A Daisy With Thorns

Chapter 7

When i left Blaine's room, my stomach growled loudly. i haven't eaten in what feels like years, but its only been about 2 days. I'm the kind of person who NEEDS food when ever their hungry, and if you give it to me, I'll be your best friend. i reached the maids chamber door and pushed it open. walking in, i picked Georgia from the crowd of black and white clad girls and made my way over to her. "Hey Georgia, i have a question to ask you," i said when i finally got to her.

"Oh hold, on hon', the dinner bell is about to ring in 3, 2, 1-" a soft ding silenced the girls who were talking and they all pretty much bolted out of the room. Me and Georgia casually walked along behind them with some of the older servants. As much as i wanted to jump into the crowd and grab whatever food was there, i waited. Eventually, we got to the front of the line and got dinner. There wasn't much left since about 50 girls already went through the line. Georgia grabbed a bottle of water and a bowl of something brown. I also grabbed water and a plate of something neon yellow.

We sat down at a rickety, old table and i poked at my plate. "So Georgia, how long have you known Master Blaine?" i said it with some uncertainty, and kind of nervously. Her eyes lit up and she laughed, "I've known him since he was born, but i don't think that's the kind of answer you wanted. This seems like a teenage girl kind of thing, why don't you talk to...Ah! Annalise!" She pointed to a girl with long red hair. "Annalise! Have you met Logan yet?" she yelled.

She came over to our table and sat down. Annalise was pretty, bright green eyes and shiny hair. "Hi, you must be Logan. Of course Georgia already told you who i was. So, what do you need from me?"

"Logan here needed some more information about Master Blaine, and i think that subject is best left to another girl," Georgia winked at me and moved to the next table.

"So, you're the new girl. What position are you? I'm Blaine's maid by the way," Annalise smiled. "Yup, the new girl, great. Can i call you Anna? The name Annalise is kinda long to say all the time," she nodded. It's weird talking to someone other than Shane or Jake and being friendly. Usually i just insult them, then blow the person off.

"Since I'm Blaine's new butler, i have a few questions to ask you," Anna's eyes widened when i told her i was his butler. "Oh my gosh! You're his new butler? No one has ever been that close to him! Ever! the rumor going around said that Master bought him a new servant, but no one thought that you would be his butler! And that's weird because butlers are usually guys!"

"Really? Um, does he smile and laugh a lot?" I picked up a small bite of the gunk on my plate and ate it. It tasted stale, burnt, and faintly like lemons.

"Ha, smile and laugh? He's been depressed lately and his father thought a gift -You- would cheer him up. At first, he didn't want a new person around, but he gave in." Anna turned around to wave at someone. If he was depressed, why did he laugh when i was around?

"Okay, anyway, is the food always like this?" i asked poking my lemony goo.

"Yeah, most of the time it tastes like shit, but we don't get anything else. With two meals a day and no break during chores, you better eat whatever you can because fainting on the job isn't good." She sighed and looked down at her own plate. Girls were starting to leave the dining room, apparently heading back to the quarters. I looked back to Anna, "So...I'm guessing dinners over." She nodded and go up to put her plate on a cart full of dirty dishes. i did the same and followed her out the door.

We got to the maids quarters and i asked, "Oh Shit! Where do i live?"

"I have a double room and no partner, do you wanna share with me?" Anna Asked turning to me. I agreed and she led me through the dingy, gray hallways to a gray door. She opened it and i took in the small space. Two twin sized beds, a dresser, and a small lamp was all that was in the room. "This is your bed, that's mine, and the bottom two drawers are yours," Anna said before sitting on her bed. i sat on mine and kicked off my shoes.

"So, Anna, tell me about yourself," i said

"Well, i'm 15. Love the color green, wearing dresses, music, and writing. I dont like messy people, dogs, and i am terrified of heights. What about you? you seem like a colorful person,"

"I am 16 years young. My favorite color is purple followed by teal. i love music, skateboarding, hitting things with baseball bats, and pissing people off. i hate preps, the color pink, high-heels, and writing on lined paper." She laughed at the last thing i said.

"Why do you hate lined paper?"

"You can never read what you wrote and they make suckish paper airplanes. Anyway, how do things work around here?"

"We all wake up at 6 am, shower, change, and then head to breakfast. After that we report to our Masters and get our chores for the day. No breaks or food until you get them done. When you are done, you have to go to your master and get more chores until work time is over. Thats at 7 pm, then we go to dinner and we have to stay in our rooms until lights out at 8:30. Long days and hard work. It gets pretty boring and monotonous around here." Really? Thats the whole day here?

"Seems really boring," i said

"Yeah for us. We stay inside all day, but you have to follow Blaine where ever he goes. You get to go in parts of the mansion we aren't even allowed to be in. If he wants to go out some where, you have to accompany him. Lucky." She scoffed then smiled. i laughed.

"Oh great, its almost lights out. Here you can borrow a pair of my pj's until we can get you some. follow me to the bathroom." she tossed me a white shirt and shorts and walked out the door.

the bathroom was three toilet stalls, three shower stalls, and three sinks and mirrors. A line of girls were already waiting for one of the toilet stalls, we stood at the end of the line. Anna started talking to a brunette in front of her. The girls eyes popped at something Anna said and they both looked at me.

"Oh my god! you're Blaines new butler! That's so cool! I'm Sarah by the way," She had short brown hair and big, brown eyes.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Logan, nice to meet you," Ugh, i hated being so polite. The two went back to talking and it was my turn to change. i took off my socks and dress and put on the shirt and shorts. The white shirt was tight and a bit too long and the shorts were just short. i exited the stall and stood in front of an open mirror. i looked horrible! The little bit of make-up i still had on was faded and clumpy, my eyes were blood-shot, and i had bruises all over my shoulders and part of my neck. i washed my face, when i looked in the mirror again, i saw two girls whispering to each other and looking at me. Oh how i hated gossip.

I found Anna and we went back to our room. As soon as we closed the door, another soft ding caused the sound of ten other doors closing simultaneously. I climbed in the creaky twin bed, and pulled the thin blue blanket up to my neck. Anna turned the light out and i relaxed. For the past three nights sleep i was in pain or worried. It was nice to actually fall asleep on my own accord in a bed, even if it wasn't comfortable.

"Better fall asleep fast Logan, First days are always the worst. Good night," Anna said. she turned over, making her bed squeak.

"Night Anna," i said barley more then a whisper, a sudden feeling of homesickness overcame me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh, kinda boring. it will get better the next chapter. Comment! xoxo