Rainbows and Cupcakes vs. Gunshots and Pills

Insanity

twitch.
flicker.
twitch.
flicker....


My eyes wouldn't close all the way. I sucked on the cool metal of my lip ring and counted those little cracks in my bedroom ceiling. High school was starting up again... Chloe and I had big plans this year. As sophmores, we're neither noobs nor old farts. We're right in the middle and this was good. We were untouchable now.

twitch

Now, if I didn't have ensomnia to keep me away. I really needed sleeping, but I am so deprived of it, this happens. I just... stare into the great cracks of the beyond. Hmmm, makes me want to remember how Chloe and I first met.....

*flashback* oooooohhhhh

I tugged at my blouse's sleeves and pulled at my stupid school jumper. Daddy had just left for work, leaving me with these kids that I had no idea whose names they were. I'm playing with legos when some kid pushes me and knocks me into the building blocks. They start fighting and yelling. I run away from the two chaotic boys, looking back to see the one boy, the restless black haired boy with his power ranger shirt. The other one pushed his thick rimmed glasses and crossed his arms while he yelled. You could see the polo the four-eyes was wearing crinkle in the middle from his pose. I was paying attention to how they look so much, I ran into a girl. I must've frightened her. She dropped her paint on the floor. I remember saying sorry, but it's blank inbetween. I only remember us finger painting together and never growing apart.

High school began a few years back. We were picked on for not being one with the crowd, but like a different. Different going to be used as a proper noun? An actual name? Anyways, the day she got her ears pierced, I got my lip pierced. She dyes my hair highlights of pink and red, I put shades of blue. She wears converse, I put on Vans. She wears her black skinny pants, I wear my jeans. See, we're just the slightest bit different, but we don't hold that against us. We act like sisters. We're best friends. This year, the cheerleaders would try to drop kick us. The jocks wouldn't shove us into those tiny lockers. We would not tolerate being looked down by everyone in the whole school. Even the nerds were better than us at the moment.

*end flashback* whoooooosh

I yawned a few times and looked at my digital clock. 4:46 AM. Well, at least I'll be able to get two hours of sleep. Here I come Wilmette High, just you watch. We'll beat up your little squad, make your boys wish you hadn't hurt us in any way. Oh yeah, we're going to get absolute REVENGE.