Rainbows and Cupcakes vs. Gunshots and Pills

In The Silence Unknown To Us

Pete's POV+

We sat on her floor, indian style, looking over some messed up ideas on how to get the cheerleaders sick long enough to take over the school.

"I was thinking of laxatives in cupcakes..." Ellie mumbled as she scribbled out her rat poison idea.

"I think that's better than rat poison; you might kill them and then how are you suppose to continue the mission?" I laughed as I pulled at my hair.

She noticed, "Pete, you really need to cut you're hair.... it's starting to claw its way to me."

"Maybe it likes you," I shrugged, taking the paper from her hands and going over the list of plans, "And you should stop looking at it so it doesn't get its hopes up."

"Your hair... has hopes?" she scoffed, "Of what exactly? One day cutting itself so that it can look better?"

"Do you ever wonder if kids cut themselves just to look better?" I blurted out.

That cute.. I mean scrunched up looking face of hers made me think otherwise.

"No, I guess not," I trailed off, looking back at the clipboard, "So... laxatives..."

"Yeah, and selling coolaid too." Ellie grinned like a mischievious bobcat, "You can come over during the weekend to help make cookies and cupcakes... I mean" she looked off to her poster covered walls, "that's if you want to."

"I'll see what Patrick's up to. Maybe we can double-- uh --just come over and you can bring Chloe. I'm sure that'll cheer Patrick up." I looked at my cast to avoid contact. I need to shut my mouth.

"You don't know about Frank?" she asked.

"What about him?" I looked up to her. Not a good idea.

I keep getting lost in those eyes of hers and she'd drop me in a second if she knew how I felt. Uneasy, we agreed during the weekend that we would meet up at her house to make the first plans. She looked as if she was about to say something to me, However, she'd look off everytime as if we never made eye contact.

"Peter..." she dragged my name out; hesitance in every syllable, "I hope... I hope you're not getting any ideas about.. us.."

"I'm not following you," my heart beat quickened and skip shitloads of pulses to keep pumping blood.

"It's only the first day of school and I feel like all the years of knowing you and judging you were wrong," she pushed her apple smelling hair away from her face, "and I can't think you over anymore. We were sworn enemies ever since third grade."

"Ellie, we don't have to be enemies if you don't want to," I chuckled nervously.

"But we've come to a truce since the beginning of summer and have acted as very good friends in front of our mothers," she sighed heavily, a groan coming out of her throat as she stood up and started to pace, "Wentz, I can't think of you this way. It doesn't seem logical to me. We fight constantly. We're always losing because no one can ever win. We're both stuborn...."

Elyssia Vinincci quickened her pace, a hole to the first floor could appear at the speed she was going and all I could do was look at her. Was she denying me the chance to actually love her because for the past ten years of our lives we've hated or pretended to hate each other's guts for too long? I could only sit and look at her strained body try to contemplate her next sentence. I couldn't wait here for her to tell me no. I had to say something... anything...

"Pete, I think--" but I cut her off before another single word dropped from her tongue. I captured it within my own.

My only capable hand grabbed her head towards mine in the most powerful first kiss I had ever given. Regret was tugging on my stomach, but the moment her struggle switch to a different gear, I knew she lost the game. She lost because she thought no one could ever win, but here I was sharing one of the most passionate moments in my short fifteen years with her. Things would be different; good and bad, but I would never forget this. After what seemed like minutes of making out, we finally ceased. I rested my forehead to hers and laughed softly.

"What?" she smirked at me.

"My hair seems to finally reached its goal," our hair entwined where mine laid on hers. My few good inches taller than her was all thanks to that.

"Oh well, I suck at keeping it away," she sighed.

"Hey Els?"

"Yeah?" she looked up into my eyes.

"Will you be the girl I'll never let go of?"

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Well if you want to be blatant, then yeah..." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Wentz," she giggled, "or I'll say no."

"You wouldn't," I teased.

"Maybe," she sighed.

"I won't give up on you," I kissed her forehead and separated our bodies.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so after this whole schpeel with Els and Pete, we're gonna start heading down Chloe's route. ;D

Kill me if you don't like the relationship, but you really don't know my setup plan. who knows what happens... I don't know seventy percent of the time.