Status: New :) Active!

Kiss and Tell

Chapter Eight

Work came and went without issue. I noticed the same guys there before flinch when Brendon brushed past them on his way to the VIP room with a dancer on his arm. A waitress caught me staring at them as they passed.

“You like him.”

I snorted. “You can’t like this guy after you live with him. He’s just fun to look at,” I won’t defend myself for staring at him. He was good looking, that was a fact. Even with his shirt on. But he's still a complete jerk

The waitress’ eyes got real big. “You live with him?” We were by the bar, taking a small breather as a new dancer stripped onstage. All the boys were glued to her for the next ten seconds and then we were back to filling drinks.

I nodded. “Yeah, Melanie probably fucked him in the VIP room our first night. He was all for us moving in.” I laughed. She didn’t.

“Brendon doesn’t have sex,” I noticed she looked offended that I thought that of him as she spoke. “in the VIP room. He’s a good guy, ya know.”

I held back a laugh. Good guy? This guy had multiple girls coming in and out of the apartment daily. He was a good manwhore, if anything. “Well, whatever happened, it got us a place to sleep at night. You should see the place, it’s a pit.”

The dancer left and only the small, lap-dancers were left and it was time to start the rounds again. As I grabbed a full pitcher of beer, I heard her mumble “I wish”

Did people actually want Brendon that bad? He wasn’t that irresistible. There were plenty of other good-looking men in this town. He was just another one. As I got back to work, the topic fled my head and I dd in’t think about Brendon again until it was time to leave.

“Hey,” Melanie had another hour left of work, but she was in the locker-room fixing her hair and makeup. “Brendon said he’s making keys today for us. He said to tell you just to knock.”

I got an evil smile. “Oh, fabulous.”

Melanie narrowed her eyes. “Be nice, Liv. He’s really not that bad, you should give him a chance.” She scolded like a mother. She was a nice girl. She didn’t like being mean to people. Why in the world we were friends was beyond me. I loved being mean to people. I could snap on my inner bitch faster than anything. She could be a bitch too, don’t get me wrong, but it took a lot to tick her off. I, on the other hand, had a short fuse.

I slipped my arms into my cropped, camouflage jacket. “Don’t worry. As long as he dozen’t have a repeat of last time, his balls won’t get cut off.” She gave me another look. “Hey, I wasn’t the one who was going to cut them off! Some blonde slut was.”

She rolled her eyes and sprayed herself with perfume. “Gotta go, love.” She kissed my cheek and disappeared. She amazed me sometimes.

I walked towards home but didn’t make it there. I was kidnapped on the way, but I didn’t mind one bit. I was dragged to a run-down apartment, very unlike the one I lived in. It was one-bedroom but the place was crammed with people. No furniture. No tv. Only a very impressive sound-system and a fridge. Maybe a microwave.

Everyone was laughing, having a good time. It wasn’t like a party where people were grouped off, everyone was circled around, passing a joint, talking in one big conversation.

I feel like I walked into druggie-heaven.

Frankie gave me a huge grin and a wink. “Girlie, meet the gang. Yo, people, this is Liv!” The all waved in-sync with each other. I smiled at them all. They kind of reminded me of Oompa Lumpa’s. They all worked so perfectly together.

“You smoke?” A guy with a hoarse voice and bad facial hair asked as I took a seat in the circle next to Frankie.

I shook my head. “Used to, decided I liked my brain and stopped.”

He gave me a lopsided smile, showing me those yellowed teeth. “Smart girl.”

The conversation turned to Kiss and Tell. That’s something I could join in on. I asked a simple question and they gave me the run-down on every single girl who worked there. Even Melanie, who they had nothing bad to say about. They didn’t mention me, though, but I was rift there, so maybe they were a bit scared too.

“Does anyone know Brendon?” I ventured, hoping they did. Maybe they could tell me more about who I was living with.

All the girls faces lit up and the guys went down. I heard grumbles of “yes” and whispers of “not well enough.” Brendon certainly got around.

“He’s a player, clean and simple.”

“Great guy, awesome lover.”

“He took my sisters virginity and now she’s a crack-whore.”

“Not his fault your sister got obsessed with him and turned to crack to take her mind off how much she wanted him.”

But that was all stuff I knew. No one had anything else to say about him. They couldn’t even tell me where he worked. Or if he worked.

Then there was a loud knock on the door. Frankie went to get it and laughed when he saw who it was. “Brendon, my man, we were just talking about you.”

“Only good things, I hope.” I heard his over-confident voice sliced through the smoke. Everyone got real quiet. “Is Liv here? She didn’t come home from work.”

Girls eyes darted towards me with jealously.

“What are you, my mother?”

I could almost hear him roll his eyes. As he asked me if I wanted to go go with as he made the keys, I caught a glimpse of his face.

Was Brendon worried?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, I loved this chapter. Sorry for the swearing, I don't usually like swearing in stories but I've been in the swearing mood all day and it showed as I wrote this.
Comments if you mind it and comment if you don't :)