Status: Very Much Active.

The Decaydance Wizarding Academy.

Chapter 26 - Repair.

It wasn’t a good night. Not in the slightest. For one, Brendon didn’t even come upstairs afterwards. I was fully aware of what was happening but I couldn’t stop it. I’d looked through the few books I had, stroking their spine and reading every page the traditional way to try and find some solution, some cheat. A way to bypass the laws of the space time continuum.
All I had found out was that there was a power source that was present in the cells of plants in our wizard world. It made them purple, and also made them slightly magnetic. It’s called Kaja. Our blood has opposed forces, so when this chemical attracts to us, our powers work. The stronger our blood type, the more powerful we are because more power from this purple element is being supplied to us.
That’s why Brendon went through so much strain. Not much power was being supplied to him. And seeing as our plants weren’t filled with Kaja, our powers have no energy source, so can no longer work.
For lack of a better word; bollocks.
I’d tried to get in contact with Gerard, because his parents decided to spend a vacation in the human world, but he didn’t know a way around it either. I thought that maybe, because I was a pure blood, the laws of Kaja wouldn’t apply to me. The only way I could find out about this theory was to read some pure blood books. These are only found in the wizard world. How do I get there? Brendon. Where is he? No fucking idea.

I crept out of bed, checking my reflection in the mirror. I went to get out my wand to ready myself, but sighed as I realized where I was. Reality involved so much effort.
I was soon up and ready, with the bed made, curtains and windows open and Bogart tended to. His first night here, and he hadn’t even had a chance to spend it with his owner.
I went down the stairs carefully, but no one was home so I need not bother. His mom and dad were both out at work until 5, when she came home. I scanned the house for an unfamiliar door, which could possibly be to the study. There was one door under the stairs, which when opened, lead to more stairs – the basement. I tugged on a pull cord, but only a dim light came on, that flickered.
“Brendon?” I called out as I walked down the dirty stairs. I hoped he wasn’t down here because the conditions were almost inhumane. I heard a faint grumbling so walked further down, then turned the corner and found him. Laying curled up in a ball, on the cold, dusty floor, wearing nothing more than a pair of sweats on his lower half. His glasses were the other side of the room and he was shivering almost violently.
“Bren.” I gulped and rushed to his side, kneeling down and stroking his face lightly. He groaned out in agony as I touched the swelling. “What has he done to you? He’s a monster...” I trailed off, scanning the damage. There were welts across his torso and one across his left arm, with swellings and bruises smothering inch after inch of his once pure skin.
“Are you okay? Stupid question. It’s obvious you’re not.”
He smiled slightly, eyes still firmly closed.
“Can you get up?” I asked and he nodded, sitting up and gripping his knees, pressing his lips together to keep in the cries of pain, but his watery eyes told otherwise.
“What did you do that made him do this?” I asked quietly, holding his hand in mine.
He licked his lips, then shrugged.
He was different Brendon. He was real Brendon at home, the real one will be honest, the real one will tell me what the hell is up with his demonic father. Unless, of course, it’s been battered out of him and he’s been sworn to silence.
“You can’t tell me?”
He shrugged. Barely.
“Thanks. You’ve really given a lot away.”
“You don’t understand.” he finally said.
“Never tell someone who is willing to help, they ‘don’t understand.’ I know full well I don’t understand, that’s why I want to help. It would be a little easier if you told me why you’ve been put in this state.”
“Because.” he choked out. “I’m a disruption. An interference. My parents lead a perfectly happy life, I come home and change it, somehow. If my dad beats me, it means he terrifies the fuck out of me, so I stay well away at all times and thus normality is, basically, restored between my parents. I’m not gone, but I’m hidden, and I’m terrified. I won’t come out because if I do, then my mom will see the bruises. And I wouldn’t want that.”
“That’s it?”
“Oh, and I’m a faggot, a waste of space, a mistake, ‘if only the condom hadn’t broken’, the typical insults. I don’t know why he feels the need to throw them at me because I already know they’re true without him drilling it into my head time and time again.”
“Wait... does he know I’m your girlfriend?”
He shook his head. Just like his father.
“I haven’t had the chance to tell them. I don’t know how it’d work out though, how they’d react. Remind me never to have kids, if you end up hating them this much.”
“I doubt your dad hates you...”
“Oh yeah?” he tested, showing the whip mark on his back from his dad’s leather belt.
I sighed and kissed his lips once, just very softly. I stood up and brought him up with me, feeling terrible as he held in screams.
“Get on my back, you. Your parents are out so I’m pampering you all day. You deserve for someone to treat you nicely. I guess that person has to be me.”
He laughed lightly. “I’m not getting on your back. I’ll break you.”
“Come on, we’re not that much different in height and I’m stronger than I look. Trust me.”
He shook his head, still laughing, but clambered on anyway as I hurried up the two flights of stairs, gently laying him down on the bed, next to Bogart.
“I’m going to run you a bath, you get changed into some swim shorts or something. What do you want to drink and eat?”
“Jennifer, seriously, I don’t want you to-”
“Hey, I’m persistent. I’m pampering you and that’s final. My persistence is part of the whole girlfriend deal so accept it.” I smiled, and he did back.
“A coffee and some buttered toast would be fantastic.” he smiled warmly. I nodded and left him to his own devices, running a hot bath with lots of bubbles and making him a fresh coffee with two slices of buttered toast in the mean time. As soon as I was done I rushed back upstairs, turned off the taps and set his breakfast to one side.
He was perched on the end of the bed, wearing nothing but small swimming trunks. I couldn’t help but blush and acted as a crutch, to aid him to the bath. He winced as the water covered his cuts and welts, but slowly sank all the way in. Hopefully his cuts had scabbed or the skin had partially healed, otherwise water would get in to his bloodstream, weakening his blood even more.
I rest the metal trap over the bath, placing his toast and coffee mug on there. He smiled at me, biting his bottom lip.
“You know, this is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.”
“It’s nothing.” I grinned and leaned back against the wall, chuckling as Bogart climbed into my lap. I stroked the small dog gently, leaving him when he started to get drowsy.
“It’s certainly something. Now this means I have to do something for you, correct?”
“Not necessarily. Some of us have a strong sense of kindness, and are kind by free will, not expecting anything back.”
“Extraordinary.” he mused, putting the tray on the floor and sinking further in, closing his eyes and smiling.
“Sometimes it feels as if, although you’re nearly all human, you’re not quite in sync with emotions. As if they’re too difficult to decipher.”
“Sometimes, I think you’re right.” he chuckled and brought his knees up to his chest.
“Just sometimes?”
“Barely even that.”
“Oh, you’re pushing it Urie.” I smirked.
“I know.” he smirked too and flashed that trademark grin at me. “Maybe Christmas won’t be too bad if you’re here with me.”
“Don’t expect baths and breakfast every day!”
“I wouldn’t dare. Tonight.” he paused. “Tonight do you want to go somewhere?”
“What do you mean.” I frowned.
“Don’t make me say it.” he blushed and smiled a little. “You know, like a date. Between girlfriend and boyfriend. Like what we are, last time I checked. It won’t be anything magnificent because we’re stuck with human places to go, but it can still be fun.”
“It sounds like you’re trying to convince me to go on a date with you.” I laughed. “I don’t need convincing Brendon, sure I’ll go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So... yeah :D

P.S. What the HELL just happened in Doctor Who? D;