Status: Complete

Merlin

Mysterious Man

I followed behind Uther and Arthur trying to get a hold of their conversation but it was very hard to hear them over the sobs of Lady Trisha. A few times Arthur 's head turned as if to look back at me so I would hide behind pillar's or other walls, after following them to Gaius's room I left it there and went back out into the courtyard. I knew there was something off putting about Lady Trisha, but there was nothing I could do about it right now. I decided to look for Gwen or Lady Morgana when I bumped into someone who was covered in a cloak.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Ti's quite alright madam, it is I who should appologise" He bowed so low that I blushed a little.

He then continued on his way towards the castle, walking with his back arched and a slight limp. I kept walking towards Gwen's house. When I got there and I knocked she answered with a look of annoyance and I frowned at her.

"Oh, Lady Sarah, sorry. Do come in" She moved and opened the door wider.

I bowed my head as I went in as a tank you and I sat at her table.

"Gwen, can I speak to you, not as a Lady but just as one woman to another?" I asked.

"Yes of course" She said sitting with me.

"Have you ever gotten the feeling that someone is not all they seem to be?"

"Ha! You get a lot of that around here, what with all the sorcerer's and witches!" She said.

"Did you know Lady Trisha or Tregon arrived here today in tatters, covered with cuts and bruises?" I asked.

"Oh dear! Perhaps it was the same bandits that did it to you" Gwen mused.

My heart jumped at the thought, I then remembered the web of lies Merlin and I had woven when I first arrived in Camelot.

"Yes, well. I get the feeling she isn't all that she seems to be..."

"What's that?" Gwen asked confused.

"I'm not sure...I saw something change in Merlin and Gaius's eyes when they looked at her...she didn't look very pretty from all the blood and that so I don't see how it could be attraction" I said.

"Are you sure your not just jealous?" Gwen asked with a playful tone.

I smiled back at her and giggled.

"Oh yes very, how dare Gaius stare at another woman like that!"

"I meant Merlin" Gwen grinned cunningly.

Again my heart jumped, had word got out that Merlin and I kissed in the woods? I shook my head and laughed; of course not, she was just teasing.

"Nah, I like them older" I said and pretended to be being sick.

Gwen laughed and got up.

"I'm not sure, if you'd like, I can keep an eye out and tell you if anything strange goes on?"

"Please! I'd like to know if I'm just being silly or if something is actually going on" I nodded.

We said goodbye and I left, for now I was going to Gaius's chamber and going to keep an eye on her myself. On my way back to the castle I once again bumped into the same man I had bumped into going to Gwen's.

"Beg pardon Lady Sarah" He said and bowed and walked away.

I heard something drop to the floor and I ran over and picked it up. It was a small crystal covered in a cloth. I opened it up and I saw the jewel glow. Something about it made me want to hide the crystal, I could feel something screaming in my head that I should go to the Great Dragon with it...but I didn't want to.