Status: Complete

Merlin

Mystery After Mystery

"Who was it?" I asked.

"I didn't find them" Merlin said puffing and panting.

I nodded and he looked from the shovel in my hands to the horses and crossed his arms.

"Did you do my work for me?" He asked.

"Most of it?..." I grinned nervously at his surprisingly serious tone.

Merlin's face did not change for a few minutes and I felt as though I'd insulted him. My smile dwinddled and that's when he grinned.

"I was kidding, thanks" He punched my arm playfully.

I grinned giggling a bit as we finished up what was left to do and made our way back to the castle. We just talked about old times, I told him about my friends back in 2010 and he told me of the times he and Arthur had together. Of course, Merlin's stories were so much more interesting. Mine was just about getting drunk, being at parties and camping. Merlin's were about life and death situations! I was hanging on every word he said, it was just so amazing!

"And then Lancelot charged at the beast and-"

Merlin bumped into an old woman who almost screamed when she felt the impact. I stared wide eyed and grabbed Merlin's arm.

"I'm so sorry Missus" Merlin appologised.

"That's alright dear" she smiled.

Her face was terribly wrinkled and she did not look good for an old lady at all! I know that's terrible to say but it was true!

"I'm looking for and old friend of mine...Uther Pendragon, do you know where he is?" she asked.

We both looked at each other, how could someone who lives here not know their King? Or perhaps she wasn't from around here.

"Well uh, he's in the Castle...I think he's out patrolling with Prince Arthur" Merlin said.

"Oh that's lovely dear thank you" she smiled and went on her way.

She was going towards the town with a slow, limp walk. We stared after her as though she was slightly crazy...maybe she had amnesia. We just shook it off and went back into the Castle and I helped Merlin around the Castle with his chores.

I ate dinner with Merlin and Gaius that night, Uther understood and let me skip dinner in the hall that night. We had a lovely time talking about Merlin and Gaius's times in Camelot and I was glad I could hear these stories in person, most of these stories are not appreciated back in 2010; infact they are never heard again after Merlin and Gaius were to pass away!

I was washing up when I heard Merlin and Gaius talking about me in low tones.

"Merlin I know she isn't who she says she is...I just want to know" Gaius said.

"You'll never believe me" Merlin said.

Gaius just looked at Merlin with a look that said 'try me'. Merlin sighed and nodded.

"She's from the...future..."

Gaius was silent and his facial features just dropped.

"Merlin...that is rediculous!" Gaius said.

"See I told you, you wouldn't believe me!" Merlin pointed at hm then dropped his hands to his side with a loud 'slap'.

Gaius opened his mouth and closed it a few times. I stopped cleaning and walked over to the table they sat at.

"It's true Gaius...I'm from the year 2010" I said.

"Well...how did you get here?" He asked incrediously.

"I don't know" I said saddly.

"Well what happened the night before you woke up here?" He asked.

"I was in the woods with my friends...they blindfolded me and I had to find my sleepingbag...wait I forgot I have a bag with me!" I grinned.

"Well what ever transported you here can't be in your bag" Gaius said.

"no but some stuff that I need or want might be in it" I said.

Gaius nodded.

"And when exactly were you going to tell everyone about this?" Gaius asked both Merlin and I.

We scratched our heads and grinned nervously.

"We weren't?" I said.

"Well..we were going to tell you but then something told me that I shouldn't tell you ad that Sarah and I could figure it out for ourselves" Merlin said.

"How can you possibly figure out how to send someone back to the future?" Gaius asked.

Merlin opened his mouth, pointing at Gaius and then closed it and dropped his hand.

"I don't know..." He said.

Gaius grunted.

"Perhaps you should go see The Great Dragon" Gaius suggested.

My jaw dropped.

"Dragon?" I asked.

Gaius and Merlin looked at each other then back to me, I felt a grin forming on my face.

"Are you serious?! There's a Dragon here in Camelot? Oh please can I come with?!" I begged.

Gaius and Merlin looked at each other again and scrunched their faces in thought.

"Please! dragon's don't exsist in 2010...it would be just so awesome to see one!" I pleaded.

"She might as well...so the Great Dragon can see her and find out how to handle this situation" Gaius said.

"Yes!" I cheered.

I was going to see a Dragon!