Status: Complete

Merlin

Figured Out The Plan

I ran back to the castle with the crystal in my hands and went straight to my room. What should I do? This crystal was not mine and I didn't trust it..but why wasn't I getting rid of it? I placed it on the table in my room and walked away from it staring at it. What should I do?

Keep it. Hold it. Feel it's power

I nearly screamed as the voice spoke to me, it was not my own. I knew what I had to do, I had to give it to Uther! I had to get rid of it, destroy it. I picked it up using the cloth to stop me touching the rock it's self. As I was leaving my room and opened the door there was someone standing there and I bumped into them. They made an ‘oomph’ as I fell back and dropped the crystal onto the floor. I yelped as it cracked but didn’t smash and rolled along the floor.

“I’m so sorry mi’lady! I’ll get that!” Gwen said.

Gwen bent to get it and I tried to stop her before her hand touched it, but she grabbed it and her body stiffened. I gasped as she then stood straight and covered the crystal with her hand and looked at me.

“I’ll dispose of it for you” She said.

I shook my head and looked into her eyes, they were dull and glazed over; she was enchanted. I knew the stone was magic! Gwen turned to leave.

“No Gwen, look at me!” I grabbed her and spun her to face me.

“Yes Mi’lady?” She asked.

“You’ve been enchanted! Can’t you tell?”

“I’ve not been enchanted ma’am...are you feeling alright? Would you like me to fetch Gaius?”

“No...I’ll get him” I let her go and followed her out of the room and closed my door.

I followed her down the corridor and then grabbed her again when she was heading her own way.

“Let go of me!” She said.

“No, you have to come to Gaius’ with me, he’ll know what to do” I said.

I shook my head as I felt a tingle at the back of my head and thought I heard a whisper of the same voice that frightened me. We got to Gaius’ room and I knocked and barged in. Gaius dropped his tongs.

“Lady Sarah, are you alright? Gwen?” He asked looking confused.

“Gaius, Gwen’s been enchanted! You have to help her” I said.

“I’ve not been enchanted!”

“Yes you have” I said and knocked the stone from her hands onto the table.

“Hey!”

Gaius eyed up the stone.

“I don’t know what it is Gaius, but I know it’s dangerous and if you touch it you become enchanted...but I don’t know what kind of enchantment”

“How do you know it’s enchanted?”

“When Gwen touched it she stiffened and her eyes are all glazed over and dull”

“Thank you!” Gwen said annoyed.

Gaius looked between us and then down at the stone. Just then there was a slight knock on the door and the clatter of heels hitting the floor. There was a scent in the air that was something like Lavender and I turned to see Lady Trisha. I narrowed my eyes at her as Gwen bowed and I looked at Gaius...his eyes changed again! His face broke out in a smile.

“Hello, I’m Lady Trisha...I heard that someone recovered my sleeping crystal” She smiled.

“Yes Ma’am Lady Sarah found it” Gwen looked back at me, she too had a huge smile on her face.

Lady Trisha smiled and looked at the crystal then to me.

“Thank you so much for finding it, or I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight” She said.

Her face had little red lines across it and one long scar along her jawline and she walked with a slight limp but apart from that she looked fine. Gaius picked up the crystal and he too stiffened lightly then regained normality and handed the crystal to Lady Trisha.

“Thank you Gaius, Gwen would you mind coming to help me?”

“Of course mi’lady” She smiled and left the room with her.

Once the door closed I turned to Gaius and saw him staring after the door as though he was in love with it.

“Gaius!” I waved frantically at him.

His eyes too were glazed over, he looked at me a little bit annoyed.

“What is it?”

“It doesn’t matter...you’ve been enchanted too”

“Don’t be ridiculous! It was a sleeping crystal nothing more”

“Yeah” I shook my head and turned to leave.

What the hell was going on? I needed Merlin. I needed someone. I ran out of the room and down the halls, tripping on my dress so I hoisted it up and ran for it. I got lots of looks from some guards and some passing servants. A few guards called after me but I ignored them and kept running. I checked all over the castle for Merlin and couldn’t find him. I ended up going to Arthur’s room but only Arthur was in.

“Lady Sarah, what’s the matter?” He asked.

“Where’s Merlin?” I asked.

“He should be out mucking my horse stables right now”

I nodded and turned to leave when Arthur grabbed me. I looked into his eyes and saw they weren’t glazed over. I felt a jolt of hope and the adrenaline that pumped through me made me push Arthur into his room and close the doors behind me. When I turned, Arthur had a surprised look on his face.

“I’m not very accustomed to girls pushing me into my bedroom” He said with a smile.

I couldn’t help but giggle a little at the joke but then serious matters took over.

“Arthur something’s happening to everyone, Lady Trisha...she can’t be trusted. She has this crystal-“

“Those are serious accusations Lady Sarah” Arthur said seriously.

“I know! But please listen! I found this crystal and I could tell just by looking at it that it was enchanted and Gwen touched it her eyes changed and she went stiff but then she went back to normal...I don’t know exactly what it does but I know it’s not good”

“I think your minds running away with you” He said and rolled his eyes.

“No really”

Arthur stood so close to me and looked down into my eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat slightly, just as he opened his mouth to say something someone knocked the door. I could see the light in his eyes dim a little at the interuptance and I took a deep breath s he answered.

“Hello Arthur” Lady Trisha’s voice drawled.

Was she going to turn up everywhere I went? Everywhere I sought help?

“Lady Trisha” Arthur said.

His voice had changed half way through the sentence. I walked over to the door and looked into her eyes, there was something off about them.

“Lady Sarah, what a surprise” She said in a voice so full of fake surprise.

“You too”

I looked at Arthur and pushed by him a little so I could see into his eyes, they’d dulled and glazed.

“Arthur I was wondering if you would be so kind as to accompany me on a small tour around Camelot, I would like to see much more of it” She said.

“Of course” He smiled and extended his arm. Without even a second thought of me.

“Would you like to accompany us also Lady Sarah?” She asked.

Arthur turned with a huge grin on his face.

“No thanks...”

They nodded and walked off. That was it! The look he was giving her! It was as though he was in love with her...and so did Gaius! It wasn’t the door it was her! That was her plan, get everyone in Camelot to fall in love with her...so she could be Queen! But not if I could help it.