Status: on hiatus for now.

I'm Just A Ghost, I Can't Hurt You...

'Your dead.'

Franks POV.

I blinked a few times, allowing my eyes to adjust to the new surroundings. I mean, one minute I'm in the hospital watching as Bob has to practicaly drag Gerard over to a chair, after the (very badly broken) news of my death. Next thing i know this white light's come out of no-where and i'm waking up here. I sighed irratably as i realised i was laying on the floor, i propped myself up on one elbow and began to take in my surroundings.

I was layed out on a rug in front of a huge, lit, open fire. To the left of me was an old armchair with some kind of floral pattern on it, there was alsoa matching one to the right of me. I glanced around the room and saw that nearly every wall was covered in books, but there was no shelves. The books just hung there, as though they were sitting on invisible shelves. I stared open mouthed for a moment, before curiosity got the better of me, i pulled myself of the floor and wandered over to the nearest book covered wall. As i aproached i half expected to see them all sitting on a glass bookcase or something, but as i drew closer i noticed that all the books seemed to bob up and down to their own beat. I stood in awe staring at the books for a moment, my eyes following the slight movement, untill a sudden voice made me jump.
"Fascinating isn't it?" I leapt and spun around to face the source of the voice. An elderly man stood in a doorway, which i never noticed before, as he aproached i took in his apearance; his hair was silver, but not balding, and he was dressed simply in black trousers, tartan slippers and a navy blue sweater. I stood blinking for a moment, he simply smiled at me gently. "Sorry to make you jump son." He set himslef down into one of the fireside chairs and motioned for me to take the other one, still smiling.

Hesitanly i aproached the other chair, nevr taking my eyes of the sudden stranger, my mind kept on nagging that i knew him, but i couldn't place a name to the face. He smiled and lokked fondly over towards the bookcase.
"Always catches a newbies attention." He turned back towards me, a sudden glint in his eyes that made me shrink into the chair. "anyway Frank..." I suddenly sat bolt upright.
"How do you know my name?" My voice came out rushed and a slight edge of panic. The old man simply raised an eyebrow.
"Why...simple my dear boy, i've been expecting you for quite some time. Gave my callers quite the runaround you have. Dogding death by mere secounds on numerous ocasions, i must say though your quite the fighter. A few more minutes and you may have made it....or you may not have. That's all in his hands anyhow." I raised an eyebrow, i had just died, seen my own body, watched my friends being told i was dead, then i'm in this place with an old man who makes absolutely no sense. I think i can feel a headache coming on...hang on could i still get headahces?
"Can i still get headaches?" The question left my lips before i could stop it, i felt a bit of heat flush my cheeks. The elderly man chuckled at me and shook his head. "Thank god for that." I murmerd under my breath. The elderly man smiled warmly at me.
"Im Jesabia, by the way." He held a hand out to me to shake.
"Frank." I mutered taking his hand, i still felt the need to introduce myself even though i got the feeling this guy knew more about me than my own mother.
"Yes, quite."
"Erm...not to seem rud or anything, but where the hell am i?" Jesabia chuckled at me, yet again, before answering.
"Your dead." He spoke bluntly, and i tried my best not to roll my eyes.
"Yeah, i kinda gathered that. But where am i? Where is this?" I asked motioning around me with my tatooed hands. Jesabia sat back in his chair before answering.
"This? This is where all 'early outer's' go." I raised an eyebrow at the term; 'early outer's'. Jesabia seemed to pick up on my question, he sighed and explained.
"early outers' is a term quite commonly used by myslef and my callers. It simply means those who have left the earth before their time, those who have been forcibly removed. Like you."
"So....I'm an 'early outer'?" He nodded. "Right...." I sat for a moment attempting to process all this. I was amazed at how well i was taking all this. I glanced up t Jesabia who was sat smiling at me like a trophy collector at his most recent acuisition.
"Your probably wondering why the 'early outer's' are seperated from the others, right?" I shrugged indifferantly, even though the thought had crossed my mind. Jesibia smiled ever so slightly. "It's because, you go back." I sat foward suddenly.
"Excuse me?" I was afraid my ears had decieved me, or that Jesabia was teasing me, but when he nodded i felt elation fly through my veins. I could go back.
" People like you get the opertunity to go back, but Frank, there's a catch." I looked up at him eagerly waiting for him to continue. "You have to pick a seer. One person from your old life who can see you, and one person only. They alone will be albe to see and hear you, they will be the only person you will be albe to interact with." I felt my heart plumet, my face dropped with it, but Jesabia either didn't notice or paid me no mind. "You will be bound to this person, they are your link to the land of the living. If that link gets severed, then thats it. Game over." I gulped.
"What's the catch?" I asked chuckling nervously.
"This person literally becomes your life Frank, your entire exitance will depend upon them."
"C-can they...you know, get rid of me?" My voice wavered slightly. Jesabia considered moment.
"only under extreme circumstances, but Frank, there is one more catch. There are some like you who do not make it here, others who's time has long gone and yet they are lost. While you are on earth it will be the job of you and your seer to help any of those poor soles which you may encounter to make it to the other side." I blinked.
"That's it?" I asked, that's easy. Make sure i don't piss of my seer, make sure my seer doesn't pop their clogs and help people home. Some catch. Jesabia smiled towards me.
"Sounds easy, doesn't it?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Hold on, how do i get them home, i mean here?" He simply shook his head at me.
"I'm sorry Frank i can't tell you, it's the rules i'm fraid. You hve to figure it all out for yourself."
"Oh. Joy." I muttered dryly. Jesabia smiled knowingly at me.
"Mmm, i thought it was a bit unfair at first also...." He trailed off and i looked up into the old man's eyes. Eyes that still held a certain sparkle that held me captivated, i began to think about all the people like myself those eyes had seen, would see. Jesabia smiled again suddenly, i was beggining to think that this man couldn't go more than a few moments without smilieing. "Anyway Frank, do you mknow who you want your seer to be?" My face became blank, my mouth openining and closing a few times before i shrugged uncertainly.
"I-I'm not too sure..." I trailed off, running through all the possibilities in my head. Mikey? No, he would freak out completely. Bob? Ray? Jesabia smiled at me knowingly.
"Oh, i think you know exactly." I looked up at him, and felt an easy smile slip onto my lips.
"Yea....i think so too...." Jesabia raised an inquisitive eyebrow even though the twinkle in his eyes spoke that he knew. And now i think back on it, knowing what i do now, i think he knew who i would pick all along, since he saw me staring slack jawed at the books. "I pick...Gee. Yeah, Gerard, Gerard Way."