Because I Decided To Fall In Love With The Prince...

#6

Queen Isabelle POV
The night before the Prince’s 16th birthday

After asking what was wrong with Annie for the hundredth time I am running in pursuit of John, he is the only one that can get a straight and truthful from Rowan, or so I thought. I found him walking up the corridor from the weapons room with his son.

I ran straight up to him, told his son to leave for a while and dragged John back into the weapons room. There I explained to him my suspicions of Annie and her form of punishment that the King has befallen on her and to tell me who it is that he has to perform the punishments.

“I’m sorry my Queen but I have no recollection of who the King hires to give her the punishments for the tasks she so triumphantly does and fails with every attempt, but I do know that he is there for every one of them and he visits her most frequently. But I am sure that he is there only to say sorry and try to calm her down that he has been able to do like no one else since that day he found her.”

I turn my head away, tears threatening to fall, “Thank you John, but could you please ask him about it, I am most worried about her. She seems so distant lately, I only hope that she will be happy when my son finally redeems her as his prize because she is a rare treasure indeed.”

He nods and leaves. I wait for a few more minutes wiping my face from the tears I shed while talking and leave for her quarters.

Princess Antoinette POV

I just finished another bath and I feel that there is a great hope coming soon but hard times will arrive too. I get dressed in my uniform and wait for some one to enter telling my next task.

I hear a knock on my door and answer. I open the door to reveal the Queen, her face red and blotchy from what I presume to be recent crying. She pulls me into a hug and says “Annie my precious, I have wonderful news for you. My son will have his 16th birthday tomorrow and he will claim you in the evening during dinner. So I am allowing you to have the day off tomorrow to just have some fun.”

I thank her and then go to my wardrobe to find clothes to wear tomorrow, “What am I to do tomorrow My Lady, I have not been outside in a while and do not know where to begin my exploration?” she laughs heartedly and says not to worry that I will be able to find the perfect place to relax on my own. I hug her once more, she leave and I fall to sleep, dreaming of those midnight black eyes yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
love some more comments

hope you enjoy