Status: on hiatus for now.

I'm Just A Ghost, I Can't Hurt You...

Disapearing act

Gerards POV

The ringing of my phone made me pause in my laughter, Frank looked down towards me, his fist frozen aiming skywards mid-shake. I groaned pulling myself from the floor and walking through into the living room, I snatched th phone up from it's base not bothering to look at the caller ID.
"Hello?"
"G-Gerard?" Mikeys broken voice came through the speaker, I could tell he had been crying just from his tone.
"Mikes?" I sat down cradeling the phone by my ear, Frank walked into the room, a curious expression on his face, I mouthed 'Brother' to him, he nodded and sat down beside me.
"Oh god. I-I didn't beleive Ray when he said...It's not true right? I-its not..." He trailed off a ferw gasping sobs crackling through the line. What's not true? Frank was leant fowards so that he could hear what was being said, normally I would push him away but I was confused, Frank looked at me, when it hit me. Frank' dead and gone to every-one. Every-one but me. I swallowed, grief building inside my throat.
"I-it's true Mikey. He's-" I couldn't say it, I just couldn't he was sat infront of me. Tears trailed down my cheeks as I stared at him, my brother broke down on the other end of the line. Curseing himself.
"I s-should have stayed, I felt b-better as soon as I got h-h-home I should have stayed, I *Hick* Should have stayed.." He trailed off soft sobs the only sound on the other end of the line.
"Hush Mikey, Hush. It's not your fault...It's not. Y-you couldn't have known." Frank looked towards me, sadness resonating behind his eyes.
"Tell him to come over." He whispered. I shook my head but Frank persisted adding. "You two need each other, all of you need each other right now. The others don't know that i'm not gone. Your the only one Gerard. They need support, and you need them." I understood how they needed me right now, we were all in grieving, but how was I in need of them? I still have Frank. They do not. I simply nodded and moved the mouthpeice back over my mouth.
"Mikey, come over to mine, I'm going to call the guys." Mikey went to object but I cut over him. "mikey theres no point us all being holed up on our own sobbing. That's not what Frank would want. Come over. Please." He hesitated for a moment before agreeing.

After Mikey had hung up I glanced up and saw Frank sat in the armchair, lent fowrds examining my untouched pile of presents, he looked up towards me when he noticed I was off of the phone.
"I always hated that about you two." He commented, going back to his intense examination of my birthday gifts. I frowned in confusion.
"What?"
"I said that's what I always hated about you and Mikey, you never ever say goodbye to any-one on the phone. Used to drive me mental." He chuckled dryly. I frowned.
"okay then..." He looked up from trying to pick up one of my presents, and failing.
"No seriously, I mean why don't you?" I shrugged I genuinely didn't know why. I just never had, I guess it was one of those thing that I picked up off of my parents. He chuckled dryly and went back to poking the present. "it's bizzare. I can sit on shit and stuff, but I still can't pick anything up." He tried to run his hand over the paper the gift as wrapped in. "I can't feel anything, I can't smell...I don't know weither this is the blessing I first supposed it to be, or weither it's more of a curse." He whispered to himself. I sat in silence watching him mourn his loss of sense and touch.

he looked up suddenly, his head snapping upwards so sharply that it made me jump in my seat. He sat there in silence for a moment, simply staring ahead, his eyes distant as though he were some-were else.
"Frank?" I asked, tentativley standing and begining to move towards him, he sudenly jumped back to life, blinking a few moments before standing himself.
"I have to go some-were. I don't know when exactly I'll be back." He turned to face me, his face blank of expression, untill a cheeky smirk slipped onto his face. "Don't wait up for me." Then he was gone again. I sighed and shook my head, picking up my phone, deciding I had better call Bob and Ray before Mikey showed up.