Rainbows and Cupcakes vs. Gunshots and Pills

Your Pain; My Agony

My head felt like someone dropped a bomb on it.

Just the mere use of my eyebrow muscles made me want to scream. I groaned and opened my eyes; everything was in a nice blur... as if water was running down all and smearing it up. I blinked a few times and pressed on the sides of my head. I focussed on my feet and noticed my shoes were gone. Wait, where are my shoes? Where am I? Why do I hear yelling and phones going off? Coughing and reflexive gags in the right and mumbling people to the left. My reality came crashing in and I did the only thing I knew how to do well.
yell
I screamed and I started cried out in the terror of waking up. My head was killing me. The dude next to me made me want to puke on my own. I had no idea where I was. Did the guys just leave me in the street? Am I in hell? What in the world was going on?

"Miss, please calm down. You're mother will be here in a moment. She went to get a cup of coffee. Stop crying, you're disturbing the other patients."

"They're disturbing me!" I whined and clutched my head tighter and pulled it between my legs.

"Would you like some asprin?" the lady asked.

"Yes, and to get out of here. I can't stand the smell of vomit," I gagged and winced at the noises.

The woman, who I now suspect to have been a nurse, left my bedside to get some medicine for my throbbing head. The smell of the bile increased the pain in my head. I felt my stomach churn and I leaped out of bed and went looking around the room. I found the lady in the corner by some other nurses and she spotted me. Quickly, she came back and gave me the pills. I slipped them back and chugged the water, instantly feeling better with water in my throat, pushing my own build up back.

"Some one will clean that up, how about we look for your mother. Are you dizzy or can you walk?" she asked, positioning her arms tentatively around my torso, just in case I'd fall.

"I can walk, I just need to get away from here," I grumbled.

"I can take her, ma'am!" I heard someone yell.

I turned around to see Chloe running towards me, Frank right on her heels. I wanted to burst out crying again, just seeing my best friend and her worried look on her face.

"Is this alright?" the nurse asked me.

I nodded and threw my arms around Chloe. She was careful about my head, "You idiot, what did I say about playing in traffic!!" she scolded me.

"Sorry... wait, I don't think I started off playing in the street..." I muttered.

"Whatever, you're okay now. Come on, I think I saw your mom when I was coming in."

We walked out of the ER. My painful headache settled down to a simmer after we left the noisy area. The nurse went up to her and handed her an icepacket. She nodded her off with a thanks and placed the ice on my head. I had no idea the back of my head was bruised until I felt my head get dizzy from the pressure and temperature of the bag.

"Woah," I gasped and stumbled.

Chloe pulled me over to a chair in the waiting room and stayed with me. No sooner than when we sat, Mom came strolling in, sipping her coffee away. She would have walked right by us if she didn't glance at us. Her eyes got big and she quickly made her way to us.

"Els, are you okay? Why are you out here?" she bent down closer to me and put a hand on my cheek. Her hand was hot in contrast to my cold head.

"Peachy Mom. Last thing I remember is almost dying. A car was heading right for me. I closed my eyes, felt my head hit something and here I am. Where's everyone? Did they ditch or somethin?"

"No, Honey... Patrick went down to the police station with the woman to file a report. Peter went home with his mother. He saved you from almost getting run over. Left the scene with a broken arm. Now, are you sure you feel okay?"

"Mom?" I waved her closer to me.

"Yeah?" she moved her head so her ear was near my mouth.

"Let's ditch this place, it's making me sick."

She chuckled, "Alright, Ellie. Come on."

Mom signed me out of the hospital and giving them our address to send the bill. I said goodbye to Chloe and Frank.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow morning," I said as hugging Chloe one last time.

"Alright, bye, Ellie." Chloe playfully punched my right shoulder and I punched hers. We snapped twice and slapped twice. Our own secret and short "handshake."

Mom and I deftly made our way to our Toyota and drove home. As we pulled into our drive way, she looked across the street to the Wentz residence.

"I almost forgot... I have to call them to say that you're okay," she brushed her shoulder length blonde hair out of her face, "They haven't been over for a while. Say, Els, how about we invite them over for dinner?"

I gaped at her, "Am I still asleep? Did I just hear you want to invite Peter Wentz over?! What?"

"Oh come on. You two used to be good friends," she smiled.

"What world are you living in? Pete and I have never played well with each other."

"Sure..." she looked amused, "but still. It's the least we can do since he took most of the damage."

I winced at her come back. It was true, he did save me. However, there was a nagging feeling in the back of my head, close to my bruised area, where I was trying to remember why I was in the street in the first place.

"Fine, invite them over. Just... let me take a shower first," I sighed.

We walked in; Mom grabbed the house phone and I made my way up the stairs to the bathroom. I heard her talking to Mrs. Wentz as I stripped out of the grimy clothing and into the shower. My body tensed at the warm water and I a moan slipped as it massaged my head. What a first day of school this was, and it still was not over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, dinner w/ the Wentz family! *jigs*
anywho....>>
Updated... later today or tomorrow. I'll be seeing Coraline, so yeah.. maybe tomorrow...