Status: on hiatus for now.

I'm Just A Ghost, I Can't Hurt You...

what else can you do?

Gerard POV

I picked myself up off of the ground, expecting to at least be sore from the fall, but i wasn't. Nothing hurt. I looked at my arms and wiggled my fingers and toes, everything worked and nothing hurt. I blinked in disbelief, it just wasn't possible. I put my hands down hesitantly, still half expecting a sudden jarring pain to rip through my body, but none came. As i shifted were i sat i saw Frank laying on his back beside me, his head turned towards me. His eyes were shut and for a horrible moment i was reminded of when i saw him in the mortuary. I sqeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to dispel the image, but it only strengthened it so i opened them again. As i did i saw Frank's eyes open, a small frown on his face. I jumped and scurried backwards untill i felt myself thud into the sofa. Frank had obviously seen me and his frown deepened, wincing he sat up and began to move towards me, when he was in front of me he reached out slowly and i flinched. I turned my head away from him and tried to push myself back further against the sofa, after a minute of not feeling anything i turned my head back around and opened my eyes.

Frank was sat a few meters away from me, hugging his knees a sad look on his face, mingled in with a slight look of insult.
"Your afraid of me." It wasn't a question. I looked down in shame, i didn't even know why i was afraid of him, i just was. In a way i guess it was the fact that he was, well, kinda dead, but he couldn't be dead as he was sat in front of me. My mind began to battle to figure out why i was afraid of him, he was dead, i had seen his body. But he was sitting in front of me. But i saw his body! I frowned, begining to get annoyed with myself, but was yanked back to the present by Frank's voice. "What have i done? What can i do to prove to you that i won't hurt you, i don't want to hurt you. Iv'e never hurt you Gee...what makes you think i would wanna start now? Now of all times when my very existance depnds on you!" His eyes went wide and his hand slammed over his mouth, but when he saw that there was no way i could have not heard that he removed it and began cursing under his breath, muttering about breaking the news more subtely. I was just plain confused now. His existance depeneded on me. Was i keeping him here for some reason?
"What do you mean?" He looked up hesitantly, chewing his lip he seemed to be mulling something over, as though he was unure of how to answer me. After a while he sighed and stood up, moving so he was stood next to me, carefuly he dropped to his knees beside me. I didn't flinch, or shuffle away, i never broke eye contact with him, not until he looked down at my legs.
"Are your legs ok?" I raised an eyebrow, typical Frank, change the subject to somthing completely irrelivant. As he looked up he saw my expression. "When you fell, your legs kinda....well, went the wrong way." What. The. Fuck.

I frowned and looked down at my legs, they were fine, i looked back up at Frank sceptically. I didn't understand how my legs could go from being suposidly so badly damaged they went the wrong way. to ok in a matter of moments. He sighed and opened his mouth to talk but i cut over him.
"Frank. Just forget it okay. What did you mean when you said that your existane depends on me? " My voie sounded snappy, and i realised how i must sound, but i couldn't take it back now. Frank looked at me with his eyes narrowed slightly before speaking.
"Maybe...maybe now isn't the best time to talk about this...maybe....."
"JUST TELL ME!" I all but screamed at him. His eyes narrowed and as he spoke his voice had a hint of venom.
"Fine. I'm dead. I was run over by some arsehole, who was more than likely drunk. Watched my own body being taken away in an ambulance, then next thing i know i'm in this...this room, with floating fucking books, and some dude who has no dress sense being told i'm dead! Well woopdee-fucking-doo! I kinda figured that one out when i saw the big puddle of blood and my blood soaked body! But as if that's not enough i'm then informed that i can go back but i have to pick some-one to be, in a sense, bound to. That person is literally my life. If they die then thats it, bye bye, curtains for Frankie. So i pick the one person i think will be reasonable." I flinched backwards as he began to get more and more agitated and hysterical, his hands waving around as he spoke. "But when i show up, my best friend basically tells me to fuck back off to were-ever the fuck it is i came from! You! You of all people i thought would have at least listened instead of running off and freaking out!" He stopped to get a breath and i jumped in, angry now myself.
"Well, you hardly broke it all to me gently did you?!" I spun on him, catching him slightly by suprise. "I mean, you just bloody popped up in my door way! Is it any wonder i freaked out! For god's sake Frank, i was so scared i threw myself down the fucking stairs!" I stopped and narrowed my eyes at his already narrowed ones, then continued. "I was scared shitless....but i'm not now. I know how my reaction may have seemed but beleive me, before you showed up...i was miserable. I would have given anything for you to come back, and please Frankie, please don't think for one minute i would wish you back there." I saw his expression soften before he opened his arms slightly, i smiled and we both went to hug. But when i should have hit his body i just kept on travelling, i opened my eyes in alarm as i hit my living room floor face first. blinking in puzzlement i rolled over and sat up, seeing Frankie also laying on the floor, but the front half of his arms were in the floor. Literally, he was burried in the floor. I put my hand over ,y mouth to supress a giggle. As he pulled himself out of the floor and turned to face me he glared for a secound then burst out laughing before smiling.
"I guess i should have known that would happen." He sated a sheepish expression loitering on his face. i chuckled.
"So....i'm the person you chose?" I asked a slight wave of disbeleif hitting me.
"Huh? Oh, yea...i mean, i figured you would be my best bet i mean, Mikey is more acident prone than i was, and he would have reacted worse than you did, Bob and Ray, were an even bet but...your my best friend." He murmered the last part and glanced down at his shoes. I couldn't help but be flattered, out of all the people he knew he had picked me.
"So....what exactly does us being 'bound' entail?" I asked shifting in my seat so i was leaning against the sofa once more. He looked up and i noticed him fiddeling with his shoe lace.
"Well, basically, you are the only person who can see and hear me. Other people will see the stuff i can do but...."
"Stuff you can do?" I cut in, then smiled apologetily, but he just chuckled humming in afirmation. I raised an eyebrow and he grinned looking around for a secound before his eyes settled on my birthday card sitting on a shelf. He directed his grin back at me as he stood and sauntered over to the cards.
"Watch this." He took a deep breath and blew at the cards. i watched as the cards fell from the shelf and fluttered to the ground. He turned and grinned at me, like a child who hd just done something very impressie expecting praise, while rocking to and fro on his feet. I rolled my eyes.
"So you can blow stuff." he pouted at me. next thing i knew he was beside me.
"Thats not all i can do y'know." I jumped and laid my hand on my heart. He grinned triumphantly.
"Okay...that one;s a bit more impressive." I smiled at him and he returned it. "What else can you do?" His face fell.
"Well, it's kinda difficult y'know, coz no-one else is allowed to help me. I have to figure it all out for myself." He leant backwards next to me and went straight through the sofa. I Started laughing.
"Well, I'll say this now Frank, at least you have going through stuff down pack." I grinned as he pouted up at me.