didn’t even say anything about how he wasn’t going to be here. I don’t even think he remembers. I’m not so much mad that he’s not gonna be here, it’s just getting old that he’s been gone for so many important things. He wasn’t even there for my twenty first birthday! I don’t know if I’m overreacting about this or not.”

She nodded. “I, personally, don’t think you’re overreacting in the slightest. That date is important for the both of you. And the fact that he wont be here for it, plus he doesn’t even remember what day it is, gives you a reason to be upset. I know me and Rian always do stuff for our anniversaries.”

I sniffled, blinking my eyes a few times trying to hold back tears. Kara engulfed me in a hug. “I’m such a girl,” I laughed, shaking my head.

“It’ll be okay. Just don’t say anything, see if he notices.” She advised.

“I doubt he will,” I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo that was kinda short, and sucky. I'm sorry. I'm so tired. BUT I have the next like 7 chapters planned out and I'll be typing them up ASAP. Please comment and subscribe, it's appreciated. And please check out my new story (I won't be deleting it this time, I actually like this one). Thanks guys. Love youu <3