Because I Decided To Fall In Love With The Prince...

Prologue

Princess Antoinette POV

“I don’t remember much of my childhood, but I keep having this one memory coming back to me,” I said while standing in the middle of the Northern Kingdoms court. I was chained to the ground in front of the kingdoms of the land; North, South, West, East hasn’t arrived yet but I didn’t care.

“My memory was of me when I was about eight, I was in a beautiful ball gown that was blue and green like the water-“ I hear the murmurs of the courtiers “most definitely stolen, filth like her doesn’t deserve luxury..” ignoring them I continued while looking at the king his face so expressionless I don’t think it has ever been anything else except all those times he.. shaking that thought from my head I go on “I was running in the fields of sweet smelling flowers and giant trees to shade me” I turn my gaze towards the Queen of the North, she seems to become sad listening to my memory again but she stays attentive.

“While dancing around in my own little heaven I hear the cries of my mother, she sounds hurt and in extreme pain, I run towards her my legs hurting and my heart breaking once I lay my eyes upon her, she has an arrow sticking out of her gut I couldn’t bear to see her in pain so I ran, I ran towards the trees screaming while my mother was dying in the sweet smelling field with that lovely river I learnt to swim in only a few metres from my mother, my field, my river is now an evil place it soaked my mothers blood into the ground and lets her blood run down its rivers.

” I finally look into the eyes belonging to the Prince of the North, “I heard the approaching sound of fast hoof beats, I was losing energy-energy I needed-I am nearly at the base of a tree, if only I could go a few more metres and take refuge in its secure branches. But that was never meant to be, was it?” Raising my voice so the crowd can hear I bring my attention back to the King his expressionless face now taking the form of anger.

“No, instead I am knocked to the ground, grabbed and thrown onto the back of a horse and taken away. After a many agonizing hours I am thrown onto the ground in the woods and eventually pass out.” I hear the Queen crying but do not look at her but look at the Prince instead, he is comforting her, form the corner of my eye I see the king rising from his throne with fury and hatred in his eyes above me.

He yells “Do you not remember anything else of importance, do you not remember who saved you from starvation, do you not remember who gave you a house to live in, do you not remember-“ I cut him off in my anger “yes my lord I remember all those things and more, I remember being lashed because I was ill and could not complete my duties, I remember your hatred and abuse towards me and others, the punishments of starvation and chaining due to replying, and I will remember as yourself will remember that after this day, after I am slaughtered, everyone shall remember the heart ache you are going to cause to myself and those you and I love”.

I look back at the Queen and Prince and see that she is still crying but he is looking at me with a saddened expression. When the King was about to speak again a thunderous crash is heard, al went silent when I slid into the glorious blackness of lack food and water while hearing the last words I ever may know being by an unfamiliar yet remembered voice yelling “BUNNY!!!”