Status: On Permanent Hiatus .

We Don't Believe In Second Chances

Early Morning Phone Calls.

It had been a few days since I had completely opened up and told Jimmy everything. Somehow I was expecting him to get up and leave, like everyone else had in my life. Bre was really the only person who stayed by my side, even if we were in different countries. But to my surprise Jimmy stood by me every second that he could. He was always looking out for me, doing all he could to make sure that I was happy and had someone to talk to when I needed it.

I never really had friends back over in Australia. I was always that loner kid, the one who sat by herself at lunchtimes, and the one who was always different from everybody else. But being different had it's downfalls. I was always getting into trouble for being involved in fights, because I wasn't going to put up with the shit that I got dealt everyday. I swear my Mother had been called into the office to speak with the Headmaster, at least ten times in one month.

Somehow, I have never been able to figure it out though, my mom never really got angry with me for being the way that I am. Whenever she got a call from the Headmaster, I always expected her to come in, full of rage and yell at me for being such a little shit. But I was completely wrong. My mom has to be one of the calmest people I know. She would come in, and comfort me, and we would go see the school counselor together and sort out the problem, until the net week came. I loved my mom for understanding when no one else would.

There had been some awkwardness lately between Bre and I. For some reason I felt some kind of distance between us. Bre was hanging out with Zacky and I was hanging out with Jimmy, and when we came home it was either late, so we just went to bed; or dinner was ready so we really had no chance to talk. It was worrying me, Bre and I had never been like this. Ever.

********

It was in the early hours of Sunday morning that I woke, with tears running down my face. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't want to bother anyone. So I decided to go to the beach. I slipped on my converse, grabbed a random hoodie and my phone and I was out the door. I crept down the stairs, making sure that I made no noise, as I didn't want to wake anyone up.

It was still dark out as I walked along the pavement towards the beach. I would make it to the sand in time for the sunrise. Something was bugging me though, and I knew the only person I could talk to at this time of the morning was still in bed. It was a risk, and I was willing to take whatever consequences came with the phone call. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until the person's name was highlighted. I hesitated before hitting the call button.

"Hello?" a groggy voice, came through the speaker. I knew I shouldn't have done this, but I needed them.

"Jimmy?" I quietly said. "Cassie?" Jimmy's voice asked, in a more alarmed tone.

"Jimmy I need you." I replied, with tears forming in my eyes. I took a deep breath, trying to control myself.

"Where are you?" Jimmy asked, with a rusting in the background. I figured that he was already dressed and grabbing his car keys by now.

"I'm at the beach.." I trailed off, looking out to the shore.

"I'm on my way sweetie, stay where you are." Jimmy replied, as I herd the slamming of a car door. I hung up the phone, and slid it into my pocket. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms tightly around them. I think I was only waiting for about ten minutes, when I heard the rumble of Jimmy's car.

I instantly started breathing heavier, I was so worried about what Jimmy was going to say about being out here so early in the morning; and for bringing him out here too. I heard fast footsteps on the pavement before they came to a stop next to me. Jimmy's breathing was heavy as he slowly sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and bringing me close. That feeling of being close to Jimmy just made me burst into tears.

"Hey, hey. Cassie, it's gonna be okay." Jimmy whispered, his arms wrapped tightly around my small frame. I just kept crying. crying until I had nothing left to cry, and Jimmy sat there the whole time and held me, waiting patiently. I never expected to ever find a person with such a big heart like Jimmy.

"I'm sorry Jimmy, I didn't know who else to go to. I didn't want to wake anyone at home." I mumbled, in between sobs and deep breath's.

"Cass, you know you don't need to say sorry to me." Jimmy replied, reassuringly. I just nodded and let myself relax against Jimmy's body.

"Did you wanna tell me what happened sweetie?" Jimmy asked after a few minutes of silence. I took a deep breath before nodding, and looking up into Jimmy's gaze.

"I..I woke up this morning, and I was in tears.. I don't know. I guess I had a dream or something." I said quietly. Jimmy nodded and I went on. "I think I have been worrying too much about being here, and that I'm going to ruin things between Bre and I. I have been feeling really distant from her lately, like we are totally different people. Nothing like this has ever happened between us before, I'm so worried that I'm going to lose her." I continued, as I inhaled a shaky breath.

"Have you talked to Bre about this?" Jimmy asked, keeping his grip on me. I looked up into his eyes and, tried to understand where all this sense was coming from. The Jimmy I knew of, for only a few weeks, was hyper and childish. This Jimmy was older. More responsible and serious.

"I haven't really had a chance to. That's what I'm talking about, I haven't even had a chance to talk to her. There has always been something that has prevented us from being in the same room, and just having a good talk. Our lives have just been so busy since I moved back."

"Do you think it would be because you have met us? That you feel there is no time to talk to her, because she is always hanging out with Zack? Possibly because your with me most of the time? Even though all four of us go out together, we never really talk to each other. Like the other day at the beach, when we had that... Incident. I never really saw Bre become all concerned about you. It made me think." Jimmy said. I just looked at him. I had nothing to say, I had no words that could form to make a proper sentence.

I never really thought that this is what would break our friendship. Boys.

"I need to talk to her, I can't lose my best friend, I would be lost without her. I need to talk to her Jimmy." I rambled.

"I know you do sweetie. Let's get you home so you an do that, okay?" Jimmy replied, standing and helping me up. As I stood I wrapped my arms around Jimmy's torso and held him tight. I felt Jimmy's arms wrap around me as he placed a kiss on my head.

"Thank you Jim Jam, for everything." I said as I was hugging him.

"No problem Munchkin, now let's get you home." Jimmy replied placing another kiss on my head as we walked together back to his car. We climbed in and Jimmy drove back to Bre's house.

"Will you come in with me Jimmy?" I asked, looking into his eyes. I was honestly scared, I really didn't want to do this on my own.

"Of course." Jimmy smiled, getting out of the car and taking my hand as we entered the house. I looked around and noticed that no one was up yet. I took a deep breath and walked up the stairs into Bre's room. Jimmy following close behind me.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered, as Jimmy's hand tightened around mine. I knocked quietly on Bre's door, waiting for a response.

"Huh?" a sleepy Bre said, as she answered the door. She brightened up a bit when she saw Jimmy standing close behind me. "Cassie? What's wrong?" Bre asked.

"Bre can we talk?" I asked. Looking directly into her eyes. Bre nodded and we all walked down stairs and headed to the lounge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while !
I finally had an Idea for this next chapter , and it only took me about two hours to write .
I hope you like it !
We will try to update more often , but we can't promise it . I have finals i shuld be studying for , but I can't let down you guys ! So I will be writing while Im studying (:

Here's a Cupcake for being so paitent .