Status: Complete

Merlin

Wake Up!

"I'm going out" I called as I opened the front door.

"No you're not! Get back in here!" My mum shouted.

I sighed and closed the door and crossed my arms as she walked over to me.

"Why not?!" I asked annoyed.

"You have been going to those woods everyday since you got out of hospital! I will not let you go back there anymore! Every time you go you come back more depressed than ever!"

"I do not! You don't understand" I sighed and opened the door.

"Sarah! Sarah!" My mum grabbed the back of my t-shirt.

"Let go of me!" I shouted.

I pulled away form her and glared. She looked so shocked.

"I will not let Arthur and Merlin fall out because of me! I can't let that happen." I told her.

I knew she wouldn't understand but I told her anyway and made my way up the path and out the gate to the car. I needed to get there as soon as possible.

I got to the woods and walked about, trying to retrace my steps. I found the area they had said they found me lying and sat on a near by log. It had been two weeks since I had last seen Merlin and Arthur, Gaius and Uther; I missed them. I sat sullen on the log with my hand holding my head up as I remembered everything that had happened. It was so surreal and unbelievable, but I had scars to prove it! I looked over my arms that were covered in fading scratch marks and yellow bruises. I sighed; perhaps they really were just form my fall and I had an over-active imagination while I was comatose. I pushed myself up and stood up rubbing my hands on my trousers taking one more look around.

"I guess it was just a dream" I sighed and started to make my way up the hill back to the car.

"I hope you wake up..."

I stopped and looked back round looking for whoever said that.

"I agree...my father and Gaius have been talking about...killing her"

"What?! Why?!"

"She hasn't woke up for two weeks Merlin! Perhaps she'll never wake up...I don't think she's even been able to even take that formula Gaius and you have been giving her"

"She has been, if she hasn't been she'd be dead now"

"Either way...if she doesn't wake up soon...


"Whose saying that? Arthur?" I asked and looked around.

I waited for a while for anymore voices but I couldn't hear anything and made my way back to the car. I checked the time and shook my head, as I'd suspected I'd actually spent three hours in the woods. I was half way home when I realised how stupid I was acting; visiting a woods that I'd fallen in for voices to come and take me back to the mythical Saxon times.

"See you're always depressed when you come back!" My mum shouted.

"I wasn't until you said that!" I shouted back angrily.

My mum started to rant and rave about my attitude and behaviour since I woke up and how much she wasn't liking it. I ignored her as she followed me upstairs. I went straight to my room and locked the door, where she banged on it for ages and shouted through. Although that's when I started to feel slightly faint and warm.

"Mum...I think I'm f-f-fainting..." I whispered.

She continued to bang on the door not listening to me. I took deep breaths and touched my forehead.

"Come on Sarah! Wake up! Uther's coming you have to wake up!"

No! Uther can't kill me! I could feel my heart racing.

"Herscathette"

I gasped for breath and sat up, choking and spluttering. Someone patted my back roughly and I finally calmed down and could breath normally. I sat up straight and looked to my left as they sat next to me. I looked down at the bed I sat on, it was very old fashioned. I felt a smile on my face and turned to look up to Merlin smiling back at me.

"I'm so happy to be back!" I shouted and jumped on him in a hug.