Status: Complete

Merlin

Witchcraft In The Woods

There was a loud thud at the door and the sound of metal creaking, I groaned and turned to get away from the noise.

"Lady Sarah...Lady Sarah are you alright?" A familiar voice called through the door.

How did I know that voice? Was it...oh Arthur! I shot up and tried to get out of the tangle of covers and fell off the side of the bed with an 'oomph'.

"Lady Sarah?"

"Yes! Yes I'm fine!" I said and stood up.

I rushed about and tried to get a dress on but I struggled with the bindings at the back. I felt so distressed for someone who just woke up and eventually I went to the door where Arthur waited with two guards and I held the dress in place.

"I think I need some help with this dress" I said.

"Oh...well...I shall fetch someone" Arthur blushed.

I smiled sleepily at his embarressment and nodded and waited till he got a woman to come help me. Once I was ready the woman brushed through my hair and pinned it up for me then got me a bowl of water to wash my face and some perfumes. I didn't like all the fuss but it was nice being treated like royalty. Eventually I left with Arthur and horses where waiting outside. I grinned.

"Merlin showed me your horses the other day at the stable while he was working, they're gorgeous!" I stroked a brown Mare's long face.

"As long as he didn't try and barter off his work to you, I'm glad he did" Arthur said.

I laughed and bit my lip thinking; "I wonder what he would say if he found out I'd done most of the work but Merlin never asked me to?"

I was shakey when I got on the horse, I'd always wanted to go proper horse riding but I was never allowed and the horse ridding I did do was with someone walking beside me holding the reins! Arthur set out and I stayed where I was, Arthur turned around.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah...just...I haven't been horse ridding in such a long time" I took a deep breath.

I flicked the reins slightly and gave a little nudged with the heel of my foot and the horse started to move. I gasped and felt my arms go weak as she moved forward towards Arthur and stopped. Arthur looked at me with a peculiar smile.

"What?" I asked.

"A Lady like yourself hasn't been horse ridding in a while?" He asked.

"Yes..." I said suddenly unsure.

"How did you get to Camelot?" He asked.

"I walked" I said.

Memories came flooding back, I was supposed to have been robbed that's why I was walking!

"I mean well, I had my horse, that was until I was robbed and well it was a scary experiance" I said.

"Ah I see, it's put you off slightly?" He asked.

"Yes!" I smiled then stoped and cleered my throat.

Arthur looked at me funny. I paniced.

"I just like it when..people understand me is all" I blushed.

Arthur smiled and then reached across and held my hand.

"You'll be fine, if you feel as though you can't handle it we can stop and rest a while until you feel able again alright?" He smiled.

I looked into Arthur's eyes and saw he was exactly like Merlin had said. He only acted like a spoiled rich kid well because he was one but he was learning to open up more and be kinder to people and more leanient. I smiled at him.

"Thank you Sire" I said.

Arthur smiled, squeezed my hand then let go and we set off. I got the hang of it pretty quickly and was soon racing Arthur through the woods. Arthur was more serious then I was and asked me to stop, he was worried incase I fell off.

We eventually stopped and went for a walk, Arthur was going to show me a small area where we could sit and have a picnic. As we walked and Arthur carried the basket he told me about his family history and I listened polietly, most of the stroies I'd heard from Merlin but it was good to hear both sides of the stories. We sat down on this beautiful bank and set up the picnic and I suddenly felt concious, I didn't know these woods, there were beasts in here that perhaps we couldn't see...but they could see us!

"Stay here, I'll be right back" Arthur said and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked confussed.

He paused for a second.

"To check on the horses" He smiled.

I nodded and he ran off towards the horses. I sat there on my own looking around for any sign that there was a beast near by, and in my looking I spotted a shadow across the river. I felt the hairs on my arm and neck stand on end as I watched the shadow move and then a cloaked figure came into view and I started to calm down; it was just a passer by.

"Sorry, the horses are fine" Arthur said as he returned.

I hushed him as he sat next to me again and he looked at me funny.

"What? What's the matter?" He asked confussed.

I pointed to the figure I found out to be a woman and I could hear humming. I was mesmerised by her humming, it sounded so loud for someone way across the river.

"It's just a gypsy"

And that's when she turned so quickly that her hood fell down and she looked at us, how could she see us from so far away? Especially at her age? She was always crouched over and moved slowly as if an older person in their seventies or eighties. We could see the outline of her face and it was very old and wrinkled, she held something in her hand made of straw and I realised I knew this woman, it was the old lady Merlin and I bumped into!

"We have to get out of here!" I said in a harsh whisper.

"Why? It's just some old lady" Arthur snorted.

I stood up and looked across at her and felt all the panic welling up insde my chest making me so scared.

"No Arthur you don't understand...she has a voodoo doll in her hands!" I said and pointed.

Arthur looked, but then it was too late and he was pinned to the ground. I heard the woman humming again and it got louder. I screamed and grabbed Arthur's arms as he too struggled to get up.

"Sarah run! Get help from the Castle!" Arthur said.

"She might kill you by then!"

"Well don't let her kill you too, just go get help!" He said.

I felt torn between staying or getting help when the woman appeared beside us and with a blast of wind I was flung against a tree and I couldn't move.