I Must Be Dreaming

And She Calls Me Sweetheart.

"You know Gary," I plopped down next to him on the couch, right before we were about to continue our game. Dynasty Warriors is the shit, by the way. "I'm starting to think that maybe John isn't such a bad guy."

"So I've noticed. He's really chill. He likes you, a lot. All he does is talk about you at band practice. Oh! The guys want to come over tonight. They said something about going to a party. Wanna go?" Garrett said, as we started kicking major ass and headed towards the 'boss' of the level.

"I don't know Garrett. I mean, I know he likes me, but I don't know if I like him like that. You know how I feel about relationships. The last major relationship I had was with you, so who knows. About the party, hell yes I would like to go." I finished as I finished killing a whole mob of people. This game was amazing.

"I'm going for the boss, Aj. And I know, just maybe give him a chance, ya know?" Garrett stated. "Hell yes! Totally won this game! Fuck yeah!" Garrett cheered as we high fived.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I ended up wearing a simple Sunbathe Lace Cami, shorts, sandals, and the bracelet Garrett had gotten for me for my birthday last year. My dark hair was straightened and my eye make up brought out my bright blues.

I looked over myself in the mirror as I messed with my necklace. My mom had given me this for my thirteenth birthday. She told me to give it to the guy that had my heart. I almost considered giving it to Garrett, but realized that we would not be anymore than just best friends.

"Aj! The guys are here! Let's go!" Garrett hollered up to me.

I dashed down the stairs as I grabbed my bag and saw that Garrett was wearing a Slayer shirt with a simple flannel over it, black skinny jeans, and his vans.

"Well don't you look gorgeous." Garrett stated as he shut the door behind us.

"Awh, thank you dear. You look mighty fine as well." I laughed as I gave him a wink.

We both piled into the van, I sat in the very back, next to John, while Garrett sat between Pat and Jared. Kennedy was driving.

The ride to the party was filled with conversation. John and I started talking about when the band was going to release the EP, while the other four were talking about the best superhero.

"You look nice, by the way." John said as his cheeks turned a light red.

I took in his appearance. He was wearing a simple white tank top, skinny jeans, and black vans. "You look pretty good too there, Sweetheart." I said, making him blush harder as he looked out of the window.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
John's P.O.V:

She called me Sweetheart! I know this is probably stupid, but that is all that I have been able to think about the whole night. I don't know what has gotten into me. Usually, I'm just the guy that's looking for an easy fuck, but not with Aj. She's different. I don't know how I know this, but I just have a feeling.

"Aj! Do you wanna dance?" I shouted over the blasting music. I hadn't had the guts to ask her earlier, but I really wanted to dance with her, and I knew I had to make my move before some other prick did.

"Duh! I love this song! Let's go!" She replied, grabbing my hand and leading me into the living area where everyone was dancing, just as In The Junkyard by The Potbelleez started to play.

"Well.. The bass goes boom
As I cross the room
Never speak too soon
I peruse with my vision now
Step 2 find the place I can groove
Step up with ya shoes
Get ya system on the move
How do you do? no how do you do?
Ooo you’re kinda cute but i moving on through
I got my girls, got my bag, got my pearls
So if anyone dance when the sound is premium "


She sang along as we danced. My God, she sure could sing, and she could dance. We were grinding for the entire song, and carried on dancing for the rest of the night.

We were surprisingly not drunk, but we all decided to crash at Garrett's place anyway. It was going on three in the morning, and we just wanted to pass out.

The moment my head hit the soft pillow, I fell into a deep sleep. Even though I was stuck sleeping on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aj
Garrett
John

Not the best chapter, but I felt like an update was needed.

Thank you for your comments guys, they are very much appreciated.

That song, by the way, is awesome. Look it up if you haven't heard it.