Status: New :) Active!

Kiss and Tell

Chapter Four

Instead of crawling back into bed, I shoved ear-buds in my ear and turned up my music. I was going to unpack, seeing how I’ll be living here for God-knows how long. By the time all of my stuff was dumped out on the ground or shoved into the drawers, hours had passed.

I grabbed jeans and a top from the floor, where all my clothing always ends up, and got dressed quickly. I had makeup smeared on my face from work so I didn’t bother with anything but my hair, which I pulled into a sloppy ponytail.

I walked through the living room where Brendon and a perfectly calm girl were lounging around. I think I heard her name as Carma. No joke. Sounded like a bad stripper name from Kiss and Tell.

The was empty when I returned from my short trip to a drugstore for a few things missing from my bags that I needed. They left the door unlocked, thankfully, and a note inside. It didn’t say much, but it was written by Melanie so I knew I had missed her returning home.

Oh well. I grabbed a soda from the fridge and threw myself on the couch with the remote in my hand. I had to go into work at ten that evening and it was already going on five.

I was in the shower when they both got back. Someone pounded on the bathroom door.

“Lemme in! I have to pee like you can’t believe!” Brendon shouted. I laughed and heard Melanie doing the same on the other side of the door.

“No way! Go next door.”

“They hate me! No can do!”

They weren’t the only people around here who hated him. I stomped my foot like a child throwing a tantrum, splashing water over my already wet leg. It wasn‘t like he could see it anyway. “Well you’re not getting in here!” I called out. “Sorry.”

He busted the door open. He would have to replace that. “Like hell I’m not.” He said evilly. I sighed. There was nothing I could do now that he was in here.

“You suck. Stay on your side of the curtain.” I think he could see the outline of my body but that was it. The shower curtain was brightly colored and not see through so I think I’m good.

He let out a very loud, very exaggerated sound of relief as the tinkling started. I tried not to barf. Because I was shampooing my hair. People didn’t barf while shampooing their hair.
He really had to go. It was long minutes later that the peeing sounds finally stopped. How much did this guy drink?

But he didn’t leave.

“You don’t have a towel.”

Did I forgot that? I always forgot that. Who needed towels anyway? “I must have. Wanna grab me one?” Well, if he mentioned it, he must have wanted to help. Right?

“Or, wait for you to come out naked and dripping wet.”

I snorted. “Unlikely. Get me a towel or I’ll tell your girlfriends I’m pregnant with your child.” I threatened. I don’t know what exactly that’d do but it was the best I could manage of the top of my head. Sue me for not being creative.

He left on a huff and was back in a second, I peeked out of the curtain and he had brought me a clean fluffy white towel.

“Thanks, roomie!” I cooed at him.

As I rinsed my hair again and stood under the hot water, I thought about how much fun living with Brendon could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = fish shaped plates! and everyone loves fishy plates!