Status: Complete

Merlin

Hoping For Hope

I squeezed the pear in my hands and smirked; thank god it was a rather hard pear or it wouldn't have knocked her out! The guards picked Lady Trisha up and carried her off to the dungeons. Uther picked up one of the un-smashed vials on the floor and looked at the liquid inside, it was clear so it would have made no colour change in the water. He opened it and took a small sniff and jumped and pulled a disgusted face.

"Take this to Gaius, he may need it to find out the antidote" Uther ordered.

One of the guards took the vile form him and went to Gaius's chambers. Arthur marched over to my side.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine don't worry, My back just hurts, she used some sort of spell to throw me backwards onto the table"

"I don't see how we couldn't have saw that she was a witch" Arthur exclaimed.

"I tried to tell you but she had some spell that she could enchant men just by looking them in the eyes" I explained.

"What about Gwen or Morgana?" He asked.

I paused, I wasn't sure how to explain that one. Arthur waited with one eyebrow raised for me to answer. I just shrugged and he looked a little annoyed. I excused myself and ran to Gaius's chambers to find out how Merlin was getting on. When I got there, he wasn't doing very well. I sat beside his bed as his face was drenched in sweat and twitching but otherwise he was still and silent.

"Is there nothing you can do for him just now? Just to stop the poison getting around his system so fast?" I asked.

"Unfortunately not, not until I can finish deducting what he was poisoned with" Gaius sighed.

I nodded and went to take Merlin's hand but decided against it, movement increased blood flow.

"Gaius, can I not go and see The Great Dragon? Maybe he will know?"

"No, I don't think he'd know. The poison is from the root of the mandrake, I'm afraid there is no antidote for this, we can only hope that he can over come the poison in his system"

Gaius's head fell as he realised this and sighed deeply. My heart lurched, thee had to be something we could do! There had to be an antidote!

"I know Merlin is strong, but I'm not sure if he could fight this" Gaius murmured and joined me by Merlin's side. I had tears running down my face as I stared at his face, his eyebrows were furrowed, could he hear us or was he in pain? I decided that this wasn't enough, I had to go and speak to the Great Dragon.