Status: Very Much Active.

The Decaydance Wizarding Academy.

Chapter 4 - Can you say, jack ass?

“Shit!” I screamed loudly as something extremely heavy dropped on to my foot. I covered my mouth and muttered “Sorry!” in case anyone was offended by my outburst.
I looked up to see someone rush away from the balcony where the book had been dropped and ran down to the stairs, to my aid.
“I’m so sorry! I’m such a klutz at times!” mumbled a shy, blushing and a little chubby boy. He was a little shorter than me and looked very flustered. “I’m sorry I dropped my book on you.”
I stood up, dusted myself down and smiled. “Don’t worry, wrong timing is all. I’m Jennifer.” I said, sticking out my hand.
“Patrick Stump.” he blushed and shook my hand with his sweaty one. “I’ll, um, yeah I’ll be off.” he stuttered and clutched his book to his chest, walking up the stairs quickly. As he was going up he crashed into Brendon, who wasn’t in the slightest bit pleased.
“What the fuck are you doing?!” he screamed.
“I-I-I’m sorry Brendon, I d-didn’t mean t-to.” he stuttered.
“Get the fuck out of my way, short stack.”
“Hey!” I called out to him. “Don’t be such a jack ass Urie, he didn’t do it on purpose.”
“Haven’t you got some weight to lose or something, Andrews?” spat Brendon.
“You cut me deep.” I said, rolling my eyes. “Just ignore him Patrick.”
He nodded and scurried off somewhere. Brendon made a disgusted noise and snarled at me, so I decided to pester him. This would be fun.
He walked past me, and as he did so, I held his hand in mine and cast a spell so that he couldn’t let go until I said so.
“What are you doing.” he said, through gritted teeth.
“Holding your hand.” I shrugged.
“Can you not?”
“Because…”
“I’ve got places to be and things to do, now let go of my damn hand.”
I smiled and squeezed his hand. “Nope. Besides, you’ve got nothing to do because you have no one to see, thus there is no specific place to be, either.”
He sighed and continued walking in the same direction as beforehand, but with me joined to him.
“Don’t you get lonely sometimes?” I asked.
“No, never.”
“That’s a lie.” I scoffed. “Unless you’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a friend or girlfriend.”
“I have Salem and I have magic. That’s all I’ll ever need.”
I raised my eyebrows. “Really? Don’t you ever wish you had someone to confide in, or a girl to hold-”
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; no.”
I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. Brendon tensed up at the new contact, making it even more blatant he wasn’t used to this.
“Have you ever had a girlfriend?” I asked, wanting to find out the real reason behind his hostility and lack of companions.
“I have Salem and I have magic. That’s all I’ll ever need.” he repeated.
“So that’s a no.”
“I have Sa-”
“Brendon! I’m trying to be nice here and you keep on repeating the same tedious sentence, yes, I got it the first time thanks!”
“I don’t need you to be nice! I’ve coped without friends for thirteen years, just because you’re here doesn’t mean everything is gonna change! Now let go of me, damn it!”
I frowned and calmed down, softening my expression. The only way to have a conversation with him was if you were very mellow.
“I’m not trying to change you, I’m just interested. I thought you may like a friend.”
“You?” he scoffed. “Don’t make me laugh. You’re the last person I’d choose to be my friend.”
“And why exactly is that?”
He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again and looked down at his shoes. For once, he didn’t know what to say. He didn’t bite my head off, or cry, as I thought he may do from his expression.
“Brendon?”
“I don’t need friends, Jenny. I’m not programmed to need them.”
“I’m going to do something, and don’t get mad at me, okay?”
“I can get mad if I want.” he scowled. I hugged Brendon’s skinny frame and he gasped as my arms clamped around him. He obviously wasn’t expecting me to do this, and didn’t like bodily contact.
“So, do you want to get mad?” I asked, still hugging him. His arms were rigid by his sides, as if they were robotic.
He didn’t reply, just sighed.
“You can hug back, you know. It is possible Urie.”
He bent his arms slowly, moving around a lot, finally hugging me after at least half a minute.
“This.” he paused. “This isn’t so bad.”
I smiled. “Honestly?”
“Yeah. It’s kind of… comforting.”
I closed my eyes and he hugged me a little more tightly. We stayed like that for a while, then he suddenly let go of me, pushing me to one side and dusting himself down.
“No.” he muttered, shaking his head.
“Brendon, what’s wrong?”
He shook his head again and started to walk away, but I wouldn’t let him. “I’m not going to hurt you or do anything you don’t want, if that’s what you’re worried about. I’m just trying to be a friend.” I said calmly.
“But I don’t want a friend.”
“Why?”
“Because everyone ditches me, okay?!” he shouted. “People latch on to me then throw it back in my fucking face, so I don’t want anymore attachments!”
Brendon ran a hand through his thick, brown hair, sighing. “Please leave me alone. I’m being quiet and not screaming, so please, just leave me alone.”
“Brendon, I-”
“Please.” he begged, looking so damn sad. I complied and nodded, then he walked to the library.
♠ ♠ ♠
People who have requested positions in this story, the first few people who requested will be in the next chapter. Just a heads up there (:
Anyway, I love your feedback and comments. The more of that I get, the more inspiration I get :D

So, I love you all. (: <3
-Freya. xx