Status: Complete

Merlin

To The Rescue

I raced into Camelot, scarring some people out of the way so as not to run them over. I was full of adrenalin and I was worrying; what was happening to Arthur right now?

I got off the horse once the guards stopped me at the gates to the castle and they questioned me and I ran from them to where I knew Gaius would be. I slammed open the door and took deep breaths; I was so unfit!

"Sarah! What's going on? I thought you where out with Arthur?" He asked.

"I was! We...were attacked...by...a woman...a wtich!" I gasped.

I doubled over and got my breath back. Gaius advanced towards me.

"What?!" He asked.

"A witch woman person thing! She attacked us in the woods, Arthur's trapped! she's holding him down with a mind control thing!" I was almost screaming.

"Calm down...now...where are they?" He asked placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Somewhere in the woods...I only know how to get there" I said.

I was starting to breakdown, panic and worry flooding through me, tears welling up and my chest heaving as I started to hyperventalate.

"Breahte...breathe!" Gaius told me.

I tried to calm and breath but I was still panicing.

"Why did she let you go?" Gaius asked.

"I tricked her into thinking I was also out to seek revenge on Uther by killing Arthur and told her I'd go get Uther to come back to the woods and witness his son being burned at the stake...the one she's making to kill Arthur with!" I gasped for breath after squeezing that all out.

Gaius was slack-jawed and gaping.

"Gaius...I'm scared" I whimpered.

"I came to get Merlin...he would know what to do" I said.

"He...he should be at Arthur's chamber cleaning...hurry!" Gaius started to push me to the door.

I ran to the opened door and turned left and bumped into Gwen. I grabbed her arms tightly so she wouldn't fall.

"Sarah?" she asked confussed.

"I'm so sorry! I have to go!" I called and ran from her.

I got so many weird looks from guards and servants as I pushed past them and ran up to Arthur's room. I burst in and Merlin yelled and fell over Arthur's bed. Things fell to the floor and I looked around for him amungst the falling objects.

"Merlin?!" I asked paniced.

"Sarah? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"You have to help me! Arthur is stuck, trapped by this witch woman that sent me to get Uther to come watch as she burned him like Uther burned witches!" I explained.

"What?!" He asked.

"You have to come!" I said and ran towards him and grabbed his arm.

I dragged him by the arm all the way to the front of the castle and got on the horse and told him to climb on too.

"Can you ride a horse?" He asked confussed.

"We do have horses in my time Merlin" I rolled my eyes.

Merlin got on and wrapped his arms around my waist. I grabbed the reins and set off as fast as we could go. We got so close when Merlin made us stop and he got off the horse.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Tears had been streaming down my face since we left the castle with the wind and worry of Arthur.

"I can't show up there with you. I'll help from far away, when you see me coming though, you have to distract the woman until I can get Arthur and get him to a safe place away from us so I can use magic against her" Merlin explained.

I nodded and set off on the horse; not as fast. Once I got there the woman had knocked Arthur unconcious and had tied him to a pole in amungst a pile of branches and twiggs. I gasped and bit my lip.

"Where is Uther?" She asked.

"He is behind telling the guards to stay at a perimeter...I told him it was something personal and not for the guards ears so they couldn't interfere with our plans" I lied.

"Very well..." She grinned and started to chant an enchantment.

I watched as the wind grew stronger and the leaves on the ground started to lift and twirl in the air. It looked like a small vortex of dust, leaves, twiggs and unfortunate bugs and it suddenly caught fire and set the base of the pyramid of twiggs on fire!

"Oh Merlin please hurry!" I whispered.