Baby for You I'll Take This Fall

I Found A Way

“It can’t be this easy,” Jack said, still in awe as they got into the elevator of their hotel. The papers were tucked into Schuyler’s bag. All the papers, all the files, all the research Lawrence had done, it was all in her bag right now. It really seemed unbelievable.

“It wasn’t,” she reminded him.

He nodded and clicked the 16th floor button. Though they did not have to remain in the secludes of his family’s apartment on Perry Street, he still felt the need to wrap his arms around her now that they were alone again. He would never forgive himself for what he had put her through, what he would put her through. After all, Mimi was coming for them. His sister was nothing if not determined. She was a woman scorned. Jack knew there had been something going on between her and Kingsley before their bonding ceremony. But now that Kingsley was gone, she would not take kindly to losing Jack. He knew this. And he could not fault her for it. How could he fault her for her love when he had left her for his love? He held Schuyler closer.

I don’t fault her either. Schuyler sent.

Jack took her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it lightly. “I feel horrible for this. She’s coming after you because of me. She hates you because she can’t hate me.”

“Because hating you is like hating herself,” Schuyler said quietly as the doors opened on the 8th floor. It was about to close, but they both froze as a hand stopped the elevator.

Standing there was none other than Mimi Force, a triumphant smirk on her face. “Actually Skye it’s more that you’re a homewrecking whore. But feel free to believe whatever my brother deems fit to tell you.”

Jack’s heart starting pounding in his chest as he moved Schuyler behind him, shielding her from Mimi’s view as she got into the elevator. “Mimi I don’t want any trouble.”

“You shouldn’t have left then,” she said lethally. “Now your room is on the 16th floor right?” She didn’t wait for an answer. “Wow Jack, I would have gunned you for a penthouse kind of guy.”

“I’m not really one for lavish,” he said quietly.

“I’m not surprised,” Mimi rolled her eyes, shooting a glance at Schuyler.

Schuyler was frozen in her spot. This was her worst nightmare. Mimi had finally caught up to them. They would not all make it out alive today. Schuyler knew that. Jack knew that. And Mimi knew that. It would be 2 or 1. But someone was dying. Jack felt his pocket for his sword, and felt slightly comforted that it was there. Dread flowed through him. He had been anxiously praying that it would not come to this, were he would have to fight Mimi, his other half. He had loved her for millennia on end, and he knew a part of him always would. But Schuyler had captured his heart, even more so than Gabrielle ever had. Yes it was true that Jack had been attracted to her mother first. He had always been pulled towards the light, the opposite of the dark he was made of. But Schuyler – she had given him something no one ever had. She had given him hope. She had given him her heart and his own was captured. It was because of this that Jack knew he would fight Mimi and kill her if he had to. There was no other way.

“You’re right,” Mimi said quietly. “There is none.”

He was not surprised that she had read his mind. After all, besides his love for Schuyler, he had never had anything to hide from her. “Can we wait until we are in the room at least?” he sighed. He had already accepted the inevitable. “Causing a scene in a prestigious hotel might set back what the Conspiracy has been trying to do for centuries.”

“Forgive me if not blowing the vampire secret isn’t my main priority right now,” she rolled her eyes, grabbing a pin from her bag.

“Mimi please,” he pleaded, looking at the camera.

She rolled her eyes again and put the pin back into her bag. “Fine Jack. I’ll wait while you say your goodbyes to your half blood whore.”

They were quiet then, waiting for the elevator to reach floor 16. When it reached there, Mimi strutted out, waiting for them impatiently. She was ready for this, had been ready since Jack left her. Jack waited until she was out to walk out with Schuyler securely behind him. He didn’t trust Mimi anymore not to kill her first if she got the chance. They walked quietly to the room and stepped inside.

I’m with you. Schuyler sent before Jack forced her to the side behind him. Mimi walked to the other side, her back unprotected. But she knew as well as he did that he would never strike her with her back turned. When she turned to face them, she was no longer Mimi. She was Azrael. She put her bag down and drew her sword. It changed from a pin to her glorious sword. Jack took a deep breath and they all entered the glom. No longer were they human, but their angelic forms, glorious, powerful, and monstrous. They had their swords drawn, each standing their ground, waiting for the other to strike first. Jack was hesitating. He knew this was his fault and he did not want to hurt Mimi. He did not want to have to do this, though he knew he must. Mimi, however, did not wait much longer. She sprung forward, a warrior’s cry erupting from her lips. And Jack too sprung forward, ready to defend his love.

Their swords clashed, sparks flying out. They pulled back and struck again. Blow for blow, they were matched. Mimi was thrown back suddenly as Jack struck her. She flew back on the floor. “Are you going to resort to cheating underhanded tricks my love?” she asked, smirking as she stood.

“”Don’t call me that,” he seethed, sending a look towards Schuyler who was watching all of this intently.

She pushed him back hard, kicking across the floor in front of Schuyler. “I forget, you are no longer mine, are you?”

“We don’t have to do this Mimi,” Jack said as he struggled to stand. She had kicked him hard but Abaddon was far from over. He would do whatever he had to protect Schuyler. But he had to try to stop it. “We can just go our separate ways. I’m sorry I did this to you. I’m sorry I put you through this.”

Mimi laughed at this. “You truly think it’ll all be okay because you apologized Jack? You think I’ll forgive and forget?”

“Mimi I don’t want to have to destroy you,” he said quietly.

“Don’t worry you won’t,” she shot back. “I’m going to win this Jack. I’m going to kill you and then your little whore.”

Schuyler quivered back, not saying a word. She knew how Mimi was and she knew Jack. She knew it was best that she stayed out of this.

“What of Kingsley?” Jack asked. They were still not jumping at each other again, both eyeing each other for a weakness in the other’s defenses.

“Kingsley is dead also because of her,” she said coldly.

“He is not dead,” Jack said quietly. “He is in hell. You know as well as I do that the other dimension is as real as this one or as Paradise.”

“Is Paradise even real Jack?” Mimi laughed.

“How can you say that?” he asked, slightly shocked.

“I don’t know,” she admitted. “All I know is that this world is cold and heartless. And I’m not going to live through it alone. I’m going to kill you now and store your blood. And then I’m going to kill her. In our next lifetime she won’t be there to distract you from me.”

“And you Kingsley from me?” he asked quietly.

Her eyes flashed. “You know nothing.”

And with that she charged. Jack was quicker though. He moved to the side as she lunged forward and turned, striking a blow. She was pushed to the ground and her sword was thrown aside, he had his sword to her throat in a second.

It seemed like Jack had won. He stared down at Mimi, her eyes defeated. He could press down and end it all now. But he was hesitating. He took a deep breath, knowing he had to do this. He had to do this for himself and for Schuyler. He had to do it so they could be together forever, in this case, literally. But then he heard something. He heard something that shattered his whole world. He stepped away from Mimi immediately, his sword pointed at another foe. He moved away because he had heard Schuyler scream.

Both he and Mimi turned to see the Morningstar standing over Schuyler, holding her captive. He saw that she was unconscious. “You know Abaddon I never knew you had it in you. Especially since you’ll need Azrael to fight me, if it need come to that.”

“Let her go,” he seethed.

Lucifer laughed. “Your little play thing? Come now Abaddon you ravaged whole worlds for me and you can’t lose one simple girl?”

Mimi laughed at this. “See no one could understand,” she told Jack.

“Release her,” he said again.

“No I don’t think I will,” the Morningstar laughed. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have to go play kidnapper and prisoner for a while. I simply cannot wait to see her glorious mother, can you? How angry do you think Gabrielle will be that I’ve taken her daughter into the pits of hell? Which reminds me actually, Azrael. Your boyfriend says hi. He just loves it down there with us.”

“Kingsley,” Mimi gasped.

Jack sprung forward now, a battle cry erupting from his mouth as he acted to free his love. But it was too late. There was a bright light and Lucifer and Schuyler were gone. Jack felt his whole being break.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Found A Way ;; Drake Bell

Ahhh so unexpected right? Haha what did you guys think? I'm so excited for what I have planned for this :] Hope you guys liked it! Comments anyone??