Status: Complete

Merlin

Uh Oh

Bernaus restith

I jumped up from my bed gasping. That voice was not my own, nor one I have familiarity with. My heart beat fast and I could feel fear and panic grip my chest like a vice. I looked around for the source of the voice but no one was in my chamber with me. Once I calmed down I took a few deep breaths and lay back in my bed. The words they spoke did not sound nice but i didn't understand them so I couldn't be sure. I had never dreamed of such a language before but I shook my head and disregarded it going back to sleep.

I felt someone shake my arm and I jumped in fright and saw it was my maid. After helping me get dressed in a dress Merlin had bought for me and some of the Lady Morgana's shoes. I started to feel a little light headed and nauseous, I couldn't wait for breakfast. I ran along to Gaius's chambers before going for lunch to talk to Merlin and find out anything I could. When I got there Merlin had already gone to work so Gaius smiled at me and bid me good morning.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"A little, I do feel a bit sick and light headed but I'll be alright thank you" I smiled.

"That's good, you did bump your head quite hard" He said sternly.

"Yeah, thank you for helping me" I smiled.

"Not a problem"

I left and went to breakfast. Arthur, Uther and Lady Trisha where already at the table their eyes glazed and hers bright with mischief. they greeted me and I sat down to eat. I looked up and saw Lady Trisha smiling at me and I glared at her.

"I heard you took a nasty fall yesterday, are you alright?" Uther asked.

"Yes my Lord, thank you"

"I do hope it will not hinder you a great deal"

"Thank you my Lord" I nodded and smiled.

He smiled back and we ate. I went to take a sip of my water but something made me look up at Lady Trisha, she was staring at me with eyes that dared me to drink it. I put my chalice down and glared at her questioningly; she looked away.

"My Lord may I please be excuse?" I asked.

"Of course" He nodded.

Leaving the hall I took my chalice with me and turned back quickly.

"Arthur, where's Merlin?" I asked.

"He should be about somewhere I'm not too sure where" He shrugged.

I heard a small cough from Lady Trisha and I looked at he; she was smiling.

No! She can't have done something to him! I had to find him! I had to help him! I ran to Gaius' room and stopped before I knocked. I moved so fast my head was spinning. After I took a few deep breaths I knocked and went in.

"Gaius where's -" I stopped.

Merlin was standing there with his top off and his hands cupped dripping with water. My chest relaxed and my shoulders dropped.

"I was so worried about you! I thought she'd gotten you!" I said.

"How so?" He asked.

"You weren't anywhere to be found and when I asked where you were she coughed and smiled"

"I think you're getting a bit paranoid" He smiled.

"It's not a joke Merlin" I stuck my tongue out.

Merlin finished washing and dried his face. I placed the chalice down and stretched my arms then pointed to it.

"Does Uther know you took that with you?" Merlin asked.

"Yeah why?"

"He doesn't usually let you leave with things you have to finish it off in the hall"

"Well it was important, I think Lady Trisha poisoned it"

"Poisoned it?" He asked.

"yes, I was going to ask if you could test if for me and see if I was right then I'd be able to prove it!"

"You couldn't, you'd need to be able to prove it was her that put it in your drink, did you see her do it?"

"...No..." I sighed.

"All we can prove is that someone tried to poison you"

"yeah I guess...it would be a start though"

"You want me to test it? Well thank you very much for wanting me to die!" He suddenly shouted.

"No like that!" You're Gaius' assistant surely you know some experiments you could run?" I asked.

"I was joking, I knew what you meant. Of course I can" He smiled.

"Thank you"

For the next few hours Merlin stopped started and messed up experiments, but in the end Merlin declared it was just water.

"She must be playing mind games with you" Merlin suggested.

"Probably, but I bet if it came down to a real fight I'd kick her ass" I growled.

"Calm down" Merlin laughed.

"Since it's just water, I guess it'll be safe to drink" Merlin said grabbing the chalice.

"No!" I said as he gulped it down.

He licked his lips and we waited; nothing.

"See, just water" He smiled.

My chest relaxed and I sighed. We cleared up a little bit then headed for the door, Merlin had chores and I had to come up with another plan to stop Lady Trisha.

"Thanks for sticking with me and putting up with my paranoia Merlin" I smiled.

"It's no problem" He smiled and looked at me.

We should have separated then and there but we just couldn't stop starring at each other. My hands got a little clammy and my heart rate increased, would he kiss me? As if answering my question Merlin started to lean forward and pucker his lips, I closed my eyes and waited. Suddenly I was knocked off balance and fell backwards onto the ground, making sure not to bump my head again I ended up bumping it off Merlin's. I screamed as he lay on top of me; Merlin had fainted.