Status: Complete

Merlin

Time For Some Answers

There was a sudden bright light and I screamed and pulled the covers over my face. What I didn't realise was how close to the edge bed I was and I fell off. I groaned in slight pain and I grabbed the top left hand poster of the bed to pull me up; thank god the quilt softened my fall!

"Are you alright?" A female voice asked.

I popped my head out of the covers to see Gwen standing above me holding out her hand. I sighed and took her hand as she pulled me up.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.

"It's early morning. I have to help you get ready before breakfast." Gwen said.

"Oh...why?" I asked.

"Well, Uther has asked for some dresses to be made for you but until they are made the Lady Morgana offered you a couple of dresses and I brought them in and came to help you get ready." Gwen explained.

"Ah...can I not just get something to eat later?" I asked.

"Are you not well?" Gwen asked concerned.

"No I'm fine, it's just so early..." I sat on the bed.

Gwen looked at me funny and I looked at my shoulder. She could see my band t-shirt. I panicked...what should I say?

"Well can you tell the Lady Morgana I said thank you?" I asked and stood up.

"Of course...she wants to meet you" Gwen smiled.

"I'll come meet her after I get dressed" I nodded.

"Want me to help you?" Gwen asked.

"No, no, no...I'll be fine" I smiled.

Gwen looked at me weird then nodded.

"The dresses are over there" She pointed to a chair with two dresses strewn across them.

After Gwen left I rushed to get ready. It took longer than I thought since it had all the lacing at the back and I couldn't see what I was doing. I left it undone and hide my clothes in a cupboard my door went and I answered it, it was Merlin.

"Hey! Merlin get in here" I pulled him in by his scarf.

"Whoa...what's wrong?" He asked as I closed the door.

"Can you tighten this for me?" I asked turning.

"Uh...that's Gwen's job...she I don't know how to" Merlin explained.

I sighed and asked him to get Gwen. I just went and stood in front of a mirror on a desk. I looked over my extremely messy hair and gasped. I had no brush and I felt so embarrassed I slapped my forehead. My door went and I ran to get it, tripping on the dress slightly.

"Hi" I smiled.

I realised there was another woman with Gwen and Merlin and I smiled politely.

"Hello" She smiled.

"Sorry...come in" I let them in.

Gwen instantly started to fix my dress and I almost cried at how tight it was. Merlin had brought a small bag that he emptied out onto the bed and I smiled with joy - there was a brush!

"I heard you were robbed and I thought you could do with some extra little bits and bobs" She smiled.

"Thank you..Lady Morgana?" I asked.

"Your welcome" She smiled.

Once I was done Gwen sat me down and got my hair fixed. I couldn't have my hair the way she wanted it since I had a side shed and a side fringe. The girls were amused at how different our hairstyles were in Scotland to that in England. I laughed nervously and agreed. Once we were done I was invited to breakfast with Morgana and the King and Arthur. I tried to decline but she wouldn't let me and reminded me that she loaned me some of her stuff so I should do this one favour back. I waited behind a bit. I remembered everything that happened yesterday and called Merlin back. Morgana and Gwen went ahead but I hid Merlin behind a pillar.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just wanted to ask...what happened last night?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" He asked confused.

"No I mean...with the fire pole thing...and the beast in the forest actually..." I said thinking.

Merlin looked panicked and I felt bad...but I had to know how he done that!

"Merlin seriously...I'm not mad or anything..it was just so...wow! How did you do it?" I asked again.

"I caught it that was all...and the beast in the forest? I just threw a sharp stick that was all" He smiled.

"Merlin...I heard what you said. Bregdan something or other....was it magic?" I asked excited.

"No! No...not magic are you crazy?" He asked with a nervous laugh.

"I like magic...I think it's awesome" I shrugged.

"Really?" He asked, I could see him weighing up the causes of weather or not to tell the truth.

"Yeah..I mean I've always loved magic, ever since I was a little girl. I tried so hard to be able to do tricks and stuff but I just didn't have the ability" I shrugged.

It wasn't a lie. My dad had brought me up teaching me sill little tricks that I still love but am really bad at doing.

"Well...yes, it was magic...but you can't tell anyone" He said.

"Oh my god seriously?" I asked excited.

A guard walking by looked at us and I cleared my throat.

"We better go..." I said.

"Yeah" He smiled.

Merlin showed me to the hall where breakfast was and I hugged him before going in.

"You have got to teach me some magic" I whispered.

I pulled away with a smile and a wink and then went into the hall. Oh my god...Merlin was like...a wizard...a real wizard!