Rainbows and Cupcakes vs. Gunshots and Pills

Jump Ship

After leaving the hospital with Frank, he walked me back to the bus stop, "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you? Will you be okay?" Frank put his hands securely on my cheeks and stared into my eyes, "Can I trust you not to get hurt on your way home?"

"What?" I asked, "I've hurt myself already?"

"No," he laughed and brought his hands down to his side, "just worried about you..."

"Don't be," I brushed him off with a smile, "Ellie's okay, everyone's okay, I can go home without any worries."

"Can I ask you a question?" Frankie bit at his lip ring, peering down at the cracks on the sidewalk, "Are we official?"

"As far as I'm concerned, that was our first 'date,' unless it was something else to you," I rubbed my chin in thought, "I think you're my boyfriend."

"What about Stumph?" he scratched at his random tattoos, "Because this feud could end up in us killing each other over you."

"Why are you feuding...." I looked at him, my voice monotone and heavy with disbelief.

"You're an amazing girl, Chloe," Frank looked up into my doubtful eyes, "Patrick's been there for you longer than me, but I want the chance of this relationship forming into something just as powerful and to spread into something more than it."

"As long as your plans aren't to make 'Trick jealous. He hasn't done anything to you," I muttered, now taking my turn at regarding the cracks on the sidewalk.

"Not to make him jealous, just aware that you both should have taken your chance a long time ago.... I won't rub it into his face or anything, but I just want to know that we're an item before rumors start flying about a showdown in the courtyard and I end up dead."

"The way you talk, you might end up dead. Patrick's sweet and considerate, but the wrong nerves twinged and... well... I don't know. I've never seen him mad, I've just heard stories from Peter."

"Well, I'll take the chances of dying for you, Chloe," he smiled widely.

My bus pulled up and waited for me to board. I looked back to Iero, feeling a slight pang... happiness mixed with anxiety, "I'll see you tomorrow Frank."

He gave me a hug and a slight peck on the lips, sending me off to go back home. Once I paid and sat towards the back, I sighed in relief of a 'finally ended' school day. I knew once I entered the doors of my abode, my mother and her husband would be asking questions of where I've been all day and why I didn't do such n' such chore. Yeah, Ellie was almost run over by a car... but that means nothing to them. oh, not to mention Patrick will probably try calling me today. He usually does with over-active days.... But I was in for a big surprise.

I waited until eleven at night, watching my cell phone, waiting for someone to call me. Anyone.... But not a single soul decided to pick up their mobiles to dial me. I groaned and realized that this relationship would be hard on everyone. My sister came into my room and crawled into my bed. I could hear the two 'adults' downstairs 'discussing' my future. I rolled my eyes and flicked the lights off. Snuggling under my sheets and rubbing my little sister's back until she fell asleep, I thought of reasons why Ellie or Patrick didn't call me.

Patrick, I could understand. He probably already believes Frank and I are going out, but would he give up so easily? It hurt to think he'd give up on me already. I pushed my thoughts to Ellie. Maybe she was busy being hugged to death by her mom. Mrs. Vinincci was quite frankly the best mother out there, except for Pete's mom. She was pretty awesome too. I let out a monstrous yawn and closed my eyelids. I'll get explanations tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
update... wooooo