Status: New :) Active!

Kiss and Tell

Chapter Seven

…It was morning and Melanie stood in front of the couch with her mouth hanging open. I was going to comment that she looked like a fish but I reallied why she was staring.

Brendon and I were all cuddly on the couch, asleep.

I felt his arm around me and my head cushioned on his chest. Last night…the movie…the blanket…we must have fell asleep. And then this happened sometime after.

He woke up as I jerked myself upright and took all his warmth with me. He grinned lazily. “Good morning, girls.” He looked smug. I wanted to smack that look right off his face. And if Melanie hadn’t been standing there to complain about me being mean, I just might have.

I scowled at him. “I wouldn’t consider anything about this morning good.” I informed them both. “I take it you know I got sent home early,” I eyed the crumbled money she was pulling out of her boobs in envy. I could have made money last night if only I hadn’t dumped that drink. At least the guy who grabbed my ass was planning on giving me money. I would have rather dealt with him.

I would rather be doing anything else than cuddling with Brendon.

I stretched out and Melanie walked away. I turned angry eyes to him. “Enjoy yourself?” I asked, icily.

“Oh, yes, much. You’re so nice when you’re asleep. So innocent, so nice. So…unlike you. Its refreshing.” He informed me. “You’re pretty when you keep your mouth shut.” I saw a flash of amusement in his eyes as he watched my face change from shocked to annoyed.

“Was that suppose to be a compliment?”

“Take it how you want to.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’ll just take it as you’re an asshole then.” I decided. He shrugged. He didn’t care what I thought about him. Good. He shouldn’t. Or maybe he should. But I didn’t want him thinking that much about me anyway.

“I’m going to get some food.” I announced loud enough for Melanie to hear me.

“Good burger place down the street.” Brendon mumbled. “If you care.”

I sent him a smile that was meant to irritate. “Thank you, Brendy.” I cooed. “I do love a good piece of meat.” I watched him roll his eyes before I got up and went to get dressed.

Melanie joined me as I set out on a journey for food. She must have decided that eating once and a while is good for her. The skinny little body she had could use some meat on it.

Walking with Melanie is depressing. She’s covered in glitter still, her hairs a stylish mess and she didn’t know how not to attract men wherever she goes. Wearing little tiny shorts and a too-tight tshirt that didn’t quite go down to her thin hips, she didn’t exactly blend in.

The burger place was called The Green Joint and we laughed as we went in. The back corner booth had a couple making out and the workers weren’t working but throwing themselves over the counter, talking. I liked it already.

“Hot damn, look at that” One of the guys hooted quietly to the rest of them. “Where can I get one of those?”

I gave my friend a knowing glance and we ordered our food before sitting down in a booth, only to be joined moments later. We were joined by a male with short black dreads and bright baggy clothing. “If you’re new in this area, I’m your man. I’ll tell you wheres hot, whats hot, whats not hot. You want info, I got info. You want connections,” He winked. “I got your connections.”

I stifled a laugh. This was my type of person. “Alright, tell us, where can a girl go around here to get free drinks?” Not that I needed a place to go to get free drinks--I could probably go anywhere--but I wanted to know where he’d suggest.

He didn’t pause. “I bar tend at this club, right on the strip by that strip club Kiss and Tell, you come in and I’ll be sure to hook you up with some free shots. No questions asked, you just gotta look hot.” His eyes were darting hyperly between Melanie’s and mine faces but now he let his gaze drop a bit.

“Hot isn’t a problem.” Melanie flirted.

“I can see that.” He laughed. “Lookie here, I’m Frankie, whats your girls beautiful names?” Whatever this guy was on, I wanted some. Our food arrived then and I took a long drink form my milkshake as Melanie introduced herself.

“Liv,” I said next, shoving a fry into my mouth.

“Well, girl, you better live up to your name then.” He laughed loudly at his own stupid joke. I made a face and picked up my burger. “Where you ladies work?”

Melanie had a face-full of chicken sand which so I answered. “We work at that one strip club, Kiss and Tell.”

He got this look in his eyes, excited and lustful. “You all dance?”

Melanie had swallowed. “I do,” She giggled. “Its why I’m covered in glitter.” Yes, mention the glitter. “but Liv just is a cocktail waitress.” Yes, yes, make me seem less of a woman because I don’t shed my clothing on stage.

“Well girls, I gotta run but we have to get together some time and party.”

And I sincerely hoped we did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love and hate this chapter at the same time. Fun fact: the burger place in this story has its own story! I'll post it later if you're interested
comments = lovelovelovelovelove