Status: on hiatus for now.

I'm Just A Ghost, I Can't Hurt You...

breakfast relizations

Gerards POV

I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling trying to get my head around everything that had hapened today. I sighed and stared out into the darkness which ingulfed my room, Frank had gone. I don't know were he went, he just kinda looked at me, said he'd be back soon, and kinda faded. I ran a hand over my face letting a frustrated groan escape my lips. Why? That seems to be the permanent question that I was continuously asking myself. Why today? Why Frank? Why? WHY? WHY? A silent scream escaped my mouth and I threw my hands down onto the matress either side of my body, causing the matress to bounce with the force of the hit.

After my body had stopped bouncing, I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier as though some-one had pinned lead weights to them, each time i blinked the gap between closing my eyes and re-opening them got longer and longer, untill eventually i drifted off into an uneasy sleep. Somewhere in the back of my mind i couldn't help but wonder if this was what it had felt like for Frank, had he felt as though he was simply going to sleep?

__________________________________

The next morning i awoke to bright sunshine glaring through the window into my room, squinting i raised my hand in a pitiful attempt to block out some of the sunlight, but failed and ended up slapping myself across the face instead. I sat up as giggling rang out through the room, next thing I knew it felt as though some-one had taken hold of my wrist, icy cold encased it in a vice like grip. I watched wide-eyed as my hand raised and began to hit me in the cheek lightly.
“OUCH! What the fuck?!” I heard a giggle by me and my hand moved to hit me again, this time accompanied by a voice.
“Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself…” My hand trailed down my neck, still being guided by the grip on my wrist, fear and panic flashing through my veins, what the fuck was going on. I sat bolt in my bed, the sheets pooled around my waist as my hand moved down my chest to my waist, a wolf whistle rang through the clinically silent room. “My, my Gee…stop hitting on yourself.” I sighed in relief as I suddenly clicked what was going on.
“Holy shit Frank!” Next thing I knew Frankie appeared sitting by my side, his hand gripping my wrist, laughing his arse off.
“Y-you should have seen your f-face!” I rolled my eyes at him. He grinned up at me as he saw my irritated glare, his face dropped and the puppy expression slipped on. “Your not mad at me are you?” My eyes remained narrowed, I wasn’t really angry, I just enjoy winding him up too much. “I was only practising my new talents…looksy here.” He jumped up, obviously eager to redeem himself, I couldn’t help a light chuckle escaping my lips. He really is like a child some-times, he stood by the side of my bed, an eager and excited light shining in his eyes. “Okay. Now you see me….” He trailed off and I watched as he faded away. “now you don’t.” His voice sounded from the same spot, a giggle following as I promptly did a star impersonation of a guppy.

I jumped nearly ten feet in the air as he re-appeared on the other side of my bed a sly smile on his face, I stared in disbelief. I never heard him move. He simply chuckled. I shook my head and pulled myself upright a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.
“What else where you working on?” I asked, genuine curiosity sparking the question, he sat down the bed and a huge grin nearly split his face in two. I sat there and stared at him blankly. He rolled his eyes, stood up and threw himself back down on the bed, making it bounce slightly, when I just continued to stare blankly, one eyebrow arched slightly he let an exasperated sigh slip past his lips.
“Look.” He stood up and sat back down again. “I’m not going through it!” My mouth formed an ‘O’ shape, he rolled his eyes and I smiled apologetically towards my friend. I stood up and stretched, my joints clicking from being stuck in the same position all night.

I began to stroll out of my room, Frankie following, his feet not quite touching the floor. I made my way down the stairs, Frank suddenly overtook me, sliding down the banister, a small cry of joy escaping him as he sped down, then carefully hopped off at the bottom. A grin on his face, he could never do it that gracefully in life, he would either fall off of the banister, or stumble and fall on his face as he tried to hop of at the end. We entered the kitchen and I reached in a cupboard for two cereal bowls, then blushing put one back. I turned around and reached for the cereal, while I was doing this I could see Frankie out of the corner of my eye, trying to catch a drop of water from the kitchen tap. I sat down with my cereal at the breakfast table and for the first time noticed Frank’s outfit was different from last night. He was dressed in a pair of midnight black drainpipes, a electric pink belt hung loosely around his waist only actually through a few of the belt loops. On his top he wore a white t-shirt and a beaten leather jacket, on his feet a pair of Dr. Martins. I looked up from his feet and saw he had turned slightly a small smile on his face; I glanced up at his black hair and saw he had actually styled it for once. He grinned and perched himself on the edge on he table as I munched my way through my cereal.
“Your clothes have changed.” I said staring at him dumbly, my spoon hanging slightly out of my mouth. He grinned.
“You honestly didn’t think I would wear the same outfit for all eternity, did you?” I blushed and shovelled another spoonful of cereal into my mouth. If I’m honest I had always believed that ghost’s only ever wore one out fit, probably the outfit they died in…which had been scrapped last night, or a white suit…which had also been scrapped last night. He laughed and I watched as he carefully took one of my cornflakes out of my bowl and held in front of himself between his forefinger and thumb, examining it carefully, a small frown of concentration on his face, before he opened his mouth, held the corn flake above his open mouth and dropped it in. I watched perplexed for a moment, then heard the sound of the cornflake hitting the table top, he stood up and looked sadly down at the cornflake. “Damn…” He muttered. I looked up towards him, frustration shining in his eyes. “How they hell am I going to do this?” He growled, I raised an eyebrow, he began to pace up and down the kitchen, frustration seemed to radiate off of him. I sat and watched, silently chewing on the cornflakes as he paced. “I can’t do anything any more! I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, I can’t drink, I can’t smoke…” He trailed off, freezing in his tracks, a horrified expression on his face. “Oh god…” I looked at him worried.
“Frankie…What’s wrong?”
“I CAN’T HAVE SEX!” He wailed, I nearly chocked on my cornflakes, laughter erupting from the pit of my stomach, causing me to spit cornflakes everywhere. I was laughing so hard I actually fell off of my chair, once I began to calm down I looked up and saw Frankie stood there, his arms folded, a pissed expression on his face. “Oh…I’m glad you see the funny side!” Another short burst of giggles slipped out, I mean seriously, out of everything the thing he’s most distressed about is the fact he can’t have sex anymore! He just pouted at me, I sniggered, before propping myself up on my elbow.
“Well…you’ll just have to do as all us other poor, single fuckers have to do. Get reacquainted with lefty.” I said waving my left hand in the air slightly to prove my point, he narrowed his eyes.
“Ha. Ha. Ha. You know what Gee yo-“ He cut off again, another horrified expression on his face, I struggled to keep a smirk off my face.
“what?” I asked straining to keep laughter from my voice.
“I-I don’t know if I can!” That was it. I started to laughing he fell into one of the kitchen chairs, a devastated expression on his face, while I rolled in laughter he sat there fuming, raging at the ceiling, shaking his fist skywards.