Status: Complete

Merlin

Being A Distraction Has It's Downfalls

The fire spurted into life then blazed up the twigs in no time at all. I couldn't breathe, what could I do?! The woman turned back to me and gave me a funny look.

"You don't seem rejoiced girl." She mused.

I shook my head and forced a smile.

"I've never taken part in killing someone before" I said.

The woman nodded.

"Perhaps that is the case..." She trailed off.

"Or perhaps your a liar!" She screamed and I was blasted into a tree.

The woman was then above me and grabbed me by the top of my dress. I was slammed against the tree again. The pain was actually unbelievable! She must have been using magic as well to increase the pain.

"Who did you summon at the castle?" She hissed.

"N-n-no one!" I stammered.

"Lies!"

Her voice was going so high-pitched, it was as though she was a Banshee! I covered my ears and then growled and punched her in the face. The woman dropped me and I landed on my feet. I landed with one foot on top of a tree root and one of the ground so I lost my footing and twisted my ankle. I gasped and fell forward.

"Wretch!" The witch screamed.

She was a good few feet away from me and I could see a trickle of blood coming from her nose and I felt proud, until she started to chant in Old English! I got ready to try and jump out of the way of her directed hit when she was attacked from behind by Merlin!

The woman fell forward and Merlin stood there looking slightly out of breath. I looked up at him with a grin on my face and then looked at the crackling fire; Merlin forgot Arthur!

"Merlin!" I screeched and he turned and looked.

Merlin jumped as his memory came back and he ran towards the fire with his hand out stretched. I just stood and watched.

"Mirus Sang Mirra!" The woman hissed and I felt my feet get suddenly hot.

I looked down at the bottom of the dress and saw a small fire starting, my mouth hung open.

"What the hell?!" I shouted and looked around for water or a stream.

The witch was about to chant another spell when Merlin's hand stretched out towards her and he chanted another spell. I tried to take the dress off but it was bound at the back. I felt my legs burning like made, in fact, I couldn't feel my legs! I began crying as I couldn't get the dress off and panic took over my emotions.

"Sarah!" I heard Merlin shout.

I tried to look over him but the fire had started to spread up the dress and then skewered my vision!

"Kill her Merlin! The witch is still alive!" I shouted and dropped the the ground and hoped the term 'stop, drop and roll' would help.

I heard another spell by the woman's voice and then a counter from Merlin. Another two spells were uttered from both the witch and Merlin; then a scream that died on the wind. the flames started to die down and the wind blew the rest of them out. I lay on the floor panting.

"Sarah!" Merlin shouted.

He shouted when he was right next to me. I could barely hear anything and my legs started to sting with a defiant pain. I couldn't even scream. Merlin's lips moved and I tried hard to pick up what he was saying. I think it was along the lines of; 'don't worry we'll get Gaius to help you'.

I only nodded and looked Merlin in the eyes, they flashed gold and I blacked out.