I Must Be Dreaming

She Thinks I'm Crazy Judging by the Faces That She's Making

"I'm telling you guys, this guy is legit. I've known him for a couple of months. We met when we were playing a gig downtown. But he quit his band because he said that, "they were all douchers". So he's just been chillin. I know he was thinking about joining another band, so give him a shot." Jack Barakat explained to Pat and I as we started up the stairs to the apartment.

You see, our old bassist quit the band because he felt like he could become a big star without us and joined a different band. Even though our band was going places. We were starting to play at more gigs now and the crowd grew every time.

"Oh! His name is Garrett by the way. He's pretty damn crazy, just like you, Pat. He also has a room mate, but I'm not sure if she is here or not." Jack continues as we made it to the third floor.

"Sweet! Maybe I'll have a lover." Pat said as he winked at me. Jack and I laughed.

I knocked on the door and took off my sunglasses as Jack and Pat waited patiently behind me. I heard the door unlock and soon it opened to reveal a short, brown-haired guy.

"Hey, man! I'm Garrett." He introduced himself as he let us into his place.

" 'Sup Garrett. This is John, and this is Pat. John is the lead singer, and Pat is the drummer." We all shook hands when Jack introduced us. Garrett led us over to the couch and we all sat down, of course.

"So, I'm assuming you guys would like to hear me play a couple of times?" Garrett questioned.

"Of course! I mean, all Jack has been saying is that you are legit and how much of a crazy ass you are. So we definitely would like to hear you play and get to know you." Pat explained.

"Dude, I really am a crazy ass. I don't think you even realize." Garrett agreed as he laughed to himself.

"Oh, you have no idea. Pat here is one hell of - Is that Third Eye Blind?" I heard music in the distance. I get distracted way too easily.

Before Garrett could even say a word, a girl came dancing down the hall singing along, "Well everyone I know has got a reason to say, put the past away! I wish you would step back from that ledge my fri- Oh! Garrett... I didn't realize we, uh, had company..."

"A.J! Deary, you should really put on a shirt. I mean, I love you, but these two dogs here don't know you, and must I say, you look ravishing!" Jack exclaimed, dragging out the 'g'. The girl was blushing terribly and I couldn't help but let my eyes scan over her body. She was gorgeous. She was wearing a blue bra that had white lace on the top, and a bow. She had on low-rise jeans that had holes in the knee and on her thigh. Her hair was in a messy bun and her necklace lay perfectly on her chest.

"I'm sorry, guys. I'll be right back." She quickly walked out of the living room and back to what I am assuming was her bedroom.

"Holy shit! I'm sorry about that guys. She always walks around the house almost half naked. We don't have company over, a lot." Garrett apologized. Was that his girlfriend?!

"Dude, do not apologize. Was that your girlfriend? I'm sorry, but she's fucking hot!" I exclaimed.

Garrett and Jack both laughed at my statement while Pat and I looked at each other confused.

"No dude, she's just my best friend. We've known each other since we were six. We used to date, but we just felt way too weird about it."

"I'm sorry, guys. I really am. I'm not used to having guests over. Even though I told Garrett to tell me when you guys were coming over. Thanks a lot, you ass." A.J said as she childishly stuck her tongue out at Garrett. She was wearing a sweater now and seemed to have slightly recovered from our first encounter.

"Well, anyway, A.J this is Pat and this is John." Garrett introduced us. Pat shook her hand and said "nice to meet you" while I attempted to say something, anything!

"H-h-hi." I gawked at her. I fucking froze. Seriously?! I heard Pat stiffle a laugh and turned it into a cough as I glared over at him. She gave me this weird look as she returned the greeting. Throughout the rest of the 'interview', all she did was look at me and give me funny looks.

Great. She thinks I'm crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newwww!
I just had to write this. I have plans for this story and I'm super excited for it.

And I won't be updating for the next 3-5 days. I am going to Chicago for my brother's hockey tournaments and I'm visiting a college.

Let me know what you think ;)