Status: Complete

Merlin

A Chance

I screamed so loud that all the guards near the Gaius's chambers came to my aid.

"Merlin?! Merlin?!" I shouted and shook him pushing him off me.

The guards surrounded us, dropping their weapons and picking Merlin up and helping me stand.

"My Lady are you alright?"

"What happened My Lady?"

The guards holding Merlin walked into Gaius's chamber and took Merlin into Gaius's bed. I ran in with them and knelt beside the bed. One of the guards had sent for the Prince and I'm guessing the King.

"My Lady what happened?" Sir Leon asked as he showed up.

"My water, I thought it was poisoned so I brought it to Merlin to do some tests with but he said it was OK and the little that was left over he drank and then he fainted!" I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

"Poisoned? by who?" Sir Leon asked.

"I'm not sure...I think it may have been-"

"Merlin? What's happened?" Arthur asked walking in.

I stood up and explained to Arthur what had happened. His first priority was to find the person responsible so we could get the name of the poison and then find the antidote. Gaius showed up and set about as fast as he could to diagnose Merlin. Arthur explained to Gaius what happened for me and he took a swab from the chalice and he started to do his own tests. We all waited eagerly and I decided I had to confront Lady Trisha.

"Lady Sarah where are you going?" Arthur asked.

"I need to clear my head"

I didn't know where she would be exactly so i decided to try her room as breakfast wouldn't have lasted so long. When I was only a few metres from her room I took my shoes off and tiptoed over to the door and listened. There was no sound so I went in and snooped about. If Lady Trisha was the one to try and poison me she should have a bottle of it in here somewhere I could give to Gaius and therefore save Merlin and show Lady Trisha as she really is!

I looked everywhere and finally gave up and sat on her bed looking around, there had to be something somewhere! I heard someone walking down the corridor outside and stayed quiet, if they came in I was caught, I wouldn't be able to find a sufficient hiding place quick enough. I sighed in relief when the footsteps continued and I noticed a little rectangular shape on top of the wardrobe. There was some writing on the side and I realised it was a book. I ran over and jumped up and down for it. I managed to just pull it slightly forward on the wardrobe and gave it one more try. Although as I jumped I misjudged my own strength in the swipe to get the book and it fell to the ground, it opened and what was in it fell out and smashed on the floor. I couldn't tell what emotion to feel; excited I'd found something or sad cause i might have just dashed every chance I had at proving I was right and saving Merlin.

I double checked the book and didn't find anything to help me identify it. I looked for perhaps a label that might have fallen off the bottle but there was nothing. I noticed that a shard of the bottle had smashed in a way that it held quite a bit of the potion. I went to pick it up when I got a smack at the back of the head I looked up and managed to block another blow from Lady Trisha.

"What do you think you're doing you meddlesome little brat!" She screamed at me.

I could see the anger in her eyes. I stood up and blocked another hit but grabbed her arm and trapped it under mine, then moved in and slapped her chest, it was more for shock than for pain purposes. She screeched I pushed her away from me.

"What did you poison Merlin with?" I shouted at her.

"I didn't poison Merlin! You did!"

"By your hand! What did you try to poison me with then? You knew I was going to find out you did and you knew I'd go to Merlin; What was in my water?!" I shouted at her and moved towards her.

As I approached her she outstretched her hand and muttered something and I went flying. I crashed into the table that was in her room and slid across it knocking everything that was on it off. The door opened and in came Uther and Arthur accompanied by some guards. Lady Trisha was all disheveled and so was I they came right into the room gobsmacked. The look on their faces was total confusion. I realised that Trisha would use her spell on them so before she could look them in the eyes I picked up a pear that I'd knocked off the table and threw it as hard as I could at Trisha's head. Screaming she fell from onto the bed; unconscious. I sighed and got up, in total pain.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Uther shouted.

"Lady Trisha, is a witch."

"Those are very serious accusations Lady Sarah" Arthur warned me.

"Look at the book on the floor! Thar's how she's smuggled her potions in. I found them and she caught me, that's why she attacked me!" I said.

They looked at the book and smashed glass on the floor, I hoped they believed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
heyy guys sorry if you find it too long and im not sure if you'll find it good or not I hope you do enjoy it, if there was anything you thought bad about any of the story please let me know and I'll try and improve ! thanks for reading and sticking with me <3

sarah x