Status: Complete

Merlin

Stuck In The Middle

When we got back to the castle Arthur helped me off the horse and I thanked him. I felt bad and kept my head down, I wouldn't leave the horses side either. I stroked the horse as Arthur spoke to a servant nearby. The servant took the horse away and Arthur started to walk away, and I followed obediently, I had to talk to him.

"Arthur?" I asked quietly.

"What?" He snapped in an angry voice.

I felt angry myself all of a sudden.

"Why is this taking such a hit on you? What reason do you have to be upset?" I asked.

"It's not" He said stubbornly.

"It's not eh? Well if it wasn't then you would stop and talk to me! Instead of walking away like a little boy whose toy was taken from him" I stopped and crossed my arms.

Arthur stopped and walked over to me.

"You seem to forget that your talking to a Prince" He hissed.

"And you seem to forget that your talking to a Lady"

Arthur glared slightly and growled then started to walk away again. I followed him regardless. Although once we got to his chambers, he slammed the door and I glared, so just to annoy him more, I followed in after him anyway.

"Do you mind?!" He bellowed as he was topless.

"No I don't actually, and I'm not going to leave you till you talk to me about this" I said.

Arthur groaned and threw his top on to the bed.

"He's my servant! You kissed my servant, he shouldn't be competition, I'm more compatible" Arthur said.

"Arthur!" I squealed appalled.

"He's your friend!

"Servant, first and foremost" Arthur murmured.

"That's despicable!"

"That's the way it is" Arthur said.

"I thought he was your cousin?" Arthur added.

"No, we've known each other so long that we're like cousins" I corrected.

Arthur nodded not really caring.

"I can't believe how your acting! You hardly know me"

Arthur opened his mouth to reply then shut it again when he saw I was right.

"You've known me for such a small time and you'll let your lust come in between you and Merlin? You can't be compatible much if your willing to give up friendship like that" I indicated that with a click of my fingers.

Arthur sighed.

"I'm leaving in a few days anyway, and then everything can go back to normal" I said and got up to leave.

"Sarah, you don't have to leave, I'm sorry, your right, I can't let this come between Merlin and I...even if he is my servant" He said.

I turned and smiled at him.

"Thank you Arthur, but I'm due to leave soon anyway" I said.

"Oh, well I won't further discomfort your visit" He bowed his head slightly.

"Thank you Arthur, I'll leave then and leave you be..." I bowed and walked towards the door.

"Sarah?" Arthur asked

"Yeah?" I opened the door and turned round.

Arthur strode over to me and took me up in his arms. I knew what was happening but I couldn't stop it! Arthur leaned in and kissed me, but I was too shocked to pull away and when Arthur stopped he just looked into my eyes looking for an answer.

"Arthur..." I didn't know what to say.

Arthur looked from me to something behind me. I knew who it was and when I looked I broke free from Arthur.

"Merlin!" I shouted.

"It's not what it looks like" Arthur started to shout.

Merlin nodded and started to walk away. I started to panic, everything was going wrong! How was I going to fix this? I was splitting up the legendary Merlin and Arthur! But what about me was making this happen? Was this supposed to happen, to test their friendship, so it wasn't really me, it was just destiny? I wish I knew! I wish I could go home so all this could be fixed, but when would I get home?

"She's stressed, she must be having dreams or serious thought"

"Is she waking up?"

"Hard to say I'm afraid"


"Mum?" I asked aloud.

My eyes fluttered and my hearing went, suddenly it went dark and I could feel a slight breeze on my skin, then nothing.