Baby for You I'll Take This Fall

Lean On Me

Mimi had frozen in her spot when he mentioned Kingsley. Kingsley, the guy who loved her for who and what she was, the guys she would have forsaken the laws herself for, he had left her, sacrificing himself to the pits of hell. And his name caused her to go rigid. She looked at Jack, who was kneeling on the floor, agony radiating off of him. Jack, the guy who had also left her, but through a different kind of choice. He had left her for another, not to protect her as she knew Kingsley had. And now Jack was suffering. Now he would finally know how she had felt for so long, so alone and cold.

She saw no reason to continue this any further. She pulled them both out of the glom. Jack was still kneeling in the hotel room. She heard his quiet, dry sobs. She knew her twin and she knew he was dead inside right now. She silently put her hand on his shoulder, aiming to comfort him. He seemed to come out of a trance and quickly jumped up, jerking away from her.

“Don’t touch me,” he said quietly, but lethally.

She rolled her eyes. His dramatics were even getting on her nerves. “You’re being ridiculous.”

“Am I?” he said bitterly. “If you had just left us be, if you hadn’t followed us here, forcing us to go into the glom, he could not have claimed her.”

“Don’t try to pin this one on me,” she said furiously. Was he serious? How the hell was she going to blame her? “This wouldn’t have even mattered if you hadn’t broken the bond.”

“It would have always mattered,” he said quietly. “I would still feel like this. I will love her forever.”

“Right, just like you loved her mother?” Mimi asked.

Jack winced, and she felt smug. “That was different. Gabrielle was always just a dear friend, even when I pined for her. Schuyler – she’s become my everything. I can feel her in my very being.”

“Like you once felt for me?” she asked her brother quietly.

Jack sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. “Mimi, it was never my intention to harm you. But I can’t talk about this right now. I have to save Schuyler. They’ll kill her.”

“Good,” Mimi rolled her eyes. “They’ll be saving me the trouble.”

He growled. “Look just help me or stay the hell out of my way.”

She debated this for a second. Help Jack rescue Schuyler or leave her and him to the dogs, whatever happened. Why should she care anyway? She knew what was at risk. She knew how strong the Morningstar was and what it meant to go against him. She had already been through all of this, and honestly, it just bored her now. Why should she risk her own long endless life for that half blood? But then, when had Azrael quivered away from danger? When had she ever feared anyone? Even during the fall, she had walked with her head held high, not even afraid of the Almighty himself. And now she was trying to hide from Lucifer? And of course, if she did help Jack, there was also the fact that this could possibly work to her advantage. Lucifer had Schuyler. Lucifer also had Kingsley. She could save Kingsley. She could trade something, convince him somehow, that she would get Kingsley for keeping Schuyler.

“I’ll help,” she said quietly.

“Oh really?” he rolled his eyes.

“Look believe it or not Jack,” she rolled her eyes as well, “I’m not as heartless as you think. He had Kingsley and – look let’s just say you have your reasons for doing this and I have mine.”

Jack looked at her for a long moment. “You really loved him,” he said quietly. Mimi didn’t say anything, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing the truth. He smiled. “I know you did Mimi. And I can understand that. You feel for him as I do for Schuyler.”

He was trying to guilt her now, trying to make it seem like she should understand too. But she couldn’t. She had been led to love Kingsley because of Jack. If Jack had followed the bond in the first place, if he had loved her instead of those damn Daughters of the Light, this wouldn’t have happened. She wouldn’t have fallen for Kingsley and they would be in New York, already bonded. But it had happened. And now Kingsley was in Hell. “Look, save the sappy pep talks for someone else. All I want to do is get this over with. So what’s your plan?”

Jack sighed, and shook his head, pinching the top of his nose. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. “Gabrielle,” he said suddenly. “The Morningstar said something about Gabrielle finding out. We need the Uncorrupted.”

“Okay and where is dear old dad and auntie dearest?” Mimi asked.

“They’re in the gap between the dimensions,” he said quietly. “Schuyler told me that Gabrielle told her they would be in the space between.”

“And how do we get there?” she asked.

He winced. “We can’t,” he said. “Only Archangels can venture there without being torn apart.”

Mimi scoffed. “That’s stupid. What the hell do we do now?”

Jack thought for a moment. “Schuyler told me that Gabrielle would sometimes come to her in her dreams even when she was in a coma.”

“You think we can do that too?” Mimi questioned. Even as she asked, she knew he was right. After all, after the Uncorrupted, she and Jack were the strongest of them. If anyone could, it would be them.

He nodded, already understanding she was on board. It still annoyed her that he and she were so in tuned, so in sync, and yet he had been able to get up and walk away. “I’ll do it,” he said.

He sighed and closed his eyes. Mimi stood watching over him, crossing her arms. She felt slightly snubbed, knowing the fact that he was doing this meant he was stronger than her. No she refused to look at it that way. She could beat him, she could do it. But she stood there, watching him, trying to fiure out how she was going to use this to help her get Kingsley back.

Soon, she felt rage filling the whole room. It was leaking through her whole being. A bright light filled the whole room. Mimi put her hand up in front of her face to block the blinding light. She found herself shuddering from the fury in the room now and put her hand down to see Allegra and Charles standing there. Charles looked simply tired. Allegra on the other hand, now Mimi knew why the room was suddenly filled with rage. Allegra now knew that the Morningstar had her daughter and Mimi could tell she was pissed.

"He's going to pay," Allegra said lethally.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you guys think? A bit of a filler I know, but it had to happen :] Anyways comments anyone? Love you guys!

Lean on Me ;; Glee Cast