He Knows I'm Jailbait

Dream Job From Hell

Ring. Ring. Ring.
I answered my cellular device.
"Hello?"
"Yes, is this Ms. Ashfall?"
"Yes, may I ask who's calling?"
"This is Jacob at Break Silence Recordings. We'd like to offer you a position as an assistant to the producer of an up-coming album. You will be able to work on the spot in the industry and learn from a professional in the field," the male voice on the other end explained.
I gaped and gasped. "No way! I got the job?" I had applied to work on-site with bands and producers on actual albums and I got the job!
"Okay, just tell me where I'm supposed to be and when!" I scrambled for a pen and paper.
"We'll have Mike meet you at our office in California on Tuesday at one o clock PM. Is that okay?" Jacob asked.
"Yeah! Of course!"
I wrote down everything.
"Thank you so much for the call and thank whoever decided to hire me, as well, for this amazing opportunity!" I tried to sound as grateful as possible even though I'd known I'd get the job.
"Okay, I will pass that on. Thank you for your time."
"No problem. Bye!"
I hung up and took a deep breath.
I suddenly broke out into a happy dance of such magnitude that I couldn't help smiling every second of it.
Ring. Ring. Ring.
"Heeeellllooo?" I picked up in pure bliss.
"Sorry to bother you again, but Mike wanted me to tell you what band you'll be working with," Jacob said to me.
I smiled hopefully. "Yeah? Who is it?"
"You are going to be working with, Brokencyde."
I raised an eyebrow. "Brokencyde? Whos---"
Then it hit me. All the memories. Listening to it while I used to get high.
That Brokencyde.
I hung up my phone mindlessly with a sigh.
It had to be Brokencyde.
It had to be them.
♠ ♠ ♠
A strange story this is. This is the first chapter, and don't judge the whole story off this one chapter. At least read number two before you hate it.