Status: Complete

Merlin

Aftermath

I woke up feeling cold but it felt nice. I sighed and opened my eyes just to force them shut tight again; man was it bright! I groaned and tried to pen my eyes again, but I couldn't. I could hear sirens and shouting, I frowned; they didn't have sirens back then!

"Sarah, Sarah we need you to hold on, can you do that for us? That's right breathe" A voice said.

"Sarah I'm so sorry!"

I frowned, the second voice was so familiar.

"Cassie?" I asked weakly.

"Sarah!" Two other voices shouted

"Hold on"

There was a clashing of metal behind me and I felt my heart race, none of this mad sense! Where was I? Who was there? I was frightened. Everything turned into white noise and then silence again. I could only hear my heart beating and my breathing. I sighed in relief of the silence.

"Sarah...Sarah!"

I jolted up and awake. The light wasn't as bright as it had been before but I still winced. I looked around and everything came into focus. I looked up and saw five people surrounding my bed. I went wide eyed and covered myself with some covers. I looked up at Merlin who knew why I was trying to hide my torso, in case my band t-shirt was on but it clearly wasn't.

"Are you alright?" Uther asked.

"Do you feel any pain at all?" Gaius asked.

I nodded then shook my head and lay back down. I then realised I couldn't really feel my legs. I looked down at the covers; couldn't see anything. I rolled my eyes and lifted the cover and gasped; they were slightly burned, you could barely see it, but I could pick it out easily.

"What happened?" I asked and tried to remember.

"We were attacked in the forest" Arthur said.

I then remembered the witch. I gasped and covered my mouth, everyone looked at me a little taken back but they understood me. I pointed at Arthur.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Fortunately I was unharmed...unfortunately...I couldn't help you" He hung his head.

"No, no! You did everything you could!" I assured him.

"If it wasn't for Merlin showing up like he did, you two could have died!" Gwen said.

Uther looked at her and she bowed her head respectfully.

"It is true though father. If it wasn't for Merlin attacking that woman from behind with that log then we'd be gone." Arthur said.

I felt dizzy and wheezy. I tried to cough and clear my throat but it came out as though I was being strangled.

"Lady Sarah!"

"Sarah" They shouted at the same time.

I could see Uther looking at Merlin as though to say 'why is a servant being so informal with our guest?' He must have forgotten I was supposed to be his cousin.

I felt Gaius's old wrinkled hand touch my head.

"She has a fever"

I gasped and coughed then everything went white.

Beep...Beep...Beep

"She's stable now. You can see her"

"Thank you Doctor. What exactly happened?" I heard an old, worried voice ask.

"Well, she was blindfolded in the woods. Sarah and her friends were playing a game, they hid her backpack and she had to go look for it. She tripped over something and must of smacked her head off a tree and fallen and hit her head on a rock." The Doctor said.

I gasped and felt my whole body lurch up.

I heard Merlin, Gaius, Gwen, Arthur and Uther gasp. I hit the bed again and felt everything calm down. I sighed and opened my eyes slowly.

"I hit my head." I whispered.

"What?"Merlin asked.

"I tripped on a log and bumped my head on a tree then a rock..." I started to feel my head.

"I think she's having visions. I think it's best we'd leave her to rest. I'll tend to her" Gaius said.

"I'll help" Merlin said.

I shook my head and sighed, I needed to sleep. What was happening to me? What was the real world? How do I get back to my friends? Do I want to go back to my friends?

Boy I had some thinking to do.