Status: Active

Stay With Me

Five

Over the next two weeks, I didn’t receive anymore beatings that was until he found out Matt and the lads came to see me. I notice that it was only when I talked to the band he would beat me. One day when I was on my way to a party with Kev, Matt came up to us and tried to talk to me. Kev wasn’t having any of it. I told him that I would speak to him later which was a stupid thing to say in front of Kev. Once Matt was out of sight, I had a right go at Kev, seeing as we were out in public, I took that as a advantage.

“Why the hell did you do that? He was only telling me about the gig that’s coming up here. Which I am going to”

“Oh no your not. You are not going to see him again.”

“What do you mean you can’t tell me who I can and can’t see”

“Yes I can because I can’t trust you with him. And he’s seen the bruises. So you will tell him tonight that you can’t make the gig and that you can’t be friends with him” These words hurt me like a dagger to the heart. I fought the tears back I couldn’t let it see that it hurt me this much. When we got to the party I kept my distance from Kev, he didn’t hassle me all night. That was only coz there was too many of his mates to spy on me. I spent most of the night on my own in the garden, drinking myself to death and trying to figure out what to say to Matt. I can’t believe I’m even considering doing this. I could just tell Kev that I told Matt I can’t be friends, but he probably wouldn’t believe me. My thoughts was interrupted by some girl asking me questions. She looked a little annoyed.

“Sorry, I have a lot of things on my mind”

“It’s ok I was just wondering if you had a spare cig” Oh right. I reached into my bag and gave her the packet which had my last one in. “Do you mind?” She asked. I shook my head. We spent a few minutes in silence, then she spoke again. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“Yeah and no, its kinda complicated” I told her most of what has happened, leaving out that Kev beats me.

“Wow that is complicated, well all I will say is follow your heart” I looked at her and smiled.

“Thanks” If only it was that easy I thought. “Thanks for listening, I think I’m gonna go in and find Kev. I want to go home.” I said and walked back into the house. As I walked into the living room I couldn’t see a thing it was that smoky. I finally found drunk and stoned out of his face.

“Kev, I’m going home. I don’t feel well.” He gave me a right evil look.

“NO your not your staying here. I don’t trust you.” He said as he grabbed hold of my arm.

“Let go of me” People was starting to stare at this point. He didn’t let go, his grip went tighter. “I said LET GO OF ME” I screamed. He looked pissed off, it was because I was showing him up and he couldn’t do nothing about it. Could he? I waited for him to realise my arm. After what seemed like a hour he let me go so I turned around quickly to make a run for the front door but he beat me to it.

“Kev, what are you doing let the girl go?” I heard on of his mates say. But instead of moving he just stood there staring at me.

“Kevin, what the fuck is wrong with you. All I want is to go home, not sleep with Matt.” I joked which I regret. He gave me this really evil look and slapped me with the back of his hand. The whole room came to a standstill.

“Oh my god Kevin, how could you do that?” Some girl shouted, and came over to me. She put her arm around me and lead me outside. I turned around and saw Kev still stood there staring at me. All of his mates was coming up to him, trying to get some sense into him. Like that’s going to work. Once we was outside, some other people followed us. They wouldn’t stop asking if I was all right.

“Guys I’m fine”

“You don’t look fine” I noticed that I was shaking like mad, and that the left side of my face was starting to burn. “I’m gonna call the police”

“What are they gonna do? They will only arrest him then let him go in the morning.”

“You can’t let him get away with this.” One girl said as she dialled 999 into her phone. They came within half a hour, what good are they now he walked out like 15 minutes ago. They questioned everyone in the living room, and everyone that was around me, then they took me down to the station to question me properly. I was in there 2 and a half hours. And what for? They are probably not going to be able to find him now. When I got out of the police station, only one person popped into my head. Matt. What if had gone after him? I looked at my phone it was 2 in the morning. I wonder if he would be asleep? Only one way to find out. I opened my phone and dialled Matt’s number. It only took 3 rings and he picked up.

“Hey hope I didn’t wake you”

“No, we are all up drinking. You ok?” He asked

“No not really. Could you pick me up at the police station?”

“The police station?!” He shouted. He sounded worried. “What’s happened”

“I’ll explain everything when I see you”

“Ok I’ll be right there” As he put the phone down, I could he the rest of the band talking at once at him. He was here in 15 minutes, and it was like a half a hour drive to the station. He must have been really worried. I got in the car, and he looked so scared.

“What happened? Are you ok?” That’s when I burst into tears

“No, I’m not” I said as I brush my hair out of my face. Matt’s facial expression changed from worry to shocked.

“Who did that to you?” he struggled to say.

“Kev” I whispered.

“What?!” He shouted. Then the car came to a stop. Lucky there was no one behind us.

“He hit me, front of everyone at that party we was at.” He sat there in complete shock. “But it’s not the first time” That shock now turned into anger.

“How come you have let this go on so long, I wouldn’t have let him touch you if you had told me straight away.” He said giving me a hug and cradled me. We must have been there for a hour just talking because he got a phone call off Josh. “We are on our way” I put the phone down. He started the car again and began driving back home.
When we pulled up on there drive, I got out of the car and thanked Matt for the ride. When I got to my door, he shouted if my dad was in.

“No he’s out of town for the weekend.”

“Why don’t you stay over here, I don’t like the idea of you staying in there on your own” I thought about it, and accepted the offer. I mean what if he came back. I couldn’t call anyone for help. He opened the door for me and told me to go into the kitchen away from the guys for a minute. So I did. He must have been telling them not to ask questions about tonight, I heard him say something about a fight, and that I got caught in it.
After Matt was finished, he came back in and handed me a drink.

“Looks like you need one after tonight”

“Thanks” I smiled and got up to go in the living room. The guy’s was all very nice to me and tried making jokes out of what ‘happened’. After a few more drinks I must have fell asleep, because the next thing I know is I’m being carried upstairs.

“Hey go back to sleep” Matt said as he placed me on his bed.

“Where are you going to sleep?” I asked.

“I’m gonna sleep downstairs”

“Don’t be silly you should sleep in your own bed, I’ll sleep downstairs on the couch.” I said as I got up.

“No stay there its fine. Unless you want me to sleep beside you.” He asked

“Yeah, then I wont feel as guilty stealing your bed” I half smiled. He lay on the bed and began stroking my left cheek. I winced when he first touch it, I must have scared him slightly coz he jumped then touched my cheek even lighter. I fell asleep after 15 minutes of Matt humming songs.
The next morning I woke up with my head on Matt’s chest and my arms wrapped around him. I noticed that his arms were also wrapped around me. It felt nice. Being around him like this. But I knew it wouldn’t last long. Josh, Max and Dan burst into the room shouting random stuff trying to get Matt up. God was it like this every day? I got up off Matt and watched them shake him.

“What the fuck guys?” Was the first thing out of his mouth. I laughed.

“Morning sleepy head” I giggled. He turned to me and smiled.

“How long have you been up?”

“Just a few minutes, before these guys charged in here” I laughed.

“Yeah sorry about that but we have band practise at 4” Matt looked at his phone

“Shit, did we really sleep in this late.” I looked at mine, it was half 3.

“Wow I guess I should be going.” I said as I got up of the bed. “Thanks for having me guys, I’ll cya later” And I walked out of the room. As I got to the bottom of the stairs, I heard Matt
shout after me. He wanted to walk me back to my house, even though I lived next door. He wanted to be a gentleman.

“Thanks for not telling the lads about what really happened last night” I said as we got out of the door.

“It’s ok, but they will probably find out sooner or later”

“ I know but thanks again.” I smiled I gave him a kiss. He kissed me back. That kiss must have lasted a good 5 minutes, was the best kiss I have ever had. Once I backed out from the kiss, I was still smiling.

“You should go, your going to be late”

“Ok, but we will pick up where we left off” He smiled and walked back to his house. I turned around and went into mine still grinning. As I opened the door, I was faced with my dad. I think I scared him, he was asking all kinds of questions about where I was, and why I didn’t come home. I could understand really why he was so worried because I’m all he has right now. So I told him everything, apart from you know what, and he calmed down a lot. After he left for work my phone started ringing, it was Mary.

“Hey, whats up” I said all happy. The next thing that came out of her mouth was about to make me even happier.

“You never guess what? Kev has just been arrested”
♠ ♠ ♠
Right that's all i wrote last year
Do i continue?